Batley next week

Batley comprehensively outplayed Barrow today in every department. Forced to defend for almost the entire second half up the slope, on the back of a 7-1 penalty count in Barrow's favour, the did it manfully, and also scored two breakaway tries. Perhaps Barrow aren't all they're cracked up to be. But Batley can only beat what's put in front of them. If they play against Widnes like they did today, I wouldn't like to forecast the outcome.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Halifax got a good win today beating Whitehaven 66-16 which moves them up in the table.

Barrow vs Halifax a week on Thursday is massive as to who will finish second IMHO.

Haven are in a mess and included a 16 year old on the wing. Fax beating Haven by 66-16 does not mean Fax are going well. We have a useless coach.Cant see Fax doing much up at Barrow.

Anyway full marks to Batley. They have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship yet are consistantly a thorn in many sides especially at home. Great to see them in a Final and honestly hope they win as the fans deserve something. Keep up the good work Batley and shows you do not always need money to have success- (maybe Des at Barrow will realize that now)

Keep up the good work Batley and shows you do not always need money to have success- (maybe Des at Barrow will realize that now)

Money bags Des took his team and stomped out of the ground, shunning the post match speech, presentation and meal!

:D

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Batley were excellent today. They played some great rugby. Barrow's defence was poor, conceding 3 short range tries. Best team won on the day.

Well done and good luck next week

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Where was Jamie Rooney? According to some Barrow fans I spoke to he should have played.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Anyone know what ticket sales are like for next week? I've got mine and notice on the ticket website that it looks like 3-4 blocks have sold out. Don't even know what it holds!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Sheffield seem to be finally finding their form - a couple of personnel changes but a very solid performance at Batley last week (despite being down to 12 men, a decision overturned on DVD review) and a win at a very warm Toulouse last night.

That should be Featherstone for the Minor Prems, if it wasn't already.

Unlucky for Dewsbury today, but Whitehaven look doomed and Keighley have to do something special to escape. Batley play all 3 I think before the season ends. The Dewsbury game in particular should be a cracker.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Anyone know what ticket sales are like for next week? I've got mine and notice on the ticket website that it looks like 3-4 blocks have sold out. Don't even know what it holds!

A few days ago I heard that Widnes had sold 4,300 and Batley round the 1,200 mark you can then add the RFL sales to non Widnes fans.

Edited by RS

Haven are in a mess and included a 16 year old on the wing. Fax beating Haven by 66-16 does not mean Fax are going well. We have a useless coach.Cant see Fax doing much up at Barrow.

Well, if you went to the game today, you would have seen tries that were outstanding, regardless of the opposition. Barrow away will be tough, but its winnable.

Fax cant defend and if it was a decent team would have struggled today. Calland is not a coach for the Championship. Fax have had problems in defence for 3 years and Calland simply has no idea how to sort the problem.

How do you know? Were you there?

William Hills are offering 9/4 aagainst a Batley win. Should be tempting for a few I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If we play like we did for long parts yesterday, Batley might spring an upset.

But we're not the ( former ) Cup Kings for nowt ;)

Really dont know why you think a Batley win would be an upset, Widnes are gash and on recent performances are proving it, Batley will beat you no problem.

well we will have to see,batley deserve to be in the final on merit and good luck to them.going off recent form then a bet on batley is a good bet,widnes will have upto 6000 fans there on sunday and this alone will lift our great club.i think batley will may take us for granted at there peril,just like whitehaven and barrow in previous finals.may the best team on the day win,and hope all batley fans enjoy the carnival atmosphere because we the widnes vikings fans will do our best to shout our lads on to victory.anyway lets just wait and see, anything can happen in a one off match.see you in blackpool bulldogs fans have a great day you deserve it and so do widnes vikings B)

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

Really dont know why you think a Batley win would be an upset, Widnes are gash and on recent performances are proving it, Batley will beat you no problem.

Including a 35-16 defeat to Batley at home recently!

I think it'll be closer than that, we tend to rise for finals but I think that Batley should be favourites. Gonna be a cracker.

Widnes have sold 4300 which is quite a way up on last year, which itself is a surprise seeing as though the prestige linked to the game is much less.