Raiders v bears

mjc

Not very well at all mjc.poor game in all aspects. Only really Lupton who you could say played very well .

Totally poor no flowing movements what so ever, dolan received the ball may be six seven times and dropped it at least four times , if what Mr crarey says these players are playing for future contracts we won't have a team next year .

We missed Liam Campbell so much with his creativity and guile.

We play like that against Oldham and it will be a massive cricket score against the raiders

Yes Dolan tried to play fullback but unfortunately dropped the ball twice on receiving the ball from kick off .

Tackling was poor in first half ,Jack Morrison played well for the opposition but has put on a lot of weight, second half was a bit better , but there seems to be a lack of drive from most of the team

Pretty good description by jcd, summed up the game really well. Whatever Cresta says at half-time or he puts in the tea makes a bit of a difference and we play a little better in the second 40mins, emphasis on the little, or it may be we are a bit fitter than the opposition, obviously the canteen at the Bears offers sizeable portions.

We can't keep accepting a win is a win, something isn't quite right presently there is a lack of fire in the bellies of a number of the lads, not all some perform above and beyond every game but we cannot keep relying on the few we need a team effort for the full 80mins, not just in fits and starts.

Is it me or is the standard of the officials poor in our league, I thought yet again the ref last night helped to spoil the game especially being too lenient with Coventry slowing down the play of the ball.  It also looked like the Bears have taken advice from an Italian footballer with the huge number of feigned injuries, usually when they were under the cosh, the ref needed to do something but chose the easy option leading to far too many stoppages making a slow game even slower.

I thought yet again the ref last night helped to spoil the game especially being too lenient with Coventry slowing down the play of the ball.  It also looked like the Bears have taken advice from an Italian footballer with the huge number of feigned injuries, usually when they were under the cosh, the ref needed to do something but chose the easy option leading to far too many stoppages making a slow game even slower.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above statement - I have never seen a team waste so much time in a game! Just what are they geting coached it looks like "feigning injuries and time wasting" comes with first rugby league a long way back! I don't think I have ever been so bored at a rugby league game! They should have been penalised - how many had to go off through injury? Hardly, if, any I think! The referees need to penalise these tactics!

I couldn't understand why the ref stopped the game so often when Coventry players were "injured" .

They were often nowhere near the play and clearly not badly hurt so why not play on?

If he had done, I'm sure there would have been some instant miraculous recoveries.

The only 2 Barrow players that really looked as though they were trying for the whole time they were on the pitch were Bullock (as usual) and Nicholson. There seemed to be a general lack of enthusiasm from the rest of the team for large spells of the game. I agree that Lupton looked good, but unfortunately only for about 20 minutes out of the 80.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

ive tried to defend the injury hit squad to the hilt over the last few weeks but last night we were on the whole awful .... some serious thinking to be done im afraid!!!!

Looks like we will be finishing 6th unless a MASSIVE improvement occurs.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

ive tried to defend the injury hit squad to the hilt over the last few weeks but last night we were on the whole awful .... some serious thinking to be done im afraid!!!!

Looks like we will be finishing 6th unless a MASSIVE improvement occurs.

It's looked to me for a while that the squad assembled is for the intentions of finishing mid table and definitely not going up which may be a good thing going forward for the club but pretty awful to watch and £15 a pop to watch that shower of s#### is definitely not good value for money.

luckily I have had the NWEM £7.50 tickets for the last few home games so good value at that price but £15 ..... errrr no

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Archived