Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Leeds Sunday 31st January 2016

marklaspalmas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent hit out in poor conditions. We look to have plenty of options in attack with briggs thacks and craven, a few games together and better conditions and there going to be very exciting, briggs looks back to his best and ormondroyd is a beast and going to be a real handful this year in the championship, did someone say thackeray can't tackle,think Baldwinson and Achurch would disagree after he shot them 1 after the other.

Yes we played some off the cuff stuff well considering the weather especially in 1st half

It appears already that Briggs Craven and Thacks will be massive assets to us after just 1 game all together

Ormonroyd was massive in the middle

Loosing wildie a massive blow, cant who see our starting hookers will be - Sam day appears out of favour and not liked by JS judging on his pre season mins - 5 mins last week and not even in the team today

Can see us giving Leeds a ring ths week for a hooker

Though saying that was not impressed by any of the potential Leeds players we could have bar Ashton Golding and i include Baldwinson in that list

Matty Wilde broken leg by the looks. We've got a good team put together here. Think John Davies is one of best signings we've made.

wildie was hobbling about in the clubhouse after the game so no leg break but may be a knee ptoblem

Loosing wildie a massive blow, cant who see our starting hookers will be - Sam day appears out of favour and not liked by JS judging on his pre season mins - 5 mins last week and not even in the team today

Can see us giving Leeds a ring ths week for a hooker

Apparently Beau Falloon who was due to play today (the only 1st teamer due to play) broke a toe in training this week, dunno if that will affect his availability for next week but might impact on the availability to us of someone like Jordan Lilley, who can play hooker.

Can only guess that part of Sam Day's lack of minutes has been down to Davies being a surprise package at hooker. Day's tiny but he doesn't back down and I hope he's not out of Sharp's plans.

It looks as though Leeds like to give Ashton Golden the MOTM before he even plays. Every game yawn.

He was pretty average today and conceded some poor tackles especially in the first half. Will Feath bring him in before Craven? Surely not.

The only player today from Leeds who could slot in is Lilley.

Even if that is at Hooker. 9 seemed a weak point today.

Don't think golden looked interested for big parts of the game but seemed to instrument there move under the sticks in the second half where he went over for 1 and showed his class when he wanted to. Am pretty happy with craven though and would find it hard to slot him in seen as he's a full back of stand off. Ash Handley the other candidate to come in didn't show much and I'd say Johnson got the better of him a few times, johnson dropped a few balls due to the conditions but would have been round him on a few occasions in better conditions.

Everyone banging on about Baldy too slotting straight in but thought our four forwards were a lot better than him today and desrve their chance next week, id be unhappy seeing baldy get a spot next week ahead of our own forwards

You can chalk lilley off the DR list for the time being, Leeds dont have any hookers following Falloons injury

A little birdie tells me you made another re-signing yesterday..............

does that mean you got it off twitter

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Poskitt been working with/for MC in a non rugby role regarding an outside rugby business venture for weeks

The carrier pidgeon got held up on its way to Calderdale i assume did it oxy boy? A giant tree in the way?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived