29 Jul: CCSF: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

Discuss the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup semi final here.

FRIDAY 29th JULY

Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (BBC)

at the Keepmoat Stadium

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan odds on favourites and rightly so with their big match experience, in spite of what you may read elsewhere on this forum.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/rugby-league/challenge-cup

Think it'll be a reasonably close affair with the bounce of the ball giving one team the edge enough to sneak it.

If Hull get it together then I fancy them by a couple of scores but if they underperform then Wigan by a similar margin.

Hull 28 Wigan 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull's best beats Wigan's best. If we respect possession, kick well and defend well, eventually we will prove to have too much power, and as resilient as Wigan are they will crack eventually.

The concern is that the occasion gets to us. But there should be enough old heads to settle us down.

Hull by 6

Wigan odds on favourites and rightly so with their big match experience, in spite of what you may read elsewhere on this forum.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/rugby-league/challenge-cup

Think it'll be a reasonably close affair with the bounce of the ball giving one team the edge enough to sneak it.

If Hull get it together then I fancy them by a couple of scores but if they underperform then Wigan by a similar margin.

Hull 28 Wigan 20.

Sat on the fence again? Oh yea of little faith.

I don't think last weeks result at Saints did Wigan any good at all. They got we'll beat defensively and despite a good effort ended up on the wrong side.

Hull won. Not pretty, but finishing top after 23 will have put a spring in their step. I can see them winning well.

Hard to call...could go either way. Hulls kicker...and kicking game is far better than Wigan's. Better in the halves, too, but Wigan have greater physical and mental strength. Plus Wigan will have thre ref, the touch judges, the video ref and the disciplinary panel on their side. To counter that, Hull will be carrying the prayers of Kingston Rovers and fans of other clubs with them.

To counter that, Hull will be carrying the prayers of Kingston Rovers and fans of other clubs with them.

:blink:

I rather think the prayers of Rovers' fans will be a little different to those of the other clubs mate.

Hard to call...could go either way. Hulls kicker...and kicking game is far better than Wigan's. Better in the halves, too, but Wigan have greater physical and mental strength. Plus Wigan will have thre ref, the touch judges, the video ref and the disciplinary panel on their side. To counter that, Hull will be carrying the prayers of Kingston Rovers and fans of other clubs with them.

Yep, the fans of other clubs wishes will be help to see Hull through.

Good to know their behind the team as well.

Hull Squad: 1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Mahe Fonua, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 5. Fetuli Talanoa, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 9. Danny Houghton, 10. Liam Watts, 11. Gareth Ellis, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Jordan Abdull, 15. Chris Green, 16. Jordan Thompson, 19. Stevie Michaels, 21. Sika Manu, 22. Josh Bowden, 23. Frank Pritchard, 24. Kirk Yeaman, 30. Danny Washbrook.

Wigan Squad:  1. Sam Tomkins, 4. Dan Sarginson, 5. Dominic Manfredi, 6. George Williams, 7. Matty Smith, 8. Dominic Crosby, 10. Ben Flower, 13. Sean O’Loughlin, 14. John Bateman, 16. Sam Powell, 17. Lee Mossop, 19. Taulima Tautai, 20. Oliver Gildart, 21. Ryan Sutton, 22. Lewis Tierney, 25. Willie Isa, 28. Jake Shorrocks, 29. Joe Bretherton, 33. Kyle Shelford,

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Really looking forward to this game and would've loved this to be the final on a big Wembley pitch.

Both got outstanding players from 1 - 13 big packs and fast outside backs.

I think Hull can do Wigan, I say that because of FC kicking game.

FC 24 Wigan 20

Best wishes to the ref as I'm sure there's going to be a bashing on here

Best wishes to both sets of fans - Especially Rob & Roy (see you in London)

:blink:

I rather think the prayers of Rovers' fans will be a little different to those of the other clubs mate.

Understood..but which is the greater evil? Stevereed100 wanting Hull Fc to lose, or him wanting Wigan to lose?

Still too close for me to call.

Really looking forward to this game and would've loved this to be the final on a big Wembley pitch.

I'd have liked it at Wembley too - we'd have a much better chance of winning. ;) 

I just think Wigan have looked short of ideas recently, and Hull FC have looked more imaginative and creative. But it is a Cup tie, so who knows?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Think it will be a tight game and think/hope Wigan win.

Boo!

Hull 28 Wigan 20.

Sat on the fence again? Oh yea of little faith.

Eh?  :huh:

Understood..but which is the greater evil? Stevereed100 wanting Hull Fc to lose, or him wanting Wigan to lose?

Still too close for me to call.

Steve Reed is the greater evil.

If Wigan fans fail to turn up in big enough numbers to match the Trawler boys/ deckie learners they get what they deserve.

I'd have liked it at Wembley too - we'd have a much better chance of winning. ;)

Ouch!

Jeez, you never let it rest do you.  :(

Best wishes to both sets of fans - Especially Rob & Roy (see you in London)

I think Roy's going regardless so you'll no doubt hear him even if you don't see him.

It's also a very big game for two positions in particular and could give Mr Bennett food for thought for what is to come at the end of the season, given this game is more important than a league game for what is at stake the performances of the N°1's and N°7's could be critical.

Shaul is the young pretender who is not far from taking the crown, Tomkins is not the same model that left for the RFL he is not as precise in his linking in the line and his distribution as he was. I expect both to be challenged with the high bomb and the game could rest on who deals best with it.

My opinion is Sneyd is by far the more influential player for his team than Smith is for Wigan, Sneyd for me runs the ball better, distributes better and has a better kicking game, but will the occasion get to him, Smith is far more experienced in big games and it may tell in the end.

Obviously, there are another 30 player's who will have a big say in the outcome of this game, and I am tremendously looking forward to watching it, and in particular the comparison's I have already mentioned.

Hull by 8.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Steve Reed is the greater evil.

If Wigan fans fail to turn up in big enough numbers to match the Trawler boys/ deckie learners they get what they deserve.

Steve earlier today, being the greater evil.    :)  :)  :)

mH8waw-1sDC7UihXh-syQww.jpg

Archived