Next season.

The Art of Hand and Foot

The three mini-leagues within a league will be interesting in themselves next year and it remains to be seen which teams will make up the dozen.  

Bradford, Broncos, and Hull KR or Salford will probably contest the top placings.  Rochdale, Dewsbury, Oldham and Swinton will battle out the lower end of the division with each striving for a mid-table berth away from the drop-zone.  The remainder of the teams such as Halifax, Batley and Featherstone will occupy the middle section but we should be looking to take points off them all, especially at home.

The unknowns will be whether Sheffield's problems will have an effect on team strength and which team will join Rochdale in promotion.  If it's Toulouse they'll join the top group, if it's Barrow they'll be direct rivals in our group.

We did ourselves no favours in 2016 by losing games against the teams around us but then pulled off some cracking results against teams deemed to be better than us.  

Let's win our targeted home games as bankers and then let the relative shocks keep us safe.  And beat Rochdale at least three times, maybe four. ;)

The three mini-leagues within a league will be interesting in themselves next year and it remains to be seen which teams will make up the dozen.  

Bradford, Broncos, and Hull KR or Salford will probably contest the top placings.  Rochdale, Dewsbury, Oldham and Swinton will battle out the lower end of the division with each striving for a mid-table berth away from the drop-zone.  The remainder of the teams such as Halifax, Batley and Featherstone will occupy the middle section but we should be looking to take points off them all, especially at home.

The unknowns will be whether Sheffield's problems will have an effect on team strength and which team will join Rochdale in promotion.  If it's Toulouse they'll join the top group, if it's Barrow they'll be direct rivals in our group.

We did ourselves no favours in 2016 by losing games against the teams around us but then pulled off some cracking results against teams deemed to be better than us.  

Let's win our targeted home games as bankers and then let the relative shocks keep us safe.  And beat Rochdale at least three times, maybe four. ;)

In your dreams Mr Naylor....in your dreams   :P

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

We already look like we are going to have a much better team than this year. Too many times especially early in the season we were playing players who were carrying knocks or who just weren't up to this standard. I dont think we will be doing that next season.

So, it's Hull KR well be playing. Tbh I think they'll bring more fans than Salford, even though they're further away.

TBH I wanted Hull KR to come down as I think they will survive the experience, Salford might not of.  The fans will stick with rovers in decent numbers.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

To cap it all a weekend away in France.

We'll have to ask our neighbours for travel advice.  Hornets vs Toulouse could be tasty!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Played the final at their home ground! Will they be stronger next year? The RFL will guarantee they will. I suspect they may be a top four side.

We need to be realistic. We may have a better side but staying up will still be a challenge. There were two sides worse than us this year. Toulouse will be very strong. Us, Hornets and Swinton will all have a massive battle to stay in the division.

Archived