What is going down at Leigh

Batley Bob

Thats an old story Bob which for some reason has popped up again, however its in no way unusual for lots of players to have release clauses in their contracts

I think the original story is a few weeks old but it seems to have reared its' head again tonight! Maybe Sky creating a bit of publicity for the game!

think you battered them into submission 1st game

Ha ha this is there injury list as someones posted on there forum , you might be right

Gregg McNally - Knee - 6 months, maybe the season

Liam Kay - Knee? - Unsure how long

Tom Armstrong - Broken Hand - About 4 weeks (ish) away 

Willie Tonga - Groin? - About 4 weeks away

Mathias Pala - always injured - let go

Martyn Ridyard - Ribs - Not sure how long

Rangi Chase - Flu?/Hip? - No idea

Bob Beswick - Achilles - No idea

Andrew Dixon - Shoulder - 4 weeks ish I think

Sam Barlow - Pending court case - No idea

Plus Higham and Higson looked like walking wounded at times on Sunday. Higham is playing through an injury and I believe Worthington is playing with pain killing injections due to lack of alternatives.

And now apparently Ryan Brierley is leaving too.

What a mess

IMG_0583.JPG

chief exec has retired early (Alan Rowley) according to the Leigh web site

Was good to see Leigh's players all lol'ing and having a good time with their ex coach on Sky Sports tonight. Can't see that not getting right up Beaumonts nose.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Most full time RL players have clauses in their contracts, like any job you are entitled to give notice to quit.

Theres something far bigger brewing under the surface at Leigh than meets the eye though IMO.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

My heart bleeds.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

As per usual in these situations, the genuine Leigh fans (and there are those who I spoke to who were extremely gracious after the first game) are the ones who will suffer.

Egotistical morons like Beaumont and various other factions play with these clubs and care not a jot for the feelings of fans who will ultimately continue to be the lifeblood of the club.

I have no intimate knowledge of what is going on at Leigh, and am completely indifferent to it to be honest, but I know one thing.

The fans always end up picking up the pieces.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

As predicted by your goodself a long time ago BTJ, harris over boobies.

Never mind let them get on with it, nowt to do with us, we got what we wanted, "A win against them".

Cheers Roger.

The situation at leigh reminds me of what went on at my club a couple of year ago IE fev we were winning the league on the trot good settled team then a bloke called nafahodo came along with his socalled money wanted detination super league wanted to sign ferris brown crabtree from hudd promised us the world but all it did was upset a settled team upset the board with his plans that were never going to happen in a month of sundays ?? We at fev the fans that is would rather be playing at a standard we are used to we are not a SL team never will be in my opion but the bloke came in saw something that we fans did'nt and went for it but backfired leaveing us to start all over again but thats what i like no big names just lads who want to play for the shirt and club not the money

The situation at leigh reminds me of what went on at my club a couple of year ago IE fev we were winning the league on the trot good settled team then a bloke called nafahodo came along with his socalled money wanted detination super league wanted to sign ferris brown crabtree from hudd promised us the world but all it did was upset a settled team upset the board with his plans that were never going to happen in a month of sundays ?? We at fev the fans that is would rather be playing at a standard we are used to we are not a SL team never will be in my opion but the bloke came in saw something that we fans did'nt and went for it but backfired leaveing us to start all over again but thats what i like no big names just lads who want to play for the shirt and club not the money

well put it is pretty simular to what happened at Fev. Daryll Powell built a good honest hard working team and we dominated the league for 4 years. We lost a few big games split the team up went for the money men and gone backwards since. Think Jon Sharpe has put a lot of the qualitys back this season we had under powell good honest players. Think Batley have simular quality this season not really big names but good honest hardworking players.as a paying fan it's a lot more satisfying watching a team that gives 100% every week, than watching a team of big names that put a show on every now and then. It's pretty unlikely that we will see any championship clubs get promoted to sl with the new system, but we will all still support our clubs still and I am pretty happy paying to watch a team that gives 100% every week, no matter the result

well put it is pretty simular to what happened at Fev. Daryll Powell built a good honest hard working team and we dominated the league for 4 years. We lost a few big games split the team up went for the money men and gone backwards since. Think Jon Sharpe has put a lot of the qualitys back this season we had under powell good honest players. Think Batley have simular quality this season not really big names but good honest hardworking players.as a paying fan it's a lot more satisfying watching a team that gives 100% every week, than watching a team of big names that put a show on every now and then. It's pretty unlikely that we will see any championship clubs get promoted to sl with the new system, but we will all still support our clubs still and I am pretty happy paying to watch a team that gives 100% every week, no matter the result

I quote David Ward whilst coach at Batley." A team of hardworking,honest players that play for the TEAM,will always beat a team of names". True. Agree totally fev4evatiggerneva. Well said.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived