Town V Oldham predictions & team

town4me

Well this is the most important game for a while IMO as it's a must win. will szostak and callum be fit?

There are no easy games but I am going for a town win by 14. Town 26-12 Oldham

Murphy

Carter

Mossop

Hulme

Forrester

Forber

Sammut

Coward

Matty

Verlinden

Mcavoy

B.Philips

Stack

Gordon

Rooney

Shacks

Callum?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is the most important game for a while IMO as it's a must win. will szostak and callum be fit?

There are no easy games but I am going for a town win by 14. Town 26-12 Oldham

Murphy

Carter

Mossop

Hulme

Forrester

Forber

Sammut

Coward

Matty

Mcavoy

Szostak?

Stack

Gordon

Rooney

Whiteley

Callum?

No Phillips, Shackley or Verlinden ? did they get injured against Batley

Phillips will need a big game next week . Crowley is pulling trees up for Oldham and a lot of the good work comes through him.

how old is crowley what's his history? It won't be an easy game but I think the lads will be up for it.

how old is crowley what's his history? It won't be an easy game but I think the lads will be up for it.

Josh Crowley is an ex Warrington Wolves academy captain who also captained England at under 18's. He joined Widnes at 19 and never got his chance then moved to Oldham. Him and Thompson are consistent performers and are easily good enough for this level , as is Chisolm who plays on the wing. ( ex leeds lad) who won that super league sprint race . They are a useful outfit 

Josh Crowley is an ex Warrington Wolves academy captain who also captained England at under 18's. He joined Widnes at 19 and never got his chance then moved to Oldham. Him and Thompson are consistent performers and are easily good enough for this level , as is Chisolm who plays on the wing. ( ex leeds lad) who won that super league sprint race . They are a useful outfit

thanks wonder it's a big game for us

5 games in and we're sacking the coach ffs lets sack the board as well while we're at it! This should be judged over a season not 5 games, Phil as not let us down yet so let's see what happens. What did people expect from the first 5 games really? With the players we've had out our position is about right, for me this season starts on Sunday...up the town

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

5 games in and we're sacking the coach ffs lets sack the board as well while we're at it! This should be judged over a season not 5 games, Phil as not let us down yet so let's see what happens. What did people expect from the first 5 games really? With the players we've had out our position is about right, for me this season starts on Sunday...up the town

Couldn't agree more anok4u, we are starting sounding like the half wits down the road always slagging there coaches off, pull it together folks lets back the lads and the club, this is when they need us most .

UTT

Ye, not saying we should get shot of him but ultimately the coach stands or falls by the performance of his team and he has to carry the can if its his fault or not just like he being praised as a possible coach of the. Year last back end was heaped on him. Be interesting to see what reaction is if we fail to rise to the occasion against Oldham

I agree it is to early to sack the coach, however 5 defeats out of 5 the BoD should be privately considering it, because to wait and judge over a full season could end in disaster, it would make common sense to have a plan "B" 

I couldn't say we've had many good coaches recently, the likes of Charlton and Turley did well but it wasn't pretty. Ashton and Walsh obviously and Gary Murdoch maybe. Rotherham rubbish, Stokes likewise but signed some excellent players, Tew, O'Reilly etc. I don't rate this fella but I think we've had a tough time so far without Sammutt and the matches I've seen the refs have done us no favours.

I know what you are saying anok4u about 5 games, but you can also judge on 

last season, and lets face it if JS wasn't brought in we would have

most likely gone down, results before his arrival weren't good.

Just playing devils advocate, but would say jury is well and truly out 

on the coach.

We have to remember that all this can be turned around and seen from the other side ... Oldham , Swinton and Haven , they are all gonna be looking at us and saying ' there's our chance to get going and pick up points ' . We are a big target to as we are very fragile and beatable . We MUST win this game , no ifs , no buts , no hard lucks , no good efforts ... End of story . But after that we have to pick up more wins from tougher games , and that's an even bigger challenge

I know what you are saying anok4u about 5 games, but you can also judge on 

last season, and lets face it if JS wasn't brought in we would have

most likely gone down, results before his arrival weren't good.

Just playing devils advocate, but would say jury is well and truly out 

on the coach.

Sammuts with us for 2 year hopefully!who's to say he would have signed if Phil wasn't here, I know what everyone's saying but let's just see. As for Oldham being mugs there are no mugs in this league not even us!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

We have to remember that all this can be turned around and seen from the other side ... Oldham , Swinton and Haven , they are all gonna be looking at us and saying ' there's our chance to get going and pick up points ' . We are a big target to as we are very fragile and beatable . We MUST win this game , no ifs , no buts , no hard lucks , no good efforts ... End of story . But after that we have to pick up more wins from tougher games , and that's an even bigger challenge

cracking rugby weather too ,dry weekend with plenty sun on sunday a barmy 11 degrees and no wind .

Sammuts with us for 2 year hopefully!who's to say he would have signed if Phil wasn't here, I know what everyone's saying but let's just see. As for Oldham being mugs there are no mugs in this league not even us!

Who said he would have signed? only ££££££££££££££££ money.

Archived