Eels Salary Cap Fiasco

I notice the penalties are still preliminary despite being annouced and Eels' response is awaited.

The officials proposed to be barred are to fight this in court.

Big difference with Storm penalty is that they will be able to fight for league points and even get into finals if they can amass enough points from scratch.

They are doomed to losing players it seems though.

Who's to go?????

Semi?

I heard he has said the club owes him money anyway.

Weak Penalty for me and doesnt come down hard enough. We all have known about this for years. What I cant understand is why the NRL allowed them to Keep signing Players- especially the likes of Foran, Watnough, Jennings etc who would be on big Money. The NRL have assisted in this happening for me.

Weak Penalty for me and doesnt come down hard enough. We all have known about this for years. What I cant understand is why the NRL allowed them to Keep signing Players- especially the likes of Foran, Watnough, Jennings etc who would be on big Money. The NRL have assisted in this happening for me.

the NRL can only enforce the cap, they cannot stop the club from signing players.

I understand the sentiment to punish the club more, but a punishment against them in the same vein as was handed down to the Storm was a punishment to the entire competition as well.

the NRL can only enforce the cap, they cannot stop the club from signing players.

I understand the sentiment to punish the club more, but a punishment against them in the same vein as was handed down to the Storm was a punishment to the entire competition as well.

They can warn a Club that signings would not be accepted to Play in the NRL- i.e Israel Folau Scenario. Instead no warning and despite years of abuse, the NRL allowed the Eels signings to Play, despite knowing they was over the Cap. It is a Farce.

Archived