Dewsbury 32, Hunslet 20

Hawkwindbag

Well a many-fold improvement on the tripe we were served up in the last three games of the regular season. I'd go so far as to say in fact that one or two, Houston and Maun particularly, gave just about their best performance of the season. Reminded me a bit of those displays against Halifax, London and Featherstone a few weeks back, whereby we gave them the proverbial "something to think about" for long periods of the game, only to undo it all with a silly mistake, a lack of concentration, or a wrong option.

It may even have been enough to instill some self-belief and confidence in the camp that we can still yet get out of this mess ... certainly I would expect it to be good enough to beat Workington next match. But then I've said that a few times before this season ... and time and games are running out fast now.

Castle turned it around when he came on and we lost momentum when he had to go off again. Trout followed his lead as did one or two others. I thought Grimshaw looked better than he has done so far but he's hardly played so you can't expect him to be in tip top condition as everybody else has had 4 months longer preparation. Forgot about Backhouse who looked almost unstoppable when he came on. A much better performance despite the usual refereeing decisions we get at Dewsbury. How none of the officials could see two spear tackles and two shoulder charges is beyond me. If they wanted to see them!

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Castle turned it around when he came on and we lost momentum when he had to go off again. Trout followed his lead as did one or two others. I thought Grimshaw looked better than he has done so far but he's hardly played so you can't expect him to be in tip top condition as everybody else has had 4 months longer preparation. Forgot about Backhouse who looked almost unstoppable when he came on. A much better performance despite the usual refereeing decisions we get at Dewsbury. How none of the officials could see two spear tackles and two shoulder charges is beyond me. If they wanted to see them!

Spear tackles?do you actually know what a Spear tackle is? Don't get me started about the ref!! He penalised us 4 times for offside,obviously you weren't offside all game,forward passes that he let go,slowing the ptb down.You played well,pity you haven't played Castle & Backhouse more this season, who knows you may well have picked up more victory's!!!

Thanks for calling me Mr Fisher.

I was under impression that a Spear tackle was when you lifted the the player upside down then driving his head into the ground whilst keeping hold of him,didn't see that,but maybe I'm biased like we all are when it comes to our teams. I will agree on one thing though,Gareth Hewer is a disgrace, tbh name me a good one.

Archived