Halifax match

Seaton Sandy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close defeat in our best away effort of season, 28-22,

I'm going to spread some positivity , a friend of mine tells me he spoke to a local player and asked him about the supposed cliques in the dressing room, he said it was rubbish ,all the Aussies and travelers are good lads , the team get on fine. So that rules out team disharmony so only phils tactics left to blame.

I fail to see how any side including Latu could be described as "full strength". He hasn't played since Adam was a lad and if we are looking to him to do a "Roy of the Rovers" act and rescue us from the trap-door I won't be holding my breath. As for Tee-if it's true that we have farmed him out then that is final proof that the people who run this club have lost the plot ----if they ever had one !

Couple of weeks away yet

again  !!!!!!!!!!

Back in the day it was often stated that Haven were beat in their away games by the time the team coach went past the Pelican Garage. I believe Town are starting to suffer from the same negative psychology, not helped by defeatist attitudes from the faithfull --my self included--.Halifax are mid-table having lost 5 of their 11 fixtures,but we seem to be assuming that we are going there to keep the deficit below 40 points. The Rams ran full-time Sheffield close tonight and only capitulated late on. We need to re-discover some attitude ,and self belief -we have players who seem to be operating around 60% of their potential ,they need to step up to the mark and let Fax know that we aren't just going to the Shay to roll over. 

Would have him back here in a heartbeat. Andy Bracek has signed for Swinton on loan.

yes and they will continue to do this rather than travel up to cumbria due to our location and with our incredibly small budget in this league it is inevitable we will go down along with our neighbours.

yes and they will continue to do this rather than travel up to cumbria due to our location and with our incredibly small budget in this league it is inevitable we will go down along with our neighbours.

not sure bout Haven  but were nailed on certainties

not sure bout Haven but were nailed on certainties

they may stay up but the writings on the wall for them too eventually. It's just a matter of time.they have had only 16 fit players this season for a game and scraped past Swinton and Oldham at home

Yes - Halifax can't be great as they lost to Swinton 2 weeks ago ... But I'd be happy with anything less than 40 points ..

Four wins in a row for Swinton including the Halifax one two weeks ago and away at Batley last week

It appears that every team we beat isn't very good

However I fear I've now jinxed us for tomorrow against your mates down the road.

A potential banana skin.

Is that how far this once great club has fallen - damage limitation every weekend?

Pretty much everyone is saying if we keep them under 40 points we will have done ok.

Well not for me folks, anything less than a win will be unacceptable. We should be able to more than compete with Halifax and most of the other clubs in this league. 

I'm sorry if this offends the glass half empty brigade, but for the bulk of games I've watched this season we look an unfit, unorganised rabble. There have been exceptions, but in the main we don't look focused or prepared when taking the field.

Now call me old fashioned, but I thought it was the job of the coaching staff to organise and motivate the team. Yes we have had bad luck with injuries which has effected training, but facts are facts, someone has to take responsibility and it will take one almighty display from the team in the next 6 games to show me that Vevers and his coaching team are the right people to take this club forward.

I stand by my comments that a change should have been made 3 games ago to give us a fighting chance of staying up.

If it is another 40+ defeat tomorrow then a change must surely be made to give any new coaching team the opportunity to reorganise for the second half of the season. 

If we are going down then I want to see some fight and a willingness to perform.

Good players don't become bad players overnight, and there is a lack of confidence in the camp which sees players going for 'safe moves' rather than trying things 'off the cuff'.

If anything our best performance this season was an 'off the cuff' game when with players filling in anywhere they could we gave Leigh an almighty scare.

Time to remove the shackles Phil and let the players take the lead 

Is that how far this once great club has fallen - damage limitation every weekend?

Pretty much everyone is saying if we keep them under 40 points we will have done ok.

Well not for me folks, anything less than a win will be unacceptable. We should be able to more than compete with Halifax and most of the other clubs in this league.

I'm sorry if this offends the glass half empty brigade, but for the bulk of games I've watched this season we look an unfit, unorganised rabble. There have been exceptions, but in the main we don't look focused or prepared when taking the field.

Now call me old fashioned, but I thought it was the job of the coaching staff to organise and motivate the team. Yes we have had bad luck with injuries which has effected training, but facts are facts, someone has to take responsibility and it will take one almighty display from the team in the next 6 games to show me that Vevers and his coaching team are the right people to take this club forward.

I stand by my comments that a change should have been made 3 games ago to give us a fighting chance of staying up.

If it is another 40+ defeat tomorrow then a change must surely be made to give any new coaching team the opportunity to reorganise for the second half of the season.

If we are going down then I want to see some fight and a willingness to perform.

Good players don't become bad players overnight, and there is a lack of confidence in the camp which sees players going for 'safe moves' rather than trying things 'off the cuff'.

If anything our best performance this season was an 'off the cuff' game when with players filling in anywhere they could we gave Leigh an almighty scare.

Time to remove the shackles Phil and let the players take the lead

some very good points there but if we haven't got any money for players then we certainly won't have any to bring in a new coach and pay the current one off

Archived