Tournaments of Capitals

It's actually not new its been going a few years.

The first one took place in Paris 2013 was the idea of Regis Osmond President of the Paris Les Hussards Rugby League Club. Starting initially as an international university event, before taking its current format in 2013.

Which sees Belgrade, Paris and Budapest battle it out annually.

But don't be surprised to see other nations / cities enter in the future.

Poland, Turkey, Prague (Czech), Bosnia, Sofia (Bulgaria) would all seem likely future entrants.

In recent years it has found a home in Budapest.

The first one took place in Paris 2013 was the idea of Regis Osmond President of the Paris Les Hussards Rugby League Club. Starting initially as an international university event, before taking its current format in 2013.

Poland, Turkey, Prague (Czech), Bosnia, Sofia (Bulgaria) would all seem likely future entrants.

That poster has the flags of Netherlands, England and Sweden so I would assume they would be involved.

I had no idea that LHdP were still going. Great to see 9's going strong, eh Lionel?

I had no idea that LHdP were still going. Great to see 9's going strong, eh Lionel?

Manchester is well positioned for 9s, good flight routes into Europe and lots of teams at a good level for 9s at an amateur level,

Hopefully we will seen the Manchester 9s again this year and a Mancunians team take part.

Its an event with great potential.  Giving teams in the merit league (or any league) a highlight for the year.

It would be a good testing  ground & short break for Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Dutch and Spanish club teams, etc.

Chance to create our own Heritage International teams such as Poland & Hungary, like the Cabramatta 9s .

I couldn't agree more.

It does raise the question though why can't Rugby League see the obvious at times.

Because the people involved with running our game are low intelligence bully boy types or a have a conflict of interest elsewhere.

Tribalism is killing the game at all levels.

We need a David Oxley type to readdress the culture of our game from the top down.

Great,true but sad post Tex.

I would rather we split the game into administration and development. It would solve a lot of the political problems in the game and we can involve a lot of the highly intelligent people we have run some of the amateur clubs.

I got chance to attend the day at Oldham St Anne's the place was packed with people from all the different clubs in Oldham and Rochdale. All 3 pitches packed with an open age game and a limited contact tournament with probably well over 100 players playing in that. You had solicitors and radio presenters, BBC journalists all involved.

We have talent in the game we just need to find a way to use it.

The problem Tex is the good people are pushed out as they are seen as a threat to those in comfy positions of authority who are receiving ridiculously high salaries.

I agree 100% which is why money will never solve our problems. It will just go one over inflated salary.

Which is why I propose a separate arm of the game to develop it.

Outside of the rfl existing administration structure.

At the moments it's like we asking the DVLA to develop Motorsport.

Archived