Four Nations tickets / kick offs (Merged threads)

Can anyone tell me when the tickets will be sent out to those who have already ordered them for the Four Nations matches?

I've tried the RFL, including their Twitter feed, but have yet to receive a reply. The ticketing web page offers only a premium rate telephone number.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

September at the earliest, I'd say

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Thanks guys - end of September/early October then.

I bought my tickets before they sold out.   :angel:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Im not buying mine till i see what squad bennett picks...one aussie,hodkinson,i can put up with.....4-5 and im done

Who are the non English candidates up to date Spud since Bennett got tbe job.

McQueen, Hodkinson, Josh Morriss, Brett Morriss, Heightington go on complete the list.

Like yourself, take the heart out of England I will be boycotting also.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

As ive said over on LU we have to be careful in not confusing the musings of steve mascord and take it as gospel as its what bennett is thinking..

Steve has a habit of making up his own narative and running with it as fact..

i'll give you two examples..

We know hodkinson sounded out playing for england cos he spoke to james graham about it,graham comfirms this..

Yet when james was asked on triple m a month or two ago about the morris twins james had no idea about it and said he thought it had been made up by the press..

I'll tell you exactly what happened...mascord discovered the twins had english heritage... AND RAN WITH IT

the GB tour that never happened a last year was entirely fabricated by mascord..he kept going at it because he thought it was a good idea,he admitted it to me on twitter,even though the RFL & ARLP killed it very early on...

In his home & away articles hes still pushing chris highington,however you spell it,as a england player!!

Like ive said before england RL & RFL need to be very careful about undoing all the hard work they've done promoting the england brand over the last 9 years..

We gonna lose the last fingernail we had on the lions brand too in a couple of weeks cos the GB olympic 7s team are using it...so our lions are extinct

So we need to protect the england RL brand at all costs

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

OK point taken, superficial journalism the main root of all the speculation, so is there some smoke without the fire?

As for Team GB Olympics, the British Lion was used for 2012 if I recall correctly.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

• 1 month later...

I've just bought some of my four nations tickets anyone know how sales are going? Looking forward to it, it's my favourite part of the season

Not far off two months to the start of the tournament and the top tiers at all grounds being used haven't yet been opened; sales can't be particularly great then is a valid assumption.

Not far off two months to the start of the tournament and the top tiers at all grounds being used haven't yet been opened; sales can't be particularly great then is a valid assumption.

I was just about to start a thread on the same topic. Honestly, are we spread that thin that we have to use this pathetic strategy? It's like the RFL sit with their fingers crossed and count the tickets sold in 5k chunks. It's like an app that unlocks new parts of the stadium when you find three golden stars.

I honestly think the RFL just don't have the staffing and infrastructure to sell more than xxxx amount of tickets. Hence the modest venues for much of the tournament.

If you were wowed at the prospect of England v Australia at the Olympic Stadium in 8 weeks time and went to the ticket site, what exactly would you think when you saw only a third of it for sale? I just don't understand it.

I was just about to start a thread on the same topic. Honestly, are we spread that thin that we have to use this pathetic strategy? It's like the RFL sit with their fingers crossed and count the tickets sold in 5k chunks. It's like an app that unlocks new parts of the stadium when you find three golden stars.

I honestly think the RFL just don't have the staffing and infrastructure to sell more than xxxx amount of tickets. Hence the modest venues for much of the tournament.

If you were wowed at the prospect of England v Australia at the Olympic Stadium in 8 weeks time and went to the ticket site, what exactly would you think when you saw only a third of it for sale? I just don't understand it.

Did you see the post on another thread (I think it was EastLondonMike) stating he was told by the advertising agency the RFL didn't spend any real money on promoting last year's game and relied on the usual fanbase to attend the fixture? Exactly the same is happening this year by the looks of it. Pathetic. 

Did you see the post on another thread (I think it was EastLondonMike) stating he was told by the advertising agency the RFL didn't spend any real money on promoting last year's game and relied on the usual fanbase to attend the fixture? Exactly the same is happening this year by the looks of it. Pathetic. 

Yes I did and was pretty furious. I just don't understand this strategy of selling small sections of a massive stadium (Anfield and OP) it looks really really bad. It is crying out we think we might get a #### crowd here - come if you feel like it.

My hunch is that there are cost implications for opening more sections and they are hedging their bets. If so, why the hell book 50k stadiums? It looks as though they are expecting ###### crowds. Awful.

I honestly this this cost us a few thousand off the Kiwi crowd at OP last year.

Agree regarding opening parts of stadiums. I personally like top tier for the view and will wait until last minute at Olympic Stadium hoping they open it before buying tickets.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Agree regarding opening parts of stadiums. I personally like top tier for the view and will wait until last minute at Olympic Stadium hoping they open it before buying tickets.

I'm with you mate and finding it so annoying this year. Last year I could understand caution as it was the Kiwis and the other mob were dominating the media but having got that big crowd (and surely seen a surge of sales once all cats opened) I can't believe I still can't buy the tickets I want.

The penny pinching RFL are relying on the same fanbase to buy tickets for these games after they've already been asked to dip into their pockets for the GF... they've no foresight for the bigger picture as they are a bunch of clowns interested in feathering their own nest and little empires in Red Hall.

The penny pinching RFL are relying on the same fanbase to buy tickets for these games after they've already been asked to dip into their pockets for the GF... they've no foresight for the bigger picture as they are a bunch of clowns interested in feathering their own nest and little empires in Red Hall.

Why don't you say what you really think lol

I dont have a massive issue with opening section by section, but we should be opening huge sections at a time to give plenty of choice and flixibility around price. Last year it was difficult at times to get certain areas, then you turn up to see thousands empty.

We got 44k for the kiwis last year, there should be at least 44k's worth of areas open for the Olympic Park game now as this should beat that.

The Wembley Semi was the one time they got this right.

The pre-edited version was even more cynical!

I can imagine England getting a win over the Kiwis and floods of tickets being sold after this on a wave of optimism. This also seems to be the RFL's (fingers crossed) policy for getting fans to Wembley and Old Trafford. Pretty sad.

What really cheeses me off this time is that we have a player known throughout the country (union and league) who is returning to international RL. God forbid if we had enough balls to build a marketing campaign around him.

I dont have a massive issue with opening section by section, but we should be opening huge sections at a time to give plenty of choice and flixibility around price. Last year it was difficult at times to get certain areas, then you turn up to see thousands empty.

We got 44k for the kiwis last year, there should be at least 44k's worth of areas open for the Olympic Park game now as this should beat that.

The Wembley Semi was the one time they got this right.

Yes, they could open sections at a time whilst ensuring they have all options available, this will look great for TV if done right and promote a good atmosphere i.e. Lower tier behind posts, down touch line, upper tier down side and behind posts. This could be done by only opening half the stadium. Although may impact costs to stage. But we need to back ourselves at some stage.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived