19 years on.

AL FALL

Extract taken from.A message from the chairman(JIM QUINN)in programme Oldham bears v Halifax blue sox 27th april 1997.

Our plan to market rugby league in Tameside appears to be showing signs of success,judging by the crowd of 710 fans who watched the Alliance team beat Wigan 26 24 at Stalybridge.Since we moved to Bower Fold for our reserve team games at the start of the season, attendances have shown a gradual increase.

Paddy Kirwin was the Alliance team coach at the  time.

Extract taken from.A message from the chairman(JIM QUINN)in programme Oldham bears v Halifax blue sox 27th april 1997.

Our plan to market rugby league in Tameside appears to be showing signs of success,judging by the crowd of 710 fans who watched the Alliance team beat Wigan 26 24 at Stalybridge.Since we moved to Bower Fold for our reserve team games at the start of the season, attendances have shown a gradual increase.

Paddy Kirwin was the Alliance team coach at the  time.

And we all know what a liar Jim Quinn was

I was there that night. Wigan had a very strong team out that night, including Sean Long, Jon Clarke and I think Graeme West (but not 100% sure on that)

Paul Deacon played for us

Correct Paul Deacon did play ,the alliance report mentions his name as goal kicker also oldhams try scorers but strangely enough no mention of any Wigan player in the report.

As for higgys post.It must be a thankless job being chairman.Nothing  changes I remember the arranging and insults Jim Quinn received by the reception committee outside the pavilion at Watersheddings after loosing,it must have been a long walk back from the stands, strange though the players got pats on their backs.

Archived