Munich Terrorism

Might not be islamic, might be homegrown.  Sketchy reports?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Where you getting the report from BR?

Bits and pieces on twitter and some news feeds.

Footage of a gunman on a carpark roof having a slanging match with a (brave) local.  

But it is sketchy and Islamic terrorism is a likely conclusion at this stage.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Bits and pieces on twitter and some news feeds.

Footage of a gunman on a carpark roof having a slanging match with a (brave) local.

But it is sketchy and Islamic terrorism is a likely conclusion at this stage.

Islamic terrorism could be homegrown as per here...

Very brave individual confronting someone with no doubt an automatic rifle.

Islamic terrorism could be homegrown as per here...

Very brave individual confronting someone with no doubt an automatic rifle.

I meant 'domestic' rather than homegrown, bad use of language by me, sorry.

Looks like a pistol rather than a rifle, but reports are still confused on numbers (of attackers).

Other reports mention 'Allah akbar' etc so at this stage its confused.

I meant 'domestic' rather than homegrown, bad use of language by me, sorry.

Looks like a pistol rather than a rifle, but reports are still confused on numbers (of attackers).

Other reports mention 'Allah akbar' etc so at this stage its confused.

Ah right - understood! These incidents are always confusing apart from the poor sods who have been killed and injured; still a brave individual confronting anyone with a weapon.

Interesting development on the BBC website, the live news feed has removed pictures and comments about the security operations taking place after an appeal by those forces. In the modern age, I can't remember that happening before with TV cameras glued on police and other security officials conducting operations. From a personal perspective, good to see.

Scary. Know the area well. Shopping Center is near the Olympia Stadium. In Munich Area right now and people are shocked and struggling with this, especially as 3 gunmen arestill around. Munich is one of Europe Safes cities.I am in shock, but scared for the future. Atmosphere is very tense and people very much on edle with Würzburg and now this attack in Munich in Under a week.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was less than 3 gunmen.  Reports/echoes etc confuse everyone.

Interesting development on the BBC website, the live news feed has removed pictures and comments about the security operations taking place after an appeal by those forces. In the modern age, I can't remember that happening before with TV cameras glued on police and other security officials conducting operations. From a personal perspective, good to see.

Its been mentioned a lot recently especially with the rise of live 'apps' (periscope, Facebook, etc).  It means live footage comes out faster than ever before.

Its been mentioned a lot recently especially with the rise of live 'apps' (periscope, Facebook, etc). It means live footage comes out faster than ever before.

Usually though it's filmed by someone with the camera skills of a drunk Elephant.

Usually though it's filmed be someone with the camera skills of a drunk Elephant.

Filming in portrait still gets me.

Though to be fair, its hard to keep a camera still without a tripod on a good day, never mind when someone is shooting.

Filming in portrait still gets me.

Though to be fair, its hard to keep a camera still without a tripod on a good day, never mind when someone is shooting.

I can never understand why people would be hanging around filming while there are bullets whizzing round. They obviously have no idea what harm a stray one could do to them.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I can never understand why people would be hanging around filming while there are bullets whizzing round. They obviously have no idea what harm a stray one could do to them.

I remember the first time I got shot at quite vividly; the rounds were zipping over my head and my first reaction was "oh someone is shooting at me" rather than hitting the deck for protection (was inside a base at the time). It took me a little to realise what the was going so I guess my point is to the uninitiated, someone shooting is a surreal experience and people can react in strange ways. I personally reacted very differently when shot at again...

Its been mentioned a lot recently especially with the rise of live 'apps' (periscope, Facebook, etc). It means live footage comes out faster than ever before.

It does and causes the security forces loads of dramas... nice to see the BBC cooperating.

It does and causes the security forces loads of dramas... nice to see the BBC cooperating.

But without the footage you couldn't all claim to of been on the balcony.

Police saying it was a lone gunman.

18 year old German/Iranian.  Motive not yet known.

Iranians tend to be the wrong type of muslim for IS?

18 year old German/Iranian.  Motive not yet known.

Iranians tend to be the wrong type of muslim for IS?

Not sure it matters really whether they were adherents to IS or not.  We don't yet know the motive and so we can't yet determine whether being a Muslim had anything to do with his killing spree or not.  IS appear to attract Muslims of all nationalities.

New Day, but still Hard to come to Terms with this. Life goes on, but things are Not the Same and never will be. Each event adds to the change in our live. Calls for more cctv and police are strong at Mo. But it doesnt stop events happening. Such attacks by Terrorist or lone gunmen are happening at Regular Intervals, and nobody has an answer How to stop it. The World is in a mess in many ways. We go back to our normal life, until the next incident. We just hope nobody we Know is a victim. The Experts keep searching for answers, that nobody has, as to stop such incidents.

Archived