Zack McComb.....

fredm

....has joined Gloucester All Golds on loan, according to League Express.  Does not say anything re length of loan.  Lets hope he gets some game time as training all week and not making the team must be pretty disheartening.

Another of JK's works in progress...................guess that's ta ra to him then, we don't have a great history for bringing loanees back. Pity, jhad hopes of him, though he might have got a game when we were struggling in the backs a month or so ago. All best Zak. 

Unfortunately Phil the position the club is at, that is fighting for a finish in the top 4 or 6, means that every player in every game needs to be at the top of his form.  This in effect means that the experienced players are the ones that will get the nod as they have generally "been there/done it" when it comes to match situations. This means that there is very little opportunity for young players to learn the game as the coach cannot afford to put them in the team in preference to a more experienced player.  Basically it all boils down to the fact that there should be a Reserve team at every club so that these younger players can learn the game playing alongside those older ones who either are not being selected at the moment or are coming back from injury.  In the absence of such a team then loan/DR with lesser clubs is the only way of such players getting any game time, unless the injury list at Batley is such that they have to play.

I agree with all the points, but that would surely have covered young Harrison as well then, but he's had games under his belt at the expense of a more experienced player i.e at Dewsbury, v Fev in cup etc. I hope he comes back as he should have a future with us, but if you look at the centres at the moment, Squires can't getback in, Cowling, though injured may struggle to do so, Ainscough missed out altogether on the wing or centre, so I suppose Zak would be down the list. I think we should offer him another year, but I wonder if we are liaising with Matt Diskin, as he has to get hold of this squad next year and I'm sure he must have some ideas of who he wants and where he wants the club to go.

Archived