How many Wigan players should make the England squad ?

How does everyone access each English qualified players chances ?

Sam Tomkins - definite

Darrell Goulding - probably

Martin Gleeson - probably

Paul Deacon - with Eastmond out, he could be an outsider given his good kicking and passing game.

Sean O'Loughlin - definite

Joel Tomkins - definite

Liam Farrell - not just yet but one for the future.

Stuart Fielden - definite

Mick McIllorum - just misses out, wouldn't let anyone down.

Andy Coley - is worthy of a place, one of the form props.

Paul Prescott - just misses out, much improved.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Gleeson should go and should start, his stats put him as better than shenton and yeaman so for me he should partner Atkins in the centres for england. pretty much agree with all your other points.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Tomkins, Gleeson, O'Loughlin, Tomkins.

Maybe Deacon but prob not.

I like Goulding but he isnt as good as Hall or Bricoee, or Fox for that matter.

Fielden maybe, but i think people are more concerned with him being back to what he was which he never will be unfortunately. If he played in a suit this year so nobody knew who he was no one would be putting him forward. I think Coley and Prescott are as good if not better but i dont watch Wigan every week so maybe wigan fans can set me straight.

Not for this year but I think McIllorum could potentially be a top class hooker and Farrell will definately be an England player at some point.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Sam Tomkins - definite

Paul Deacon - with Eastmond out, he could be an outsider given his good kicking and passing game.

Joel Tomkins - definite

Sorry, but for mine Farrell would definitely be on the plane. There aren't many forwards around who have the ability to constantly break the defensive line like he can. If he was Australian they'd have no qualms about sticking him in, regardless of his tender years. Good enough, old enough etc...

Pretty much agree with all of the above. I dunno about Deacon, if he was fit then yes, but he didn't seem to be yesterday so perhaps not worth the risk.

Someone really needs to have a word with Joel Tomkins about his ill-discipline. There isn't the opportunity to be giving away needless penalties.

Sorry, but for mine Farrell would definitely be on the plane. There aren't many forwards around who have the ability to constantly break the defensive line like he can. If he was Australian they'd have no qualms about sticking him in, regardless of his tender years. Good enough, old enough etc...

It's whether there are better players ahead of him, and there are. He could be taken as a squad player if there's room.

Sam Tomkins - definite

Joel Tomkins - definite

Agree apart from Deacon - been there and failed, Fielden - Not mentally strong enough, Coley - Not good enough for Tests.

Pretty much agree with all of the above. I dunno about Deacon, if he was fit then yes, but he didn't seem to be yesterday so perhaps not worth the risk.

Someone really needs to have a word with Joel Tomkins about his ill-discipline. There isn't the opportunity to be giving away needless penalties.

He seems to have sorted that out in the last few weeks TBH. Think MM must have had a word following the 1st Leeds game, that was his last display of petulance. If he goes down under I'm sure the Ausies & Kiwis will have done their homework and try to wind him up.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

It's whether there are better players ahead of him, and there are. He could be taken as a squad player if there's room.

Sorry, but can't think of many English second-rowers who have impressed me more than him during the second-half of this season. Possibly Joel Tomkins, but he still strikes me as a slight liability in terms of discipline.

Sorry, but can't think of many English second-rowers who have impressed me more than him during the second-half of this season. Possibly Joel Tomkins, but he still strikes me as a slight liability in terms of discipline.

I find it a bit silly to be castigating Joel Tomkins for the one incident that he gave away a penalty last night, when in fact there was nothing to penalise him for in the first place.

He spent most of the game out in the centre and consequently turned in one of his lesser performances that I have seen from him, not at all impressive last night but would still be among the first names entered if I was picking the squad.

Goulding proved that he is equal to the task if selected and always recalling the performances of Hall V the Southern hemi crowd last year, I would be less than keen on extolling his capabilities taken out of his Leeds comfort zone.

Briscoe and Goulding would be my first choice for the wing spots, the Aussies will certainly take a good scud out of their G/F of those that impressed, we ought to do the same.

I have chosen Lunt but would be quite happy to see McIlorum instead along with Roby in the Hooker role.

Gleeson probably booked his seat too last night and maybe Fielden has done himself no harm on that showing also. Coley ( did he play the full 80?) is better than Lynch and should be considered strongly.

Lastly, Deacon well he did last night what we required from an England player in last years comp, kicked the opposition to death. I don't like to say it but the fact remains: we do not have another player in our entire

squad with a better even similar similar ability and, please do not give me Sinfield as a credible alternative!

1. Widdop

2. Briscoe

3. Atkins

4. Gleeson

5. Goulding

6. Tomkins

7. Really Not sure.... Myler, Burrows, Robinson or ??

8. Morley

9. Sinfield

10. Fielden

11. Ellis

12. Westwood

13. Lockers

14. Roby

15. Burgess...... Impact value and can play anywhere in the pack

16. Graham.... needs to change his attitude and mental issues (not the main man anymore)

17. Farrell................. he is ready to play now IMHO

I do have one controversial idea..... interested in opinions

Shaun Briscoe @ 1

Widdop @ 6

Sam the man @ 7

Any thoughts???

1. Widdop

2. Briscoe

3. Atkins

4. Gleeson

5. Goulding

6. Tomkins

7. Really Not sure.... Myler, Burrows, Robinson or ??

8. Morley

9. Sinfield

10. Fielden

11. Ellis

12. Westwood

13. Lockers

14. Roby

15. Burgess...... Impact value and can play anywhere in the pack

16. Graham.... needs to change his attitude and mental issues (not the main man anymore)

17. Farrell................. he is ready to play now IMHO

I do have one controversial idea..... interested in opinions

Shaun Briscoe @ 1

Widdop @ 6

Sam the man @ 7

Any thoughts???

One thought. It's a stupid idea.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I'm still thinking.

For a start i wouldn't pick Tomkins at 7 as that would be like putting Morley on the wing. A stupid idea. Good chance McNamara may do it though!

It wouldn't be anything like putting Morley on the wing. Stand off and scrum half are extremely similar positions. It would be more like putting Morley in the second row, which he slots in to quite well.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

It wouldn't be anything like putting Morley on the wing. Stand off and scrum half are extremely similar positions. It would be more like putting Morley in the second row, which he slots in to quite well.

Nevermind.

It depends whether he wants to split the field and play Tomkins one side, someone else t'other. Either way, it'd be a mistake as Tomkins isn't a first receiver and never will be.

You can't just pick a 17 and say there, that's it. All the suggestions so far are pointless as they don't come with a plan.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Shame about Richards injury though. As the SL MoS he would surely have been a cert for the Aussie team.

Oh!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Nevermind.

It depends whether he wants to split the field and play Tomkins one side, someone else t'other. Either way, it'd be a mistake as Tomkins isn't a first receiver and never will be.

You can't just pick a 17 and say there, that's it. All the suggestions so far are pointless as they don't come with a plan.

a forum is for posting opinions and views

if all suggestions have been pointless and you can't come up with a team / suggestion of your own, back your posts up with info and not put others down.

get it!!!

Nevermind.

And yours...................... is?

Just one question on Mark Flanagan for Derwent: how many players would you imagine that Flanagan would be behind in contention for an OZ or a Kiwi jersey?

Not being critical of you or your opinion as I also believe that Flanagan has done OK, but seriously, can you honestly contend that he is more worthy than the second rowers that WILL be selected/

Sorry but I do not, even though I would not rule him out as possible future rep material, yet like Cudjoe and a few others getting some mention, that time is still some way off yet.

And yours...................... is?

Just one question on Mark Flanagan for Derwent: how many players would you imagine that Flanagan would be behind in contention for an OZ or a Kiwi jersey?

Not being critical of you or your opinion as I also believe that Flanagan has done OK, but seriously, can you honestly contend that he is more worthy than the second rowers that WILL be selected/

Sorry but I do not, even though I would not rule him out as possible future rep material, yet like Cudjoe and a few others getting some mention, that time is still some way off yet.

I'm not advocating selecting him ahead of Ellis & Burgess (for example) but I would definitely have him in the squad. He's played a full season of NRL and not looked out of place and therefore will be used to the higher speed and collision intensity that I think is obvious in the NRL and which will be replicated in the 4 Nations. I think it would be crazy to overlook someone who has been an established first team regular in the team that finished 3rd on the NRL ladder, and its only because he went down under without establishing a reputation here first that people aren't considering him.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I'm not advocating selecting him ahead of Ellis & Burgess (for example) but I would definitely have him in the squad. He's played a full season of NRL and not looked out of place and therefore will be used to the higher speed and collision intensity that I think is obvious in the NRL and which will be replicated in the 4 Nations. I think it would be crazy to overlook someone who has been an established first team regular in the team that finished 3rd on the NRL ladder, and its only because he went down under without establishing a reputation here first that people aren't considering him.

I would not contest that explanation at all and the points you make are indisputable, but there does happen to be a pretty good selection without him in the position he would occupy if selected and really we need cover for other positions more urgently than yet another back rower.

All the same I do go along with all of that and I could fully understand it were he to be included in the squad, based upon your explanation.