Tom Lineham may be set to line up for...

....Rochdale this weekend.

Dropped by Wire due to dip in form.

Whatever that transfer fee was, it looks a bit steeper now.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

....Rochdale this weekend.

Dropped by Wire due to dip in form.

Whatever that transfer fee was, it looks a bit steeper now.

Not seen much of him in a Wire shirt tbh, but I've seen a few mutterings from their fans about him. Suddenly its looking like good business from us to sell him; especially with Naughton coming on leaps and bounds.

Tom is a superb athlete, but you get the feeling his attitude has never been quite right.

Every time i see him i think he's carrying too much weight, which could be linked to attitude. A leaner Tom Lineham would be much more effective i think.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

He played in the Wire Reserves hammering last Saturday against Saints. I've spoken to a few who went to the game and they said he was pretty non-existent and for the most part was outplayed by the Saints teenager opposite him. Its just going bad to worse for him if he's now been dropped from the Reserves as well to go to Rochdale. 

Its not just the transfer fee Wire paid for him, its also the fact he's on a big wage. Cunningham said that Saints spoke with his agent before he signed for Wire but walked away when they found out how much he'd been offered by them.

Good bit of business from Hull

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

He played in the Wire Reserves hammering last Saturday against Saints. I've spoken to a few who went to the game and they said he was pretty non-existent and for the most part was outplayed by the Saints teenager opposite him. Its just going bad to worse for him if he's now been dropped from the Reserves as well to go to Rochdale. 

Its not just the transfer fee Wire paid for him, its also the fact he's on a big wage. Cunningham said that Saints spoke with his agent before he signed for Wire but walked away when they found out how much he'd been offered by them.

Good bit of business from Hull

What is he being paid?

What is he being paid?

No idea, as far as I know the actual amount wasn't made public. All Cunningham said at the time was that Warrington has offered him silly money, way above what Saints thought he was worth.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

If he is as bad as people say.

Why the hell would Rochdale want him.

He'll probably be better than what's in front of him as a Rochdale player. Alan Killshaw, the Rochdale coach, is quite well in with Tony Smith (Alan used to work for Smith at Warrington) - I doubt Smith would land him with a complete dud. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Not seen much of him in a Wire shirt tbh, but I've seen a few mutterings from their fans about him. Suddenly its looking like good business from us to sell him; especially with Naughton coming on leaps and bounds.

Tom is a superb athlete, but you get the feeling his attitude has never been quite right.

I'm sure he'll probably end up at wakefield in a year or two.

I'm sure he'll probably end up at wakefield in a year or two.

That does seem to be the career path of choice for young players who don't quite cut it at Hull. Naughton looks a proper player though, he showed promise last year and has really built on it. Contracted to end of 2018 too I believe.

He'll be fine. His form has been very good for most of the season but he has gone off the boil. It would suggest Smith may not be happy with his effort in response to poor form to drop him not long after sending our reserve winger out on loan.

He'll be fine. His form has been very good for most of the season but he has gone off the boil. It would suggest Smith may not be happy with his effort in response to poor form to drop him not long after sending our reserve winger out on loan.

Good news. Always seems to score against us.

You're paranoid.

He only got one hat trick in each game against you last year.

He'll probably be better than what's in front of him as a Rochdale player. Alan Killshaw, the Rochdale coach, is quite well in with Tony Smith (Alan used to work for Smith at Warrington) - I doubt Smith would land him with a complete dud. 

I'd take Chris Riley, Dale Bloomfield and Corey Lee over this lard-@rsed shirker any day - at least their hearts are in it for our cause.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

He was very poor against Saints the other week. He is scoring plenty of tries but he doesn't run his weight and he doesn't seem to think about the game as much as you would like from a SL player. For example, in that Saints game he scored with 80 seconds left to get us back within a score, but instead of running the ball back or giving it to the kicker, he chucked it into the crowd and started celebrating.

He is a big lad and he can finish well. But he needs to be a bit more agile and work on how he uses his frame effectively. Penny has been on a similar arc and is a much-improved player for it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

He was very poor against Saints the other week. He is scoring plenty of tries but he doesn't run his weight and he doesn't seem to think about the game as much as you would like from a SL player. For example, in that Saints game he scored with 80 seconds left to get us back within a score, but instead of running the ball back or giving it to the kicker, he chucked it into the crowd and started celebrating.

He is a big lad and he can finish well. But he needs to be a bit more agile and work on how he uses his frame effectively. Penny has been on a similar arc and is a much-improved player for it.

Agree with much of that, but I do think he was running the ball very well until the last couple of weeks, so not sure if there is an issue there or an injury.

In the Widnes game, I thought our back three won the game for us with their work-rate, but their drop in form has led to the team overall dropping in form. 

A kick up the backside is not a bad thing though, and if he responds positively then he will be better for it, if not then he isn't right for us.

Top finisher but I did say when he signed for Warrington that he did have flaws in his game, his defensive is not the best and can be a nightmare for his center, which Hull did take full advantage of in our home win against the Wire. All in all it was a very good bit of business for us a cash sum and Curtis Naughton has been superb for us on the wing.

Lot of rumour on Hull board saying he was out until 5.30 morning of the saints game![/quote

If true Smith won't mess about with him, if he'd drop briers for attitude and performance he will do it to lineham.

I think he's been very poor for us all year! Very lazy, and only looks interested when he's handed a walk in try.

He is very immobile and looks too much like an oil tanker to be a winger!

I tipped him to be SL top scorer when we signed him. He's just too lazy. It looks a struggle when he even jogs!

He's was out on the pop with non other than Ryan Bailey. So someone needs to go!! I mention no names!!

I think he's been very poor for us all year! Very lazy, and only looks interested when he's handed a walk in try.

He is very immobile and looks too much like an oil tanker to be a winger!

Did you watch the two fixtures between Hull and Widnes on Sky last year?

The bloke that scored six tries in those games doesn't fit your description.

I wonder what's gone on if you're right.

Archived