the play offs

Its c r a p

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

By definition, the best team is the one at the top of the comp after 23 rounds.

So thanks for your kind thoughts.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Its c r a p

Well we will have to differ, like the O.P. I am quite looking forward to them, if you don't like it stay at home, I am sure that the DW will get along fine with an empty seat, that is assuming you do attend matches and are not one of those who complain without putting in!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Well we will have to differ, like the O.P. I am quite looking forward to them, if you don't like it stay at home, I am sure that the DW will get along fine with an empty seat, that is assuming you do attend matches and are not one of those who complain without putting in!

I attend many matches, and even ones that Wigan are not  involved in. I also give my time and and skills freely to the amateur game. So basically you can go F yourself.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

thats the spirit.

Its my opinion, would you sooner I lied.

Its my opinion, would you sooner I lied.

well seeing as you werent actually asked what you thought of it your comment was unnecessary, so no need to lie.

The thread was about some great playoff games. It took to post 2 for Northern misery to shine through.

Im looking forward to seeing Sky's schedule for this period as there should be some very good clashes.

Its going to be very good, all the teams bar Catalans are on a roll at the moment, possibly Wakey running out of players, only one left on the bench in the second half against the tigers

The middles are going to be thunderous, some big scalps to be had and if Leigh get a good run instead of SL opposition in the first 3 matches, they should pose a real threat  - million pound game will be a corker this year

And Toulouse on the way up if they stay in form- brilliant

Have to say I'm definitely liking this structure. Just when I would be taking my eye off some of the teams as the season would be effectively over for them we have a reset with some intense games at the top and some fascinating fixtures in the middle 8's.

It definitely reignites the season for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

By definition, the best team is the one at the top of the comp after 23 rounds.

So thanks for your kind thoughts.

no its not.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

well seeing as you werent actually asked what you thought of it your comment was unnecessary, so no need to lie.

The thread was about some great playoff games. It took to post 2 for Northern misery to shine through.

Im looking forward to seeing Sky's schedule for this period as there should be some very good clashes.

Sorry I didn't realise you had to be invited to comment.  

Sorry I didn't realise you had to be invited to comment.

by asking whether i wanted you to lie suggests you had to comment and the only alternative was to lie.

It wasnt. You chose to go out of your way to trash it. Your prerogative, crack on.

I attend many matches, and even ones that Wigan are not  involved in. I also give my time and and skills freely to the amateur game. So basically you can go F yourself.

What a nice man, hope those amateurs are open age.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

That's the spirit.  ;)

McNally HIgson Hayne Tonga Brown Riddy Drinkwater Weston Higham Moimoi Patterson Maitua Hock Subs Acton Hanson Burns Tickle

That will compete very well in the 8's, cannot wait

Would definatly have Smithy on the bench for Burns,

OK I'll bite as it seems no one else is doing....the N°3 on your team?

And if we did get him, Worthington would have to have the nod over Tonga, he is in recent weeks playing his best Rugby since joining the club, and was the best of the two centres today. In my opinion.

Well, this has turned into a fantastic thread hasn't it?

So after the disaster that was the pre season predictions, anyone care to have a guess at how this is all going to pan out?

The top 3 look secure, and will fight amongst themselves for the LLS. Whoever doesn't reach the CC final must have a slight advantage here. Hull play both Wigan and Wire at home, if they can win both then it's hard to see them not finishing top.

Fourth looks like Saints to lose now. Catalans appear to have imploded and I can't see where their next win is coming from. That said, a few weeks ago we were saying the same thing in reverse and no one really thought the top 4 could be challenged.

Widnes are probably the best of the rest, Castleford and Wakey will cause a shock or two, but with the players they have out they will probably just limp home now. They have done their jobs by getting in the 8.

Leigh would appear to be the only team that can go up. No disrespect to the others, but I can't see them turning over a SL team. I'd be amazed if Leeds get dragged in to trouble. I would say Hull KR are perhaps the most vulnerable. I think the SL teams will all prevail in the end though. Leigh are good enough on paper, but they aren't used to that intensity week after week.

Warrington

Hull

Wigan

Saints

Catalans

Widnes

Wakefield

Cas

Leeds

Salford

Huddersfield

Hull KR

Leigh

Featherstone

London

Batley

Would definatly have Smithy on the bench for Burns,

OK I'll bite as it seems no one else is doing....the N°3 on your team?

And if we did get him, Worthington would have to have the nod over Tonga, he is in recent weeks playing his best Rugby since joining the club, and was the best of the two centres today. In my opinion.

Worthington over Tonga????? , that so called lobby you guys eat must be corroding your already small brain.....!!

Worthington over Tonga????? , that so called lobby you guys eat must be corroding your already small brain.....!!

Great first post.  :rolleyes:

Ah another, who has the benefit of train of thought,

Last season and the early part of this that would have been how I would have seen it, but unlike you, I have the benefit of seeing them play, and I stick by the theory that you are only as good as your last match, Yesterday Tonga's first game since the beginning of the season lost the ball on his first three carries, Worthington was dominant throughout and has been the last few weeks.

I would prefer to play a form player than one who gets selected on reputation,

I did that when I owned a factory in Leeds but I needed to trial quite a few before I found enough who made the grade.

Archived