Sonic boom over Yorkshire!

Responding to an non-responsive air France flight apparently.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Was there another one immediately after it?

Could have been Basil Brush celebrating Leicester City's title win.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Scared the hell out of me this evening. 10pm roughly. Did anyone else hear it?

Not here in London. However, here's the initial report: http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2016-05-02/typhoon-launched-to-identify-unresponsive-civilian-aircraft/

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first boom literally shook our house. Twp minutes later all the neighbours were out in the street wondering if a plane had come down or there had been a gas explosion.  It was all very disturbing. 

It shows the influence of social media too - within a few minutes there were all sorts of rumours spreading rapidly all over facebook and twitter, until North Yorks police put our minds at rest with their own tweet.

Yeah well it was either a sonic boom or Drax had exploded and I can see Drax out of the back bedroom window.

In honesty when I first thought it was a sonic boom I'd wondered if it was a meteorite coming down and creating one as I couldn't see the craft

The fear was that West Yorkshire was totally destroyed. The Association of British Insurers calculated that it would cost over a £15.00 to remedy.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

It'll be a holidaying Yorkshire family soaking up the glamour of Blackburn that's doing it. 

You're quite correct in one respect.

Any Yorkshire family holidaying in Lancashire would certainly describe it as "soaking".

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived