Good coaching appointment by the Rhinos

Only time will tell!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

We need halves/backs as coaches..all these forwards as head coaches do not advance our game :(

Absolutely agree. We have a lack of creativity in the UK game largely due to this being coached out by clubs led by former forwards.

Then please don't quote Sean Long at Saints as an example of helping to initiate attacking flair lol.

And if we have halves/backs as the majority in coaching positions someone would be moaning about not enough forwards coaching in the game.

Good appointment by Leeds.

It's great how some think the head coach actually do all the coaching at clubs!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

How is it a good appointment? He's never coached before, he might be rubbish at it.

Also lol at the people talking about needing more half back coaches for 'creativity'. You people don't have a clue.

It takes the focus off hetherington for repeat errors over the last year or so

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. One bad season and they are "on the slide".A future in comedy awaits you.

FWIW I am a Leeds fan, even the most ardent Leeds fans would admit the team appears to be in decline, not sure why you can't see this?

FWIW I am a Leeds fan, even the most ardent Leeds fans would admit the team appears to be in decline, not sure why you can't see this?

i have supported Leeds since 1970s   ...the last decade has been sweet music to my ears the end of  2015   was like the final gig ....it had to end at some point..it is a rebuilding process that will take time.  Some fans wanted both JP n  Sir Kev to coach ..yet neither had coaching experience nor the inclination to get involved.  Moz was a legend for Leeds his experience over the years  will I hope prove invalid , I  no doubt he will be able to ask other coaches for advice if needed.  For me it is passing his skills onto the academy players which is key.... JJB, Burrow n Ablett all had success with U16s  so no reason why Moz can't with the academy. More importantly once he n the team have nurtured the talent that he tells GH to stop selling them.  My only concerns for next season Segareyo situation not resolved before Xmas...Galloway not coming back before February from injury ..took him long enough to settle in first time round...i   not expecting top 4  but neither the disaster of last season  :) 

Then please don't quote Sean Long at Saints as an example of helping to initiate attacking flair lol.

He did OK with Samoa in the '13 WC, and more so in the 4 Nations in '14, perhaps it could be another of those 'forrerds' holding him back at Sints?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Hasn't Morley been doing some coaching at Oldham St.Annes, or am I confusing him with someone else?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Surely when it comes to coaching a team its about a team of coaches. Yep a head coach but he will have certain strong area's that he should complement with others.

I would have thought bringing along Academy players isn't just about the skills, it will also be about attitude, resilience, winning mentality, etc and other things.   Even if Morley hasn't the full set of skills he certain had other aspects that helped him to the pinnacle of a RL career.

I would hope that any Academy set-up will have a group of skills coaches that compliments the head coach focus area's.

Surely when it comes to coaching a team its about a team of coaches. Yep a head coach but he will have certain strong area's that he should complement with others.

I would have thought bringing along Academy players isn't just about the skills, it will also be about attitude, resilience, winning mentality, etc and other things.   Even if Morley hasn't the full set of skills he certain had other aspects that helped him to the pinnacle of a RL career.

I would hope that any Academy set-up will have a group of skills coaches that compliments the head coach focus area's.

He had those aspects personally, doesn't mean he's able to communicate them effectively or help others to replicate that. There's more to coaching than just shouting "go on lad" or "do what I used to do", which I don't think a lot of fans really understand.

He had those aspects personally, doesn't mean he's able to communicate them effectively or help others to replicate that. There's more to coaching than just shouting "go on lad" or "do what I used to do", which I don't think a lot of fans really understand.

well of course but whose to say he doesn't or isn't able to. It wasn't me suggesting it is about "go on lad" or do what I used to".

I personally don't know what his strongest points are, my point was that all aspects are covered by a team not one man.   

Of course time will tell whether he has the organizing, motivational and team (as in coaching team) building qualities to name but a few that go with the head coach role.

Archived