Richard Moores attempted big hit!

Chris_T

Old journey man Richard Moore no match for Rowe he gets beter every year

Richard Moore has been a fantastic player for us and has been very good again this season, he managed to get some big hits in yesterday and yes came off second best after the attempt on Rowe but still got up with a smile on his face. Im sure Rowe would have put in some hits of his own if he could get there before been 3rd man in. :tongue:

Richard Moore has been a fantastic player for us and has been very good again this season, he managed to get some big hits in yesterday and yes came off second best after the attempt on Rowe but still got up with a smile on his face. Im sure Rowe would have put in some hits of his own if he could get there before been 3rd man in. :tongue:

If you're going to put in a cheap jibe, TBO, please do it in a grammatically correct manner.

"... if he could get there before being third man in."

:tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Some tired bodies after 70 minutes yesterday and a real tough encounter between two very evenly matched teams. I thought Moore got what he deserved messing with Rettie, if you recall he did the same at the Mount when he was a Bulldog and Rettie a Fax player, and Rettie got sent off for a head-butt :blackeye:  

I hope Chandlers OK after his bang on the head and Chris U too! One thing that might slow our rise to SL :danced:  is too many injuries and not having enough bodies :roulette:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

sour grapes , blue ox

Not sure why you think that. I thought Batley deserved the win as they were probably just about the better team, yes they didnt make as many clean breaks as us but showed a lot more composure than us on the whole. I said at half time I just couldnt see us winning the game, Batley look a very good team and really my only gripe was the disallowed try that might have just settled us down a bit in a time in the game where we were on top, we simply didnt take enough chances just like in our game against Sheffield and you cant afford to do that against a good team.

Not sure why you think that. I thought Batley deserved the win as they were probably just about the better team, yes they didnt make as many clean breaks as us but showed a lot more composure than us on the whole. I said at half time I just couldnt see us winning the game, Batley look a very good team and really my only gripe was the disallowed try that might have just settled us down a bit in a time in the game where we were on top, we simply didnt take enough chances just like in our game against Sheffield and you cant afford to do that against a good team.

it wasn't a try because the fax player pushed the bulldogs defender and then moore dived over through the gap

it wasn't a try because the fax player pushed the bulldogs defender and then moore dived over through the gap

Have you seen the video or is that just going on what you saw at the game? My take was he stepped one player, another tried to take his head off but actually hit your FB making him drop off the tackle, i didnt see any Fax players in the line to obstruct anyone but its hard to say for sure in the heat of the moment.

Have you seen the video or is that just going on what you saw at the game? My take was he stepped one player, another tried to take his head off but actually hit your FB making him drop off the tackle, i didnt see any Fax players in the line to obstruct anyone but its hard to say for sure in the heat of the moment.

Watch the video. The dummy runner takes a defender out, Moore then dummies and goes through the gap. A superb decision by Mr Stokes.

I'm as critical as the next person regarding poor refs, but it is surprising on review how many decisions they do get right. It can be the consistency (or lack of) that gets to most.

PS He defo missed the spear tackle on the Fax player

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'm as critical as the next person regarding poor refs, but it is surprising on review how many decisions they do get right. It can be the consistency (or lack of) that gets to most.

PS He defo missed the spear tackle on the Fax player

Ive not watched the video yet but I guess that was the one on Salty where it looked like the defender gave him the Rock Bottom. Personally for the life in me I do not think ref's are biased in any way its just they are inconsistant, I guess you watch the video and markers are not square all the game but he seemed to just pick a couple at random during the game. I would much rather they give a ton of penalties early so teams know what is expected and that way hopefully you get a good wide open game. I thought Sunday could have been a better game for the viewers if Stokes had clamped down on both teams early doors.

Seen it now, should have been a binning, probably worse than it looked on the day.

he missed a few things on the day tbh.. Keegan copped a few high shots too but that's parcel of the game maybe if murrell and moore didn't try and ref the game you'd of won.. Move on and see you at the mount in a few months times

Seen it now, should have been a binning, probably worse than it looked on the day.

Was right in front of us. Wasn't a spear tackle, or anything close. To suggest it was a sin binning is ridiculous.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

he missed a few things on the day tbh.. Keegan copped a few high shots too but that's parcel of the game maybe if murrell and moore didn't try and ref the game you'd of won.. Move on and see you at the mount in a few months times

No if we had taken our chances we would have won. Watching the video back makes for painful viewing.

Was right in front of us. Wasn't a spear tackle, or anything close. To suggest it was a sin binning is ridiculous.

Watch the video, its a very bad tackle, the second player in lifts Saltys leg and with him driving backwards he lands straight on the back of his head/neck. Very, very dangerous.

No if we had taken our chances we would have won. Watching the video back makes for painful viewing.

But isn't that the point! The team that took their chances deserved to win, that happened to be Batley. In truth, l was disappointed by Halifax. Your much vaunted forwards were dominated by ours, particularly in the collision. Your passing was often static, with players taking the ball standing still particularly in the second half. This surprised me as it is not what l think of when l consider Halifax and their style of play.

Your defence was strong, but you seemed to lack a certain spark, maybe Johnson needs to be back, and l thought Will Sharp was not natural at full-back. Still, l am sure you will improve as the season progresses.

Archived