Could Allardyce's England career be over after 1 match?

Why did everyone forget about panorama?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Could Allardyce's England career be over after 1 match?

Why did everyone forget about panorama?

I had completely forgotten.  Thank goodness for Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_English_football_corruption_investigation

"Allardyce's son quit the agency business in summer 2006, and has admitted in newspaper interviews that his working as an agent might have cost his father the chance of becoming England manager"

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Is there nowt else to investigate in this world?

Big Sam is a bit dodgy? Is any real surprise here??

Cloughie.... should have been manager. Wasnt allowed to be.

Venables was thought too toxic for a 2nd go.

Both would have been the best available. Many argue cloughie would have won.

As it is england footy has won sod all.

Public press investigations like this will never assist in changing that fact....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Oh goody....burn him, bring him down, its now the national sport!

Does my bloody head in.

England fail again.... rip em apart in the press.

New manager gets appointed.... rip him apart in the press.

Appoint safe manager but apply the peter principle..... keep the circle going.

Oh goody....burn him, bring him down, its now the national sport!

Typical from the right wing Telegraph, attacking our heroes.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Is there nowt else to investigate in this world?

Big Sam is a bit dodgy? Is any real surprise here??

Cloughie.... should have been manager. Wasnt allowed to be.

Venables was thought too toxic for a 2nd go.

Both would have been the best available. Many argue cloughie would have won.

As it is england footy has won sod all.

Public press investigations like this will never assist in changing that fact....

Third party ownership of players is a multi million pound money laundering system (amongst many other things). It's also banned.

What other things should we ignore so that sports people can win things?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Allardyce promised to sue the BBC over the Panorama accusations - must have slipped his mind.

And then just a year or two back Ravel Morrison claimed that Allardyce told him he'd only give him a new contract at West Ham if he left his agent and signed with his instead.

But, of course, the FAs extensive and relentless investigation into the Euro Champs debacle and thorough search for a new coach (which lasted a whole 3 weeks) didn't find any of these allegations to be an issue.

And now this...

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Without being arsed to read it for myself, what's happened, or alleged to have happened, in a nutshell?

The Telegraph did an investigation that's going to highlight that football is all about greedy people.  It's starting with Sam Allardyce but is pointing out that they'll be naming others over the week in an effort to get people to buy their papers.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The Telegraph did an investigation that's going to highlight that football is all about greedy people.  It's starting with Sam Allardyce but is pointing out that they'll be naming others over the week in an effort to get people to buy their papers.

Oh, and Jeremy Corbyn's media team are having a little celebration that something is taking them off most headline news coverage.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1. How we hate the right wind media on this forum.

2. Except when it delivers something like this that involved the hated soccer with all it's money, something that we hope is true, want to be true, expected to be true

3. .At least it spells an end to the stupid delusion that we are all innocent  until proven guilty.

4. You've only seen the bits that the Telegraph want you to see, edited in the way that the Telegraph have edited it.

5. You've not seen the bits they don't want you to see.

6. If in the end, he has transgressed sufficiently to merit his dismissal, then so be it. The rejoicing on here will know no bounds.

7. OK , now bring on the next victim.  Wiggins? Froome? The Pope? Well, that just about wraps it up for god, too!  BURN HIM !!!!!!

The bloke earns £3m a year, is probably very comfortable anyway and he is that greedy that he would risk his reputation, integrity and job for another £400K.

He'll get another job somewhere, might have to head to Spain or somewhere where corruption in football is a bit more open for a spell but I am sure he will find ways to keep busy.

If he gets the boot (and it looks very likely), he will at least depart the England job with a 100% win record.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1. How we hate the right wind media on this forum.

2. Except when it delivers something like this that involved the hated soccer with all it's money, something that we hope is true, want to be true, expected to be true

3. .At least it spells an end to the stupid delusion that we are all innocent  until proven guilty.

4. You've only seen the bits that the Telegraph want you to see, edited in the way that the Telegraph have edited it.

5. You've not seen the bits they don't want you to see.

6. If in the end, he has transgressed sufficiently to merit his dismissal, then so be it. The rejoicing on here will know no bounds.

7. OK , now bring on the next victim.  Wiggins? Froome? The Pope? Well, that just about wraps it up for god, too!  BURN HIM !!!!!!

I think that these 2 points are extremely valid.  I've not read up thoroughly on this so I may be wrong but it could change depending on the spin.

Allardyce was asked about how, from a managers point of view, to solve the problem of not being able to sign a 3rd party owned player.  He has answered how it is done.  Is it a loop-hole or is it a valid way of signing one of these players?

He was asked to give a talk (maybe a day's work?) about how to do this, for a considerable sum of money.  He accepted, as long as his employers were happy for him to do so.  Ok, he earns a fortune but this would be money for old rope, and IF he thought it was ok/legal, as he clearly did as he wasn't going to go behind the back of the FA, then plenty of people would be the same.

His comments about the players certainly didn't sound out of place with the opinions of many fans.  Don't care, lack of effort, mental block etc.  Ok, maybe he as manager shouldn't be saying this but surely no one was expecting Big Sam to play completely by the book and not ruffle some (footballing) feathers?

I don't think that his reffering to Roy as Woy has done him any favours at all however.  I can't really see a reason for him doing such a thing, especially in his role.

Third party ownership of players is a multi million pound money laundering system (amongst many other things). It's also banned.

What other things should we ignore so that sports people can win things?

Ey up ginge

When does the innocent until proven otherwise concept apply here?

The press in this country keep that bloody circle going

Archived