Hunslet 4 - 24 York

Moose

ive seen some rubbish in my lifetime of over 50 years watching Hunslet but that ranks up there with the worst 80 mins ive ever seen.Theres no moves, no set plays not even a 40/20 in a gale force wind with a kicker like Simon Brown who when he played against us for Sheffield used to do them for fun.Incredibly the one person who can instigate some kind of attacking move who got 2 tries last week gets left out this week...don't we ever learn after Grimmer last year ?I noticed Oldham hammered  Dewsbury today ill bet a certain halfback destroyed the rams.

He's got a coach who knows his talent Steve and has given Grimmer a new found confidence he had back in 2011 great to see our boy enjoying his rugby again.

chappy

So, welcome to a brand new season ... and judging on yesterday, it could be a long, hard one.

Never wise to speculate too much on the first 80 minutes of the season (and I haven't been to the friendlies this year) ... but can someone just confirm, didn't we get a new coach in the off-season? Because yesterday's performance bore many of the hallmarks of what we have come to expect over the last few seasons ... from issues with the team selection (admittedly based on opinions of those I spoke to who did go to pre-season matches), through to decisions made during the game, oh and let's not forget the general lack of ideas with ball in hand!

Any new coach needs to bring fresh ideas to the party and stamp his own authority on the team, not a re-implementation of the old ones. Add to that a high error count from the players on the pitch, and it didn't make for pretty viewing. Next week v Barrow should be a similar sort of game (but hopefully better weather!) so an ideal chance to for the new coach to show he is his own man ... and of course for the players to perform much better.

Well done to York, much better organised and quicker in thought in deed yesterday.   

Whilst were at it, who is the so called groundsman at the Stadium ? one of the cabbage patch kids or a member of the tractor boys ? Brian Cartwright would turn in his grave if he saw the state of the pitch even before the kick off.A disgrace

would the state of pitch affected the game, york clearly were ok with it

il see sunday 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

I didn't go to this game , but when I put radio Leeds on for the rugby live , and when radio Leeds went to the South Leeds stadium , the first thing I heard was this, Barnet's covering a kick on his wing , he's dropped it the York player scores. How many more times , sorry but he played a big part in Hunslet going down last season with dropping the high ball in nearly every game, I am not saying drop him , quite the reverse , but play him in the second row or prop forward position. Let's be honest he's the best player we have for driving the ball in like a prop would do , he just can't catch a high ball as a winger has to do. Our new coach be as dumb as Eaton with him out of position on the wing all last season or can he ?

I Will be at the Barrow game on Sunday , and it won't surprise me if Barney Dropple's back in his usual wing position, 

He's got a coach who knows his talent Steve and has given Grimmer a new found confidence he had back in 2011 great to see our boy enjoying his rugby again.

Always rated Danny Grimshaw, it was good to see him back to his old self even though it was against us(Rams) oh dear how Hunslet could with him right now.

think it was Brown and Flannigan who got the nod before Grimmer Steve because Barry told Danny Kaine was signed to form a good partnership with him but that didn't happen but no matter its water under the bridge now new regime hope it works out for the Hawks .

chappy

I didn't go to this game , but when I put radio Leeds on for the rugby live , and when radio Leeds went to the South Leeds stadium , the first thing I heard was this, Barnet's covering a kick on his wing , he's dropped it the York player scores. How many more times , sorry but he played a big part in Hunslet going down last season with dropping the high ball in nearly every game, I am not saying drop him , quite the reverse , but play him in the second row or prop forward position. Let's be honest he's the best player we have for driving the ball in like a prop would do , he just can't catch a high ball as a winger has to do. Our new coach be as dumb as Eaton with him out of position on the wing all last season or can he ?

I Will be at the Barrow game on Sunday , and it won't surprise me if Barney Dropple's back in his usual wing position, 

another 2 well taken tries by your fav wingman ramone, lets give the lad some credit any other of our recent wingers would have been knocked into touch, well done Ritchie Barnett.

Yes they were 2 well taken tries King , still think he will be better in the 2nd row, and should be there with a place in the team for him ,

as lets not forget all them high dropped balls last season, or has everyone forgotten now after the Barrow game. 

Archived