Mayfield v Brow

Correct Noddy, but all leave was cancelled this week because of last weeks industrial action, don't forget they have to leave Wath Brow at 2.30pm for these night games, especially when their opponents don't have floodlights.

Have mayfield got floodlights or is it another 34 mins each way with a 5 min half time like the Thatto match a few weeks ago.

The worst thing here was that Wath Brow actually played at home against Egremont the Saturday following the Thatto game surely common sense dictates the derby against Egremont should have been the midweek game, Thatto didn't have a game on the Saturday.

The worst thing here was that Wath Brow actually played at home against Egremont the Saturday following the Thatto game surely common sense dictates the derby against Egremont should have been the midweek game, Thatto didn't have a game on the Saturday.

Wath Brow asked the NCL if they could do that,the NCL agreed,Egremont wouldn't ! And the league said it couldn't enforce the switch in fixtures.

Wath Brow asked the NCL if they could do that,the NCL agreed,Egremont wouldn't ! And the league said it couldn't enforce the switch in fixtures.

The league have enforced a switch in fixtures in the past,  and as the governing body in my opinion should have done so in this instance,

Bring back Mr reliable Dave Lowes, he was always there to help and give a answer, even if it was one didn't want to hear, this new clown (DS) couldn't organise a raffle in a car, but saying that the NCL committee don't seem to be as hands on as they were a few years ago, they also seem to be bowing a bit to their masters at red hall.

In our one and only season in the premier division we (Eccles) were made to play away at Wath Brow on a Wednesday night in the first week of the season, and they don't have floodlights.

Made too? Or did you not ask Wath Brow to change it and it's a bit different playing midweek in August than September with no flood lights , but totally agree teams should not be expected to travel that far. Thiat would have been Wath Brows 2 nd away trip ( but will still have to go back to Mayfield midweek )

In our one and only season in the premier division we (Eccles) were made to play away at Wath Brow on a Wednesday night in the first week of the season, and they don't have floodlights.

Made too? Or did you not ask Wath Brow to change it and it's a bit different playing midweek in August than September with no flood lights , but totally agree teams should not be expected to travel that far. Thiat would have been Wath Brows 2 nd away trip ( but will still have to go back to Mayfield midweek )

Its ridiculous to expect an amateur team to travel all that way,win the game and then travel the 4 hours plus back home and then go to work the next day? Could the solution be to trim the Premier division to 10 teams instead of 12 which frees up a couple of Saturdays so teams can catch up if they have a successful cup run?

2 teams were dropped from the premier league to lessen the fixture overload, and of course the switch to summer meaning there would be no names lost to weather problems and plenty of SATURDAYS to play backlog games, or midweek games against LOCAL clubs, i still can't get my head around Brow travelling to Thatto midweek then playing Egremont on the Saturday with Thatto having no game on that same Saturday, common sense has to dictate those games should have been the other way around.

2 teams were dropped from the premier league to lessen the fixture overload, and of course the switch to summer meaning there would be no names lost to weather problems and plenty of SATURDAYS to play backlog games, or midweek games against LOCAL clubs, i still can't get my head around Brow travelling to Thatto midweek then playing Egremont on the Saturday with Thatto having no game on that same Saturday, common sense has to dictate those games should have been the other way around.

It was Wath Brow's choice not to travel to Thatto on the 22nd Aug as they had an Anniversary Dinner taking place and needed the local fixture that day. We offered an early kick off but they still wouldn't have made it on time. 

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

It was Wath Brow's choice not to travel to Thatto on the 22nd Aug as they had an Anniversary Dinner taking place and needed the local fixture that day. We offered an early kick off but they still wouldn't have made it on time.

Dont think so.

Archived