Is it worth going...

andyram

to Sheffield when we play them again.Thankfully I missed the last away game on the Friday evening due to work.

The negatives against would be the expensive admission on paying on the day,the state of the ground/university,heard people saying its like a park with some seats

Positives is,its on a Sunday,get a early bird ticket to save money,new ground to kick off the list.

What's other fans experience of going there?

to Sheffield when we play them again.Thankfully I missed the last away game on the Friday evening due to work.

The negatives against would be the expensive admission on paying on the day,the state of the ground/university,heard people saying its like a park with some seats

Positives is,its on a Sunday,get a early bird ticket to save money,new ground to kick off the list.

What's other fans experience of going there?

After going earlier on this season I vowed never to go to Sheffield again,£20 to stand at side of pitch then we threw a 28-8 lead away conceding a last minute try. But that said I'll be gutted if we won & I wasn't there to witness it,ay well I've got another 11 day's to decide.

Not been to Sheffield since the Don valley days

In fact think ours was the last game there.

It gave me a real insight into what it must be like to watch a rugby game on the moon

No people and no atmosphere

The dog track debacle only added to the "Sheffield rubbish matchday experience "

And had its place in the 1980's when they got going..but not in the modern day era.

Sheffield have bent the rules regarding standards of grounds and what's acceptable for paying customers.

Not been to the new ground out of protest as the reports I've heard it's not fit for championship 1 or the conference

Yes our team is playing there and needs our support.. But

As paying customers you except a degree of your getting the service your paying for.

Boycott at all costs

And donate your hard earned cash to squadbuilder or the amber ribbon.

Far better worthy causes :)

I went to Sheffield on a damp Friday night and sat at the far end behind the sticks in a small seated stand with little legroom. It was hard to see the far end of the ground because the floodlights were poor and the drizzle didn't help. Sounds bad but.....

We won and that made it worthwhile, I've watched us get beat by the Eagles for many years at Don valley and Sheffield Utd and the cesspit with the dog track but beating them at a place no better than Shawcross fields made it worthwhile as any victory does! And it is a supporters lot to go to these places (and complain)!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived