Carr First Recruit For 2017

Dons News

Doncaster Rugby League are delighted to confirm full-back Tom Carr has today penned a new two year deal with the club.

Carr picked up the Supporters Player of the Year, Players Player of the Year and Player of the Year at the Dons End of Season Awards.

The 25 year-old joined the club back in 2014 from Whitehaven, however a season ravaged by injury limited him to just six appearances for the Dons in his debut year.

Back to full fitness and with a pre-season under his belt, Carr shone for Doncaster throughout 2016 making 21 appearances and scoring 225 points for the club.

The new deal will see Carr remain at the Keepmoat Stadium until at least the end of the 2018 campaign.

Speaking about signing Carr said: "I'm really pleased to be offered a new deal by Doncaster, especially to get a two-year contract which is something I haven't had so far in my career.

"Carl Hall told be his plans for the next few years and said he wanted me to be a part of it, I'm really excited by them and I'm really happy to have signed.

"Everything going on at the club at the moment is really positive, the plans for the club are really ambitious and the future is looking really bright under Club Doncaster.

"As a team we all want to get promoted back to the Championship, unfortunately we fell short this season and we are all hurt by that, but hopefully we can go that step further next year.

"This year has been tough with injuries, but this will be addressed over the close season and next year I am sure we will have a lot more strength and depth.

"Unfortunately this year wasn't our year, we all want to bounce back now and hopefully we can go and win promotion in 2017."

View the full article

Archived