Any truth in the rumour

Theoretically would probably be a better word. I meant it should be open to British and Irish clubs even if in practice there won't be any of the latter at least in the immediate future

I though you might mean clubs that are Irish in name only - a bit like London Irish in union, maybe Lancashire Irish or some such. :D

I though you might mean clubs that are Irish in name only - a bit like London Irish in union, maybe Lancashire Irish or some such. :D

London in name only too, though got the right idea leaving London to better markets elsewhere

Did I understand Mr France rightly that the RFL can directly invite into SL, a club which is not in the Championship. Hence the reason behind them dropping out, allegedly.

It was Mr. Derwent that found a rule about being able to invite a european club directly into SL, and he quoted it direct on this forum. It was an excelent piece of work by him and something no journo has either picked up or checked. If a big investor wanted to start RL in a big stadia with all the criteria ticked the "winning an NL comp" would be a bar to that investor, never mind Toulouse.

So that may be why it was slipped in because the RFL remain the bar to Toulouse having rejected them more than once.....