Istanbul - Another organised terror attack kills at least 36, many more injured.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

36 dead and most probably IS.

Wont help with tourism for sure.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Already down by - what? - at least 50% according to R4 from a few weeks ago. 90% drop in Russians visiting has hit them harder than the significant drop from the EU.

Absolutely awful scenes and the aftermath is going to be ... well, not nice either.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I'm sure they will just bomb the Kurds.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'm sure they will just bomb the Kurds.

I'm only surprised they haven't already.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't stop us going to Oludeniz last week. Just returned this morning. 50c one day at peak temp.

One of the tour guides said Islam is a peaceful religion, and given the numbers who worship, you can't argue. However, given that most of the REPORTED terrorist attacks are claimed by Islamic organisations, it does put some doubt in peoples minds.

However, the people we met in Turkey were warm friendly and welcoming.

Archived