Every Super League club has suffered questionable calls by the officials

It's an interesting read and Mr Murphy has a very legitimate point.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/spor...histle_on_refs/

The Craig Kopczak disallowed try during last week

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Interesting slant you've put on the thread title compared to the title of the article;

Bulls have suffered as much as anyone over questionable calls by officials

Probably says about as much as needs saying on the subject!

Interesting slant you've put on the thread title compared to the title of the article;

Probably says about as much as needs saying on the subject!

I couldn't fit the T&A title in.

You clearly haven't read it properly, Mick. Connor Murphy does indeed make good points, but says the Bulls have suffered as much as anyone else - ie we haven't had the brunt of it, all clubs have suffered at the hand of bad refs calls. As such the thread title is misleading (IMO anyway) and is slightly unfair on the T&A article, which in reality says nothing of the sort

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Yes, you're right. That was definitely a voluntary tackle by Chris Joynt and "that team to the east of Bradford who we won't mention" were miles offside!

:P

Before anyone whinges, I'm a Bulls fan and I'm being sarcastic!

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

It's an interesting read and Mr Murphy has a very legitimate point.

No he doesn't have a point, it's ###### to get the likes of you reading the articles Mick.

If you are going to get into RL media and commentating, and I think you will be brilliant, you have got to stop this rubbish.

All the TRL fans on here who watch games as neutrals never have much of a problem over refs and decisions and none believe any refs have any bias.

It's all in your heads. The bias comes from you and is directed at the referees.

Apologies to everyone the title of the thread has been changed to reflect the T&A headline.

It wouldn't let me copy and paste it all.

As I keep saying to everyone who slates off the ref - go and do the course yourself and prove you can do it better! If not, shut up and put up!

But it is true, they are biased against the mighty Bulls! :rolleyes:

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

You clearly haven't read it properly, Mick. Connor Murphy does indeed make good points, but says the Bulls have suffered as much as anyone else - ie we haven't had the brunt of it, all clubs have suffered at the hand of bad refs calls.

There you go Mick.

Your brain took in the article title and applied your own twisted thinking to it and out it popped as something else.

I hope AA has shown you the way Mate.

It does you no good at all to go on thinking the way you do on Refs.....

No he doesn't have a point, it's ###### to get the likes of you reading the articles Mick.

If you are going to get into RL media and commentating, and I think you will be brilliant, you have got to stop this rubbish.

All the TRL fans on here who watch games as neutrals never have much of a problem over refs and decisions and none believe any refs have any bias.

It's all in your heads. The bias comes from you and is directed at the referees.

I wouldn't call this rubbish, it has a valid stay on this forum, because it's bringing up what we have known all season long that the referees are too inconsistent from game to game and with this the interpretations alter.

Just take the incident that Connor mentions in the article, which I myself and others have seen the replay and we had a 100% legitimate try chalked off on Sunday, had it been given who knows what the final score would have been.

Some teams seem to get more than their fair share of the 50:50 calls go their way. Over the last few years Leeds have certainly had this in the big games (Millenium magic Tansey off-side try, 2009 GF Lee Smith Off-side try, last weekend against Saints McGuire knock on before the try).

Over time they do tend to even themselves out. Lest just hope a dodgey 50:50 call goes against Leeds in the CC SF next month that sees them knocked out by Saints ;) (no chance of this happening if Leeds lovers Bentham, Smith or Silverwood take charge)

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

As I keep saying to everyone who slates off the ref - go and do the course yourself and prove you can do it better! If not, shut up and put up!

But it is true, they are biased against the mighty Bulls! :rolleyes:

No one is saying they are biased against the Bulls, what we are saying is that how they interpret the rules is highly inconsistent and seems to be unregulated by Cummings.

I really do think this topic should end once and for all now Tommy lad..

Had the article been written after a decision cost the GF - years ago - it would have some credence and relevance.

However, there is not one aspect of the club today that has been caused by any refereeing decisions.

We are where we are because we have the worst coach in the clubs SL history - in charge for 4 years.

I thought the article was extremely badly timed and irrelevant to the current crisis - a crisis which none of the club management are able to address.

When a team repeatedly under performs over such a long time - it really is time to quit popping at the refs - it just makes us look stupid (in my humble opinion)

Had the article been written after a decision cost the GF - years ago - it would have some credence and relevance.

However, there is not one aspect of the club today that has been caused by any refereeing decisions.

We are where we are because we have the worst coach in the clubs SL history - in charge for 4 years.

I thought the article was extremely badly timed and irrelevant to the current crisis - a crisis which none of the club management are able to address.

When a team repeatedly under performs over such a long time - it really is time to quit popping at the refs - it just makes us look stupid (in my humble opinion)

Fair points - but to give the T&A article a chance - at it's heart, it is absolutely nothing to do with the Bulls at all. It's a genuine discussion of the way the Refs operate within our game with the spark being a real, albiet small, incident in a local game as, after all, it is appearing in the local paper. It's sad that most of the people commenting on the T&A site seem to think it's a big "Refs hate Bradford rant" when in reality - whether you agree with the points or not - it deserves much better than that.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Can't argue with any of that Errol which is why I'm giving what the referees do a back seat from now on and start to fully focus on my commentating and learn as much as I can through it.

You don't feel that the overspending (losing

Edited by Bulliac

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Absolutlely - many parts to this situation - some out of control of the Bulls and some not - if you catalogue the milestones from 1995 to 2006 - it is undoubtedly a roller coaster ride. I remember being there, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up with the sheer ecstacy of the whole thing - but often wondered, is this being built from card or stone... Think it started in stone - but someone pulled some bricks out!

Its not the defeats (or the wins) - its the manner of the defeats (and some of the wins!) that killed my passion.

I hold the belief that its a very special quality that enables a man to motivate a team of men - and I have seen little evidence of that. In fact they look fed up to the back teeth before they even kick off.

I think that's fair enough, certainly fairer than just blaming one individual who has had a bum hand to play with (if we're only looking at results) to be brutally honest.

I was the same during the 'glory years', it was almost a case of not believing our luck and not wanting to believe it would ever end (though I guess we all knew it couldn't last forever), it was certainly a million miles from 1963. Personally, I don't know how good Macca is as a coach, and I'm only sticking up for him because a lot of the criticism he gets seems to me to be unwarranted (or at least, very often from people who can't see beyond the headlines), but I do accept that, if we're only going on results there is no comparison to the previous five or so years. I'm certain though that, much as winning and losing is used as a be all and end all for comparing coaches/managers, we have to look a little deeper than superficial results.

I have to say I can't remember any players looking " fed up to the back teeth before they even kick off", in fact one thing which always sticks in my mind is that the team generally seem to give plenty of effort (though, yes, I'll concede the odd individual on occasion) and, to me, they try their best and put in the grunt, though clearly I have to concede the skill on show often isn't good enough. The effort suggests they do respect the coach though, for my money anyway.

Out of interest you're not THE Errol Stock, are you!!

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

That is not a legitimate argument. However I agree with the principle wholeheartedly. If we can only comment or criticise on what we have deep knowledge and experience of, we wouldn't have had a General Election! And regarding RL, then only current or ex-SL players can be negative about SL players, coaches about coaches.

Some teams seem to get more than their fair share of the 50:50 calls go their way. Over the last few years Leeds have certainly had this in the big games (Millenium magic Tansey off-side try, 2009 GF Lee Smith Off-side try, last weekend against Saints McGuire knock on before the try).

Over time they do tend to even themselves out. Lest just hope a dodgey 50:50 call goes against Leeds in the CC SF next month that sees them knocked out by Saints ;) (no chance of this happening if Leeds lovers Bentham, Smith or Silverwood take charge)

:huh: My irony meter just blew up!

I have to say I can't remember any players looking " fed up to the back teeth before they even kick off", in fact one thing which always sticks in my mind is that the team generally seem to give plenty of effort (though, yes, I'll concede the odd individual on occasion) and, to me, they try their best and put in the grunt, though clearly I have to concede the skill on show often isn't good enough. The effort suggests they do respect the coach though, for my money anyway.

Out of interest you're not THE Errol Stock, are you!!

Well I concede that I am referring to last season - as the performance against Warrington (home) did it for me.. I remember also the warm up before we lost to Crusaders (home) - boy were there some long faces on the field then - soon passed to us on the terraces that day.

This could be a long and complex debate - which matches the situation up there! Rather than swipe Micks thread - I will start another when we know who the coach is.

And a special BIG thanks - the first person to question my ID :) No I am not the Errol Stock - but his name and his play have been burned in my head since 1965 - when I saw him play along with Garth Budge - two Aussies with brown, sun tanned legs, emphasised by playing on a snow covered pitch - just fantastic.. The joy of rugby league - memories that won't die and I still feel the same now as I did then....

Does Garth Budge still live around here? I could have sworn I sat next to him in the opticians a couple of years ago, though why would you choose Bradford over Queensland?

I suppose he could have a doppelganger.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Does Garth Budge still live around here? I could have sworn I sat next to him in the opticians a couple of years ago

:lol:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

No one is saying they are biased against the Bulls, what we are saying is that how they interpret the rules is highly inconsistent and seems to be unregulated by Cummings.

Human beings inconsistent - never?

Again your mind stretches the point beyond belief.

You have NO evidence for "highly inconsistent" and no evidence that Mr. Cummins does not do everrything he can to try to acieve that consistency".

Your mind is creating nonsenses Mick, why not drop this silly obsession??