02 Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 6pm

Discuss Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catalans win for me please, can't see there being much of a crowd for this one.

Les Cats 23 Pies 20.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Well, for a start, if you tune in at 6pm as the thread title says, you'll have missed the first half...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, for a start, if you tune in at 6pm as the thread title says, you'll have missed the first half...

They often put just the local kick off time in the header for some reason.

A bit like last night's game in Huddersfield, I think Hull thought it kicked off at 10pm.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Catalans work in mysterious ways. 

Gigot and Duport are back. Garcia and Richards were playing centre last time. 

You'd think Richards would get dropped and Garcia would go back to second row... but hell no! Yaha dropped to Academy, Richards on the wing with Duport/Garcia pairing as centres! 

Escaré dropped and Gigot fullback. We rather have second rowers at centres than Escaré at fullback. How Richards retains his spot is beyond me, he has been dreadful so far!

Also, Todd Carney is injured. Bosc/Albert as halves with Da Costa on the bench. 

The loss of Carney is critical. This news means that Catalans are without both their first choice halves, Carney and Myler. Before that news I had predicted Catalans to win by 16. Now I think that it will be very close, with Catalans winning by no more than 6 or 7, spurred on by a massive and vocal crowd.

Expect a try by Gigot and a drop goal by Thomas Bosc among the many scores. The final score could be in the vicinity of 25-18.

Nous allons pain grille, mais n'importe pas. C'est tout pour le meilleur bon pour le jour plus bien!!!

Pardon?

Vive La France!

Is it just me, but are we not encouraged to vote any more? Is this a post Brexit disenfranchising for our own good?

Anyway, while I love the narrative that says that the Cats' passion will prevail, and would be pleased for that for the greater good, Wigan are playing really well, and without Carney Catalans are not the same team. We are flying in and out the same day, so can isolate ourselves from the broader context. If we stay close by half time, with the adrenaline wearing off for the Cats and our having such a strong spine, I think we will win.

This game should be beauty! Wigan to win it 22-20

Is it just me, but are we not encouraged to vote any more?

Just for you mate...

What will be the result?

A. Catalans win.

B. Draw

C. Home win.

D. French team win

E. Wigan lose.

Pardon?

Vive La France!

Stage 1 today, Mont-St-Michel to Utah Beach.

Good to see you entering into the spirit.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Is it just me, but are we not encouraged to vote any more? Is this a post Brexit disenfranchising for our own good?

kent-brockman-democracy.png

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Huge punch up at the Academy game after Dauliac gets a clothesline, manages to get up on his feet and another player tackles him and drives his head on the floor.

Red card

Dragons u19's win against Wigan. How long were Wigan down to 12 players and stupid question did it change the game as in were Wigan winning and the better side until the sending off??

Just for you mate...

What will be the result?

A. Catalans win.

B. Draw

C. Home win.

D. French team win

E. Wigan lose.

Missing the option F. Catalans lose due to blatant referee blindness/myopia.

Archived