Chris Ashton to Wigan?

BBR

I hope not!

So do I. He wasn't good enough for the Wigan first team when he signed for Union, he won't have got any better!  TBH I reckon Charnley is past his best,

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

He's been waiting for Richard Moore to retire.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

If he wasn't good enough for Wigan's first team when he left, how can he be good enough now?  Union spoils RL players. Players as they get older lose a little pace but make up for it with knowledge of how the game is played.  When Ashton should have been learning how to be a RL player he was playing a different game.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Would be great to see him back in the game. Was a tragedy to see him leave for the other code - blame Brian Noble's love obsession with Aussies for losing him to the game when he made the boneheaded decision to sign Michael Withers.

In saying that, would rather see him go to a different club as Wigan don't need him. If they do sign him, I have to ask serious questions about them cheating the salary cap.

So do I. He wasn't good enough for the Wigan first team when he signed for Union, he won't have got any better! TBH I reckon Charnley is past his best,

Past his best, but still managed to score 24 tries in 32 appearances for a very low scoring Wigan team this season. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Charnley had a big dip in form, but bounced back.

As for Ashton, I can't see the point. He'll be expensive, will need retraining and I doubt he could unseat either Burgess or Manfredi on the wings.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Would be great to see him back in the game. Was a tragedy to see him leave for the other code - blame Brian Noble's love obsession with Aussies for losing him to the game when he made the boneheaded decision to sign Michael Withers.

In saying that, would rather see him go to a different club as Wigan don't need him. If they do sign him, I have to ask serious questions about them cheating the salary cap.

Won't there be a few exceptions that they can use to pay him a decent whack?

Serious questions about them cheating the salary cap? Why would they need to cheat it? There are a few big contracts dropping off following the end of season, but yeah, they do have form.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

There aren't many players I'd like to see move from League to Union but it was hardly a 'tragedy' when Ashton left Wigan.

rldfsignature.jpg

There aren't many players I'd like to see move from League to Union but it was hardly a 'tragedy' when Ashton left Wigan.

Most regarded him as a turnstile if I remember correctly and this didn't improve when playing union for England.

Archived