Union meddling and other issues in South Africa

Dogs is too nice a word to describe them, Mutts has a better ring to it.

By god these people are lucky I am not in power, I'd show them how to really get rid of a sport, and it would be very much in your face and explained why it had to be terminated because of its complete biblical likeness of the whore of Babylon drunk with all that power, funny that.

Hypocrites the lot, from their fans to the people running the game right up to the pathetic Media we have towing Rupes line and burring everything bar the lies and miss truths and actually shoving it right in your face.

This world and most of the rotten elitist ###### that is in it makes me wish the whole joint was blown away with a deep impact asteroid or something, %$#@ humans are evil #######.

It's a sport you retards.

Just to add, some of those words beeped out aren't as bad as some may think, but I stand by it.

It's a bloody sport not life and death and I for one would like to see all sport free to watch and play no matter what it is, it makes my blood boil that others don't like this type of freedom, well screw you.

Let's see if thr RFL. the NRL and the RLIF try and do something about this!

Let's see if RL writers actually play it as more than a brief mention somewhere at the back of their journals!

Union is an Olympic Sport, the Olympic Charter says sport is a right not to be interfered with by anyone. And yet we still have examples of this sort of nonsense being done by one sport alone. How can they remain in the Olympics and carry on like this?

I have also written to APRLG to see if they can do anything!

There is certainly a question about their Olympic recognition and whether or not it should be taken away?

By the way some of the quoteable mentions for RL are real compliments and fantastic descriptions of the things that make RL what it is!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It looks like SASCOC are causing the major problems here, rather than the SARFU.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From the article;

"The men in charge of Saru and Sascoc are, of course, big rugby union men and protecting the code is to their financial benefit."

Sounds like they are both in each others pockets. That's a powerful and corrupt alliance, no wonder the SARL are losing heart.

Rugby Union seem to be deploying the same successful formula in various countries where League is trying to get recognition.

Part of the charade is for the IRB to appear to  be trying to help RL  by stating publicly that both codes are separate, but always falling short of any meaningful intervention.

By distancing themselves from the local union outfit they are pretending not to sanction their stance.

Let's see if thr RFL. the NRL and the RLIF try and do something about this!

If the RLIF don't get involved in issues like this, then what is their true purpose? Not sure why the RFL/NRL would be bothered, but surely the games governing body needs to step up to the plate.....unless that is it's actually not interference from Union but something more basic like say....

but developments hit another snag.

SARL is not just fighting a battle for independent recognition, but an ongoing court case, with a group of former SARL officials claiming they are actually the recognised governing body of the sport in South Africa also causing a hindrance. This rebel body is not registered or recognised by the RLIF, but Botha says that Roux felt that the vote on the memorandum of understanding could not progress until the court case was settled.

From the article;

"The men in charge of Saru and Sascoc are, of course, big rugby union men and protecting the code is to their financial benefit."

Sounds like they are both in each others pockets. That's a powerful and corrupt alliance, no wonder the SARL are losing heart.

The Board of SASCOC does have 2 members from RU background but of course it does. It's South Africa, famous, sportingwise, for its cricket and RU teams. These 2 RU-backgrounders are outnumbered by reps from Hockey, Canoeing, Cricket, Disabled Sports, Athletics, Student Sports, Football, Korfball, Judo and Table Tennis.

France all over again when Union blocked League from being recognised all them years ago and where League had to grovel to cycling and Badminton or something to pass it all because Union had near all other sports including soccer in its pockets back then.

What a pathetic sport it is, they protect it but it's actually GARBAGE, much like the upper classes that think they're beyond all us bottom feeders.

It's a rotten pathetic slow archaic sport, why oh why do you perceiver with it, just dump the shiiite and go with League, we'll forgive you for being slow in the head for all these years, honestly, leaguies are a really down to Earth forgiving mob, we'll welcome the wicked back into the fold as long as you leave that warped outdated passtime (very slow passtime) behind them and never bring it or its EVIL deeds up again.

Union is an Olympic Sport, the Olympic Charter says sport is a right not to be interfered with by anyone. And yet we still have examples of this sort of nonsense being done by one sport alone

No, it's not. The french judo federation has been succesfull at blocking any MMA formal recognition in this country for the last 10 years. It's only one exemple I'm familiar with, but I'm sure one could find dozens of similar cases not related to rugby.

It's first and foremost about power grabbing and state intervention, not RU.

No, it's not. The french judo federation has been succesfull at blocking any MMA formal recognition in this country for the last 10 years. It's only one exemple I'm familiar with, but I'm sure one could find dozens of similar cases not related to rugby.

I couldn't give a flying fig about other sports blocking other sports.  What I do care about is Rugby and the way union is setting a trend in numerous countries in its bid to stamp out any progress by Rugby.  Whether they do it directly, or hide behind sports' governing bodies, the same fingerprints / DNA are all over it.  Union bigotry and prejudice is just as prevalent today as it was in 1895.

Rugby League - a sport where shape and size does not limit your potential

My experience is that sporting authorities are not as surprised when I explain why it would not be a good idea for rugby league to get too close to rugby union, and the martial arts comparison was given to me.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

They can only keep this up so long. With the RLIF gaining more official accreditations particularly with the confederation as well as more countries taking it up and it gaining greater profile, it's just a matter of when not if. In the meantime it's just another frustration

Went to durban and caepetown in February. There are obvious tensions from the street all the way up to the top.

Lovely place if you ignore the various parties pulling in opposites

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

It s common in France that the RU or Judo are inside the government (bernard Laporte and David Douillet have been "sport ministers" under the previous french president time... 

Archived