Hello & Goodbye

Hi All

Decided to stop using this forum must be nearly 3 years ago because the mods let some of the usual clowns get away with murder. Well my club today as sunk one of your so called big teams and I couldn't resist posting on this propaganda forum.

Wonder if Mr Sadler can give us some credit tomorrow or will he be dribbling over Toronto's business plan.

Featherstone Roverls RLFC will not go away.

UTR

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

Hi All

Decided to stop using this forum must be nearly 3 years ago because the mods let some of the usual clowns get away with murder. Well my club today as sunk one of your so called big teams and I couldn't resist posting on this propaganda forum.

Draw a line under it Ian.

It was a great result for Fev today. Not least because it has been another financial stricken season. Getting in the top 4 will help out no end with the battle. Rather than spouting and boasting we should just be thankful the club will keep its head above water after a good run of results.

Hi All

Wonder if Mr Sadler can give us some credit tomorrow or will he be dribbling over Toronto's business plan.

Featherstone Roverls RLFC will not go away.

UTR

Take a break.  It is not good to spend so much time on a forum that you get emotionally involved and agitated at people not writing what you want them to.  It is better not to make a big thing of it in case you want to come back without looking like a drama queen.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Take a break.  It is not good to spend so much time on a forum that you get emotionally involved and agitated at people not writing what you want them to.  It is better not to make a big thing of it in case you want to come back without looking like a drama queen.

I know what he means though.   There does (did) seem to be an anti Fev agenda on here. None of the SL posters seem to want Fev to thrive, despite their famous exploits in the past.  They are firmly of the opinion that the past is where Fev belong. Perhaps they agree with Lindsay that we are "dross."  Well I'm happy we've qualified for the middle 8's.  TBH that'll do for me.  For now.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I know what he means though. There does (did) seem to be an anti Fev agenda on here. None of the SL posters seem to want Fev to thrive, despite their famous exploits in the past. They are firmly of the opinion that the past is where Fev belong. Perhaps they agree with Lindsay that we are "dross." Well I'm happy we've qualified for the middle 8's. TBH that'll do for me. For now.

i never find a collective agenda on here but from time to time you do get groups of a clubs fans that turn the general poster against a club.

A section of Fev fans have in the past acted aggressively and smugly when things looked good and they took stick for it.

Not unlike Leigh now with a section of their fans.

I have seen it on a smaller scale with my team where for a while you couldnt post anything about Warrington due to Wendall and his lust for glamour.

Bradford have received plenty of stick.

Wakey have never been popular.

And so on.

There is usually a reason if teams are on the receiving end of stick here. I suggest the OP here shows perhaps why some took a dislike to Fev...

Not sure what to do with this thread, tbh.

Can't win either way.

Lock it and I'm a biased Bulls fans stifling free speech.

Leave it open and I'm turning a blind eye to trolling.

I'm on deadline with RL World today so can't give it much thought.

I'm turning it over to the forum to decide.

If you think it should be locked, use the report button to let me know (don't post reasons on here).

If you think it should stay open, they post something constructive and within the T&Cs and there'll be no reason to lock it! ;)

No. I dont want any club to fail.

Caisley's more than insensitive comments 20 years ago and the howls of support he got from northern/bulls fan im rather embarrassed to say, has been ringing in my earoyles since the oaf utter his "not in the same breath as my club" comments.

Yes it was several administrations ago.

Yes anyone under 30 wont have a clue what my ramblings are about.

I thought last night id want to ram those words down the throat of every bradford fan i could communicate with.

As it is i was more content - well, as high as a kite after winning a game of such importance so emphatically, gloat mode hardly registered.

Chuffed with fev.

But unlike fev and all other clubs who experienced the franchise system and were all but shut out and fed scraps, bradford do now have a way back at least....

The championship is an unforgiving place. The competition is as fierce as you'll get.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I can well understand you being happy that Fev won, why wouldn't you be. But come on holding fans responsible for the chairmans comments?

The way back for Bradford involves....money, just like under the licensing system, except there's nobody interested.

I remember the events well from 20 years ago and the subsequent despair at the licencing system. I remember (some) notthern fans taking the P and supporting the then bradfords chairman to the hilt. Rather childishly, i have been unable to let those comments pass.... or so i thought.

However, last nights elation superceeds any need to gloat. It felt like sharpy has helped me find closure to an episode which most bradford fans will not remember or werent even around to engage back then. After all these years i always thought id go ape with bradford fans at such an event as yesterday. As it happens i didnt feel the need to. Its kind of a none event now.

I dont want to see bradford go down the gary glitter. In the same way i hope york are reborn and thrive.

Getting relegated.... drop into the lower teir etc happens. thats sport.

I can well understand you being happy that Fev won, why wouldn't you be. But come on holding fans responsible for the chairmans comments?

Exactly. I also know there are plenty of Bulls fans who at the time completely disagreed with the utter drivel Caisley could come out with. Sadly forums et al weren't as big back then. As I said to another Fev fan, if you have an issue with Caisley, get to the back of the queue!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Rugby is a funny game in the present era , leeds and Bradford are great examples .

The highs and lows .

Leeds winning everything to struggling and Bradford missing out on the million pound game last year to what has transpired this year .

Let's give credit to the other clubs who have equipped themselves better this year both on and off the field .

There is a way back John.

Yes ok... im the same. Im of an age where other things in life are important...

But when you've got over the disappointment and got your head round the immediate and medium term future, your club will still be there.

I've had 20 years of it john. Once i had a few years of foot stamping and dummy spiting, i actually got to enjoying my rugby..... i hope you will to.

I remember the events well from 20 years ago and the subsequent despair at the licencing system. I remember (some) notthern fans taking the P and supporting the then bradfords chairman to the hilt. Rather childishly, i have been unable to let those comments pass.... or so i thought.

However, last nights elation superceeds any need to gloat. It felt like sharpy has helped me find closure to an episode which most bradford fans will not remember or werent even around to engage back then. After all these years i always thought id go ape with bradford fans at such an event as yesterday. As it happens i didnt feel the need to. Its kind of a none event now.

I dont want to see bradford go down the gary glitter. In the same way i hope york are reborn and thrive.

Getting relegated.... drop into the lower teir etc happens. thats sport.

You could argue that under licensing Fev would now be in Super League as they were ticking every single box at the time while others were imploding.

As a Fev fan I am thrilled we have made the middle 8s but in terms of promotion to the top flight we are further away than we have ever been in this current system. Let's face it, we have scraped into 4th spot in the Championship. It will net us some nice cash and a couple of nostalgic home games but nothing more. I am more content that the cash will probably keep the club afloat.

You could argue that under licensing Fev would now be in Super League as they were ticking every single box at the time while others were imploding.

As a Fev fan I am thrilled we have made the middle 8s but in terms of promotion to the top flight we are further away than we have ever been in this current system. Let's face it, we have scraped into 4th spot in the Championship. It will net us some nice cash and a couple of nostalgic home games but nothing more. I am more content that the cash will probably keep the club afloat.

aye.... so am i.

Unless we get a del beaumont sort, SL will remain a dream. If feisal nahaboo had the kind of wad he suggested he had, as we all hoped was the case, fev (might) have been in a position to challenge the mpg.

Given the impact of yesterdays game on the clubs finances and the benefits of the big 3 home games, the med term future is assured.

In regards to the OP (stroppy as it sounded)  I only saw one team congratulated by Mr Sadler on twitter around tea time yesterday.............granted Fev aren't as sexy as Batley  :tongue:

Congrats to @BatleyRLFC and to John Kear for making the Qualifiers. Best wishes to all their fans. Another notch on the Kear coaching record

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Archived