Premier Sports appear to have binned Pacific Tests - Gutted?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these matches being televised at all, even in Australia? They don't show up on the LiveStream site either. My guess is that there's a hitch somewhere further upstream and PS have just rescheduled according to availability.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's terrible, no jillaroos as well. Was really looking forward to see png play as well

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

It may be that Fox won't agree terms with Premier Sports?  I must say I was surprised not to see the matches as they showed them last season but which channel in Australia showed them last season?

It may be that Fox won't agree terms with Premier Sports? I must say I was surprised not to see the matches as they showed them last season but which channel in Australia showed them last season?

they were on until yesterday i had set them to record.

i think premier sports have decided to take their ball home..they've got wind that they've no chance of winning the tv rights next time around so they's started to lose interest...christ brisbane v souths wasn't even live a couple of weeks ago,its hit or miss whether we get pre game coverage some times choosing instead to show 15-20 mins of adverts..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Just be on the live chat on the Premier Sports web site. This is what I got back. If you want to vent and give them a spew go on http://www.premiersports.com/ and just click the live chat on the bottom right. Absolutely gutted!

"We have not been able to secure the rights for the game at the last minute due to circumstances beyond our control, this is why the game have been removed from the schedule."

This makes no sense. Fox is already supplying 120+ NRL games, why not throw these 2 games in with the deal? Outside the 4 countries involved, where are these other networks making huge competing bids?

Things like this should be a high priority for the RLIF, if they are a real thing.

How did Fox get the rights to these internationals? I assume the RLIF sold the rights?

Actually, in a very rare nod to any Murdoch outfit, I think the Pacific Tests were largely driven by Fox about 3 years ago with the Tonga/Samoa game. Otherwise they had no RL content for this weekend. I think they approached the relevant bodies who said "as long as it doesn't cost us anything, go right ahead."

That first Tonga/Samoa game at Penrith got 10K and a good TV audience so I think the various governing bodies decided to endorse it.

Actually, in a very rare nod to any Murdoch outfit, I think the Pacific Tests were largely driven by Fox about 3 years ago with the Tonga/Samoa game. Otherwise they had no RL content for this weekend. I think they approached the relevant bodies who said "as long as it doesn't cost us anything, go right ahead."

That first Tonga/Samoa game at Penrith got 10K and a good TV audience so I think the various governing bodies decided to endorse it.

Sounds a good way to organise an international sport.

How many international teams are playing at home this weekend? How can I find the fixtures? 

It's just a load of Aussie lads running round on some fields in Australia.

The international game is going backwards outside of teh World Cup.

Yup.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've just cancelled my subscription to Premier for this very reason, it smacks of a SKYesque decision and if they are showing a Rugby Union game in its stead then that's even worse.

I made sure they knew I was a Rugby League fan who was cancelling because of their decision to remove the Pacific Rugby League Test matches from their schedule.

Sounds a good way to organise an international sport.

How many international teams are playing at home this weekend? How can I find the fixtures? 

The international game is going backwards outside of teh World Cup.

I agree too but there are 2 points here:

- if you relied on the Tonga, Fiji and Samoa RLs to organise anything you would never see those teams play again. Look at that Samoa tour of England a few years back. Know what happened there? Nobody does. The Samoa RL gave no explanation and they don't publish an Annual Report so we have no idea what happened to the RLIF money they were advanced for that tour.

- the Samoa/Tonga game features 1 Tongan-born player v 2 Samoan-born players. These "RL-playing nations" like Samoa, Tonga and Cooks are just as artificial as Scotland and Ireland. I'd happily ditch them but I'm probably in the minority.

Playing in OZ makes financial sense because it saves a lot of airfares and it guarantees TV coverage. There's no way any OZ network will send the full crew to any Pacific country. Even in the Kiwis team, there's only 1 non-OZ-based player.

3 - the Kangaroos, Jillaroos and Junior Kangaroos. The fixtures and teams are all on the International Section on this forum.

Things like this should be a high priority for the RLIF, if they are a real thing.

How did Fox get the rights to these internationals? I assume the RLIF sold the rights?

The NRL sold them cos it was their idea.....

Plus the only rights the rlif own are the world cup rights..hence them organising the fed cup thing

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

The NRL sold them cos it was their idea.....

Plus the only rights the rlif own are the world cup rights..hence them organising the fed cup thing

Isn't the NRL an Australian Club Competition?

Kato Ottio has barely arrived in Canberra... hardly an Australian running around some field. Same for most of his team mates. 

Semi R is a Fijian playing for Australia. I'm sure he'd tell you he isn't Australian.

Kiwi team has lots of Kiwis.

I'm sure many others identify themselves by their parents' homeland or the community they live amongst ... it's incidental to them that the community is in western Sydney.

Archived