Batley Game

andyram

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure after the Fev game it will be that close , I'd expect a reaction but with the season gone as it as done maybe not. I'll go Rams 18 - Batley 40.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Shouldn't we get a bye this year?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Shouldn't we get a bye this year?

Yes.........

Bye Bye :bye:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

In my opinion Dewsbury weren't as poor as some of your fans made out as I tried to point out on another post They did defend very well. Results like that can happen to any side.Fev and Batley looked pretty even for most of the match in the recent cup tie till the Bulldogs unleashed a blistering seven minute spell. The championship is very evenly balanced and shock score lines and results are being thrown up on a weekly basis.

In my opinion Dewsbury weren't as poor as some of your fans made out as I tried to point out on another post They did defend very well. Results like that can happen to any side.Fev and Batley looked pretty even for most of the match in the recent cup tie till the Bulldogs unleashed a blistering seven minute spell. The championship is very evenly balanced and shock score lines and results are being thrown up on a weekly basis.

Fair comment Phil but our attacking options this season are very poor and predictable. We need three clear chances to score one try - not nearly good enough in this league. Our defence is good for 80% of the game then we let in a couple of tries - catch up rugby, hey ho, here we go again!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't know what you think to Trout and why you're so happy about him making the squad cos when we had him a couple of seasons ago he barely ever showed that he was on the pitch. He's clearly lost his opportunity at Trinity and has been touted around without staying anywhere long. Maybe it's just the body you need due to injuries. Regardless of your doom and gloom I don't see this being the massacre you're prophecising; I think it'll be in the melting pot upto 60/65 minutes then I think we'll put in our famous last 15 minutes - 24-16 Dogs but good luck, you're better than results and position show.

Don't know what you think to Trout and why you're so happy about him making the squad cos when we had him a couple of seasons ago he barely ever showed that he was on the pitch. He's clearly lost his opportunity at Trinity and has been touted around without staying anywhere long. Maybe it's just the body you need due to injuries. Regardless of your doom and gloom I don't see this being the massacre you're prophecising; I think it'll be in the melting pot upto 60/65 minutes then I think we'll put in our famous last 15 minutes - 24-16 Dogs but good luck, you're better than results and position show.

My mention of Trout was because he got injured on Sunday early in the game and didn't return,so was surprised to see him name in the 19.

We really can't afford to pick up any more injuries.Hale also was injured Sunday and hasn't made the squad.

Trout is quick for a forward, but not big enough or aggressive enough on attack and defensively poor. Only GM knows why he gets in ahead of Muranka.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Trout is quick for a forward, but not big enough or aggressive enough on attack and defensively poor. Only GM knows why he gets in ahead of Muranka.

Yes, Muranka has impressed me when he has got the chance recently. Trout is OK but hasn't broken any pots - another forward who simply isn't big enough in my view.

The way we are playing at the moment I can't see from where the next victory will come. There's no creativity in the attack and the defence seems to be okay for only about sixty minutes.

Dewsbury 10-30 Batley

FTS: Grady

MoM: Brown

Att: 8404 (by the final matches).

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Morton back in the good books at 2 today,Farrell playing at 9,with Grady back in the the second row with Spicer, L Adamson at 13.

Would be nice to have a settled side sometime this season.

At least the sun is out and the cider is cold #UTR

Discipline has been our problem all season (and last too, if truth be told). Does the coach have any input into this factor of our game or is it completely out of his hands?

(I see Swinton won as well - that's nice!)

Discipline has been our problem all season (and last too, if truth be told). Does the coach have any input into this factor of our game or is it completely out of his hands?

Tbh ,was a poor game from both sides. Too many mistakes,penalties etc. IMHO Farrell plays really to the edge, so penalties are easier to give. Reckon he'll be in bother with the knee flop in last tackle,also Groat for creating it. Frustration me thinks.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Tbh ,was a poor game from both sides. Too many mistakes,penalties etc. IMHO Farrell plays really to the edge, so penalties are easier to give. Reckon he'll be in bother with the knee flop in last tackle,also Groat for creating it. Frustration me thinks.

Farrell is the most committed player we have, I wish we had a team full of his quality. What probably caused frustration is the dropped balls from good passes most of which were from  Farrell. Perhaps our players should avoid buttering Tcakes before a game !!!

On the good side we weren't rolled over, may be not the prettiest game but they did ok. Keep supporting them.

Farrell is the most committed player we have, I wish we had a team full of his quality. What probably caused frustration is the dropped balls from good passes most of which were from  Farrell. Perhaps our players should avoid buttering Tcakes before a game !!!

On the good side we weren't rolled over, may be not the prettiest game but they did ok. Keep supporting them.

Colin supports t'other lot Wellie.

We're in serious trouble after this weekend. The Dewsbury penalty machine rolls on. We never learn. Crookes, Adamson just won't clear the ruck and Sykes will not stop giving the ref a hard time. Had we have cut the penalties out today we would have won the game. 8 games left and we can write off Bradford, Leigh, Batley away and Fax and London at home. That leaves Worky away and Oldham, Swinton at home. Are you confident of winning those three. Not just you BSJ, the Dewsbury faithful? Only 3 teams below us. Worky probably doomed but Haven and Oldham are capable on the day. We scored two great tries today (Grant/Sykes) but the other two had a big slice of luck. Very disappointing! 

Colin supports t'other lot Wellie.

Didn't know that BSJ. I bet he would rather have Faz running with him than against him ! Week in week out his work rate stands out, if there is a tackle going on you can bet your bottom dollar there's Faz's boots sticking out of it somewhere. However it's not a one man team and to be fair we have some quite good lads, all we need is the run of the green. Hard luck today lads. I don't think Sykes and Crookes had their best games today but has Crookes improved from last year, you bet he has. Sometimes things just don't go your way that's how it is in life never mind sport.

Didn't know that BSJ. I bet he would rather have Faz running with him than against him ! Week in week out his work rate stands out, if there is a tackle going on you can bet your bottom dollar there's Faz's boots sticking out of it somewhere. However it's not a one man team and to be fair we have some quite good lads, all we need is the run of the green. Hard luck today lads. I don't think Sykes and Crookes had their best games today but has Crookes improved from last year, you bet he has. Sometimes things just don't go your way that's how it is in life never mind sport.

Yes, you're spot on Wellie. If Faz was a Batley player then you could be sure that he could do no wrong. He just needs a good coach to get on his case and he would be a top Championship player, as long as he was prepared to listen, that is.

Archived