NRL Round 14 Match Threads - Here thar be spoilers!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it for today. One game a day this round a bit poor. :-)

Poor? It's unacceptable. Scrap Origin, expand NRL to 20 teams and play 2 NRL games every day of the year, I reckon.

Totally shocked and very glad that's over.

Souths were poor defensively and very one dimensional in attack,they are a million miles away from the team that started the season so well.

Funny thing is last week against NZ they looked better to me than what they did at the start of the year then last night about as pathetic as I'v seen them in years.. Kapow is some player I think Wests will be doing well to hang onto him.

NZ WARRIORS  v SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Team 6 v 8. The Chooks could advance to 5th with a win and the NZers could move to 7th. With the Chooks losing players to Origin - Pearce, Jennings, Guerra and Cordner - this gives the Warriors a big chance and an opportunity to fix their points difference, currently -27. There are only 2 competition points separating 6th from 13th and points difference could be vital, given the Warriors inconsistency.

The NSW Cup between Warriors and Wyong Roos has started and there's an interesting variation in the schedule. The day started with NYC, then NSW Cup as the warm up act for NRL. It's usually NYC as the 2nd-ranked game. In recent years some critics have been less than glowing about the NYC. It's a great recruitment tool for the game. Clubs can see all the young talent coming through and high school kids can see people they know personally getting on TV playing RL.

The problem with the NYC is that the conversion rate for NYC --> NRL players isn't great. Since the NYC started 8 years ago, only the Storm have won a NYC GF then gone on to win a NRL GF within 5 years. The other NYC winners have been Canberra, Brisbane, Wests, Penrith and NZ Warriors 3 times.

Of the 17 Raiders players who won the 2008 NYC GF, 7 have never played NRL and another 4 have fewer than 20 games between them. Given that the Raiders have trouble recruiting from outside the district, they certainly would have used any of these players that were good enough for first grade.

Funny thing is last week against NZ they looked better to me than what they did at the start of the year then last night about as pathetic as I'v seen them in years.. Kapow is some player I think Wests will be doing well to hang onto him.

We should be able to keep him. We must be comfortably under the cap this year and we aren't paying players at other clubs anymore. I think we've finished paying off Sheens.

I keep a pre-paid dongle around the house so if anything happens to the Webzes, I can just whack $10 on it and keep surfing all the Lolcat sites.

To be fair I'm on mobile data on phone. No try.

I had a lot of telecom/WWW problems at the beginning of the year and had to use wireless/mobile on my home PC. It's horrendously $$$$

Archived