New Shirts/Sponsors

andyram

Thanks for that tom very enlightening

Btw

Just remind everyone where Fi-ta was based please

My understanding it was an Australian company??

Yep, they are an Australian company.

Also, worth remembering that the nature of the industry means many new companies will approach clubs with cheap introductory offers as a means of getting in to a sport.

These offers are then withdrawn after the first season, which partly explains why so many clubs change suppliers so often.

Tom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that tom very enlightening

Btw

Just remind everyone where Fi-ta was based please

My understanding it was an Australian company??

Yes they are Australia based company who did a good job to get the replica shirts made just in time for xmas with very short notice.Personally I've got the last two home shirt designs because they was different to having the beautiful red,amber and black ones which I have about five.I've come round to thinking of having different designs every new season,but bringing back the traditional one every now and again to remind younger fans about our past.2018 seems like a good year to bring it back for that season.

Yes they are Australia based company who did a good job to get the replica shirts made just in time for xmas with very short notice.Personally I've got the last two home shirt designs because they was different to having the beautiful red,amber and black ones which I have about five.I've come round to thinking of having different designs every new season,but bringing back the traditional one every now and again to remind younger fans about our past.2018 seems like a good year to bring it back for that season.

Thanks andyram

Just thought it was an urban myth that we'd gone halfway around the world to find a supplier

Apparently not then

Tar ;)

If the club are making little or losing money on producing shirts then why not stick with traditional colours that everyone loves?

If the club must come out with a wacky design then why not do that with away shirt, rather badstardise our traditional shirts.

That way everyone is happy?

rambo.gif

The only time I buy a shirt is when we release the traditional R/A/B shirt. This seasons shirt was ok, but the rest I thought looked bland and were poor quality( especially the zar-x shirt)

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

I do see the design problem. You bring one out like this years, something different and many will say "I prefer the hoops" but if you bring out the hoops time after time people will say "it's just like last years."

Me and Kipperbang touched on it, a modern take on the hoops should be considered. This years home kit was very Bradford IMO.

If we want tradition, and perhaps this is an idea best saved till 2018, but Hunslet's away kit this season had a photo on the front from whatever year, and it looked quite a decent kit, now that is an option.

Someone said were not Leeds Rhinos - a team that could produce any design and the supporters would still buy, and then you have a team like Wigan, always stick with the cherry and white hoops but their fan base means they don't have to worry either. It's finding a balance. Think the club should scrap hoodies and waterproof jackets etc, if they contribute to the £7k loss as well.

Also I would like to know how much our sponsors pay to be on the kit, Yorkshire building services and The press/league weekly? Anyone know that?

Despite all the talk on here, the simple fact remains that the club do not sell enough merchandise to attract

a major manufacturer and changing every year becomes inevitable. It is a sad fact that Batley and Hunslet sell

more replica shirts and other merchandise than we do.

As BSJ pointed out, MS revealed to everyone that this year the shirt deal cost the club £7k and there are still

items of stock to sell.

The club cannot afford to tie up cash in a lot of stock in the shop and so very often goods have to be ordered

when specific sizes are out of stock. I am sure the club would welcome any volunteer with merchandising/ordering,

optimum stock and minimum/maximum stock level expertise to run the club shop and online service system.

Just a thought - if the people who want us to have an traditional RAB hooped Home Shirt every season say they

would buy one - would they buy one in the first season or one every season?

Sorry to disappoint everyone, the 2016 shirt is not RAB Hoops but a rather more modern design chosen, I believe,

mainly by the younger people who wear them every week and their boss!

Im guessing Ravensport

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Despite all the talk on here, the simple fact remains that the club do not sell enough merchandise to attract

a major manufacturer and changing every year becomes inevitable. It is a sad fact that Batley and Hunslet sell

more replica shirts and other merchandise than we do.

As BSJ pointed out, MS revealed to everyone that this year the shirt deal cost the club £7k and there are still

items of stock to sell.

The club cannot afford to tie up cash in a lot of stock in the shop and so very often goods have to be ordered

when specific sizes are out of stock. I am sure the club would welcome any volunteer with merchandising/ordering,

optimum stock and minimum/maximum stock level expertise to run the club shop and online service system.

Just a thought - if the people who want us to have an traditional RAB hooped Home Shirt every season say they

would buy one - would they buy one in the first season or one every season?

Sorry to disappoint everyone, the 2016 shirt is not RAB Hoops but a rather more modern design chosen, I believe,

mainly by the younger people who wear them every week and their boss!

You've just repeated what everyone else has said then. Could have just put the last paragraph and be done with it?

And this is another case of putting words into people's mouth isn't it?

Many said they liked RAB hoops, they didn't say they wanted every season - probably for the reason I highlighted.

Are you saying the players picked the shirts? That fills me with hope, saying that we know who to blame when these shirts don't put us into the top four

Well I must be different to everyone else, cos I would buy one every season if it was the traditional hoops. But, I would also buy a modern one if I really liked it.

Wilsden Ram says we can't attract a major manufacturer...Thank God!!! Anyone remember that le coq sportif monstrosity from the 90's. ???

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

Ok I've the solution

The traditional Red,amber,black hoops

Don't clash with any other shirt

So we have the hoops as our home shirt

And experiment with new designs for our away shirt or visa versa

The traditional hoops is never out of stock

And we only have to have limited numbers of away shirts

This I feel would help all

Club don't have to buy in as many shirts

Traditionalists can always get a hooped shirt

And the new if appealing would be snapped up by all interested

Then comes along Wilsden ram to poop ;)

Ok I've the solution

The traditional Red,amber,black hoops

Don't clash with any other shirt

So we have the hoops as our home shirt

And experiment with new designs for our away shirt or visa versa

The traditional hoops is never out of stock

And we only have to have limited numbers of away shirts

This I feel would help all

Club don't have to buy in as many shirts

Traditionalists can always get a hooped shirt

And the new if appealing would be snapped up by all interested

Then comes along Wilsden ram to poop ;)

Preferably made out of knitted cotton with buttons and a proper collar, I presume?

(Confession time - I have never bought a club shirt, no matter what the design.)

:bye:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Call yourself a fan? Next you'll be admitting to walking in at half time gratis and bashful bsj

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Just a thought,if I may. BISSA brought out a shirt,with approval from the club,based around supporters favourite designs. Could Amber Ribbon do the same.?? We at BISSA are still selling them several years later. Good fund raiser.

Colinb....BISSA Chair.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Just a thought,if I may. BISSA brought out a shirt,with approval from the club,based around supporters favourite designs. Could Amber Ribbon do the same.?? We at BISSA are still selling them several years later. Good fund raiser.

Colinb....BISSA Chair.

Sounds like something that could be popular, but think all supporters would try and put this £7k loss to an end, and even try and get the club breaking even.

And Coolie, WR has set the record straight for us already. We're making it a hat-trick of dreadful shirts in 2016.

Why is that even a question?

It's rhetorical MR - why do you even ask?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Coolie - I actually did think it was a good idea.

However if you want to trade personal abuse at least have

the courage to put the letters in the correct order.

Please send me a private mail and I will suggest a few

ideas (Facts) for the back of any shirt that you may purchase.

Why is that even a question?

It isn't, it's just another example of why BSJ has over 11k posts. Clever chap that one!

Archived