What's going on up there?.

moorside roughyed

Been reading about coach's leaving etc.Things been said on other forums regarding the financial situation at Haven.I know we are rivals and all potentially up for relegation but I still don't like it when clubs are genuinely struggling.Can anyone shed any light as it's been awfully quiet on this forum as of late.

James coyle was sacked assistant gary broadbent stepped down as for financial issues newts been mentioned up here but who knows as for being quiet on here we have our own fans forum which is a lot busier than most forums on here . It's havenfans that's the name of the forum

James coyle was sacked assistant gary broadbent stepped down as for financial issues newts been mentioned up here but who knows as for being quiet on here we have our own fans forum which is a lot busier than most forums on here . It's havenfans that's the name of the forum

i think your money problems will be a major issue next season mate, your main man certainly wont be putting much coin in next year.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Pot & Kettle comes to mind.

town are skint, i know that, so does everyone else, but there wont be anywhere near as much money being pumped into haven by your board and thats a fact. Even less so if your in championship 1. And this isnt a dig in the slightest as both clubs are in a sorry state at present and with the lack of money in the area its not going to get any better in the near future if ever.

town are skint, i know that, so does everyone else, but there wont be anywhere near as much money being pumped into haven by your board and thats a fact. Even less so if your in championship 1. And this isnt a dig in the slightest as both clubs are in a sorry state at present and with the lack of money in the area its not going to get any better in the near future if ever.

What is it that makes people so apathetic to another team that it actually lessens any chance for them to enjoy a bit of success?

Your two sides are both struggling and it would take a real optimist to be able to see that coming to an end.

Hating a team 8 miles away will never make your team a success

Bite the bullet, and get behind one team.

Now, where did I put that flak jacket and tin hat?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

What is it that makes people so apathetic to another team that it actually lessens any chance for them to enjoy a bit of success?

Your two sides are both struggling and it would take a real optimist to be able to see that coming to an end.

2 teams or 1 it dosent make a blind bit of difference. Theres no money for rl up here, simple as that. Although if we can get a win sunday then away at a poor swinton side then who knows what the future holds. Especially with a new board coming in.

I think the time for a merger has long gone,pro rugby in West Cumbria is at an all time low with a few hundred ageing supporters watching 2 poor teams with little hope of competing at championship level and with the RFL showing no interest in developing the game up here.

It seems that rugby league in the lower leagues is indeed in a pretty sorry state in general. I didn't mean to start a debate, it's just that read some stuff that insinuated that a club was in trouble. This is of as great concern to me as I love the game in general.

Good point Wonky.The likes of York,Sheffield is not good news for the game at all.We need our clubs to prosper but this isn't happening at all.It would seem that the golden carrot of superleague is too much for some clubs to ignore. How in the name of God can Sheffield with the crowds that they get support a full time squad. It doesn't make sense to me.

the likes of town , haven , york and sheffield are of no importance to the rfl , they have their sites set on super league and teams in other areas and on other shores.what they don t understand is that rugby league is only as strong as its weaker clubs . you can t build from the top down , it doesn t work . with every year of super league more and more teams are made up of overseas players who are no better than the players we already have . quite a lot of our better players now can t wait to try their luck in australia , which in itself weakens the british game .crowds are dropping throughout rugby league , and the rfl are doing nothing to stop it ! 

Agreed Ivans82. The powers that be couldn't give two hoots about lower league rugby.I'm obviously a roughyeds fan,just think of all the players that have come from Oldham down the years-Sinfield, Sculthorpe,Jordan Turner,Kyle Eastmond and so forth.Every sport should be built from the bottom up not the other way around. When eventually the inevitable happens it will be too late,the rfl in their ivory towers at Red hall.As far as they're concerned rugby league doesn't exist outside superleague. And just think they used to call Union elitest. At least the rfu does contribute towards their community and lower league clubs.(Rant over)

• 1 month later...

Well it seems Haven have started their squad rebuilding early and look to be assembling a pretty good squad combining some travellers with a higher number of locals and of course the club is now being castigated by a few jam fans for buying mediocre players of which some are ex town players,for huge amounts of money,which is pure fantasy.

The future looks very bright for haven

Well with another local amateur signing this morning we finally look to have our recruitment policy sorted,good mix of travellers/locals.

Things are looking a lot more positive at the club and it will be good to have a full squad assembled for the start of preseason for a change.

1 Burns

2 calvert

3 Jessie/Maudling

4 Taylor/Holliday

5 Miller

6 Crook

7 Roper

8 Forster

9 Newton

10 Shacks

11 Allen

12Tilley

13 Dion

14Hollond

15Olstrum

16 Armstrong

17Quinn

Pretty strong team that. Would like another prop Ted chappelhow would be nice on season loan & Ince.

Any news on Carberry he looked good back end of the season.

Very strong squad this year if we can hit the straps early on fancy our chances but the fans need to back the club not stay away and recently the club has given no reason for people to stay away best squad for years

Think there will be a new fan base with the locals signed

Hopefully,the clubs efforts to secure a good squad with greater emphasis on local players deserves the fans backing.

I see the goon squad next door are rolling out the old excuses for our superior recruitment,bitter&twisted.

Hopefully,the clubs efforts to secure a good squad with greater emphasis on local players deserves the fans backing.

I see the goon squad next door are rolling out the old excuses for our superior recruitment,bitter&twisted.

They are just so predictable

Archived