Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Toulouse Olympique May 8 2pm

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Toulouse Olympique
    • Draw

Discuss Wakefield v Toulouse in the RL Cup here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toulouse should be looking to make their mark as part of their push for SL.

However, Wakey are looking better (especially in defence) than they have done for quite a long time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'd love to see Toulouse win, but I can't see it. If this was 2015 Wakefield, then perhaps, but this team are pretty much unrecognisable from that one.

Hopefully they can give another good account of themselves, but I can't see past a straightforward Wakey win.

Wakefield 44 - 10 Toulouse

If this was in France Toulouse would have a chance...

Can't see past a home win...

However Toulouse played agaisnt SL players in their last away game and did ok?

This should have been the televised game, Toulouse leigh should have been the televised game!

I wonder if theres a bigger issue here we don't know about?

I don't think the last round was televised at all was it?

EDIT: i.e. I don't think there is any conspiracy. Also, Cats are thought of as being shaky away from home (might not be the case this year, but previously) and Batley are in the championship. SO - on paper at least - team 5th in the champ vs SL team thought of as having bad away form makes a better game than an SL team vs a league 1 team. Even if they are wrong, I think it's a case of cock-up, not conspiracy!

I predict 60 - 6.  

Simply Wakefield at home will be too strong for Toulouse, travelling, injuries, lack of expereince at this level, and brought down to earth by Rochdale in 28-28 draw. The previous week Rochdale went down 6 - 62 to Widnes. I put Toulouse and Rochdale on about par, with Wakefield and Widnes on about par, with Wakefield having the momentum. That's my logic.

Leigh were good, but not at full strength when they lost to Toulouse. I think 6 players were out.

If Wakefield rest half their squad, then maybe 40-12.

If it were played in Toulouse, maybe closer, say 30 -12. .... but it's not.

Wakefield are without a number of first choice players for this game but I can't see past a Trinity win by around 30 points.

The biggest threats to a win are complacency and lack of fluency due to too many forced changes.

42 - 10

I predict 60 - 6.

Simply Wakefield at home will be too strong for Toulouse, travelling, injuries, lack of expereince at this level, and brought down to earth by Rochdale in 28-28 draw. The previous week Rochdale went down 6 - 62 to Widnes. I put Toulouse and Rochdale on about par, with Wakefield and Widnes on about par, with Wakefield having the momentum. That's my logic.

Leigh were good, but not at full strength when they lost to Toulouse. I think 6 players were out.

If Wakefield rest half their squad, then maybe 40-12.

If it were played in Toulouse, maybe closer, say 30 -12. .... but it's not.

Did rochdale have SL players in their side when they played widnes??

You cant also dismiss the leigh result!

Depends on the wakey team that turn up I suppose, Toulouse can afford to play without fear as they have nothing to lose. Wakefield on the other hand face an embarrassing home loss to a L1 side should they not perform.

Pressure is all on trin but I reckon they'll still win comfortably in the last 20 in particular.

I expect Wakefield to win realistically but if they are missing a few, it'll be closer than some people think. Toulouse's result against Rochdale I don't think has any relevance, especially since they beat Leigh the previous week. If Wakefield underestimate the French, there may be a shock.

AFAIK, 2005 Challenge Cup QF, Toulouse 40 Wakefield 24.

That was Widnes, not Wakefield.

Wakefield played a couple of French teams in the late 90s in the Treize Tournoi, but I don't think they've played Toulouse before.

Did rochdale have SL players in their side when they played widnes??

You cant also dismiss the leigh result!

Not as far as I'm aware. They had a Warrington winger in the game v Toulouse who scored 2 tries.

Who's exactly missing for wakey then? Any missing for Toulouse?

Several from Wakefield, and several from Toulouse. Toulouse don't have the depth of Wakefield - many juniors without experience coming in I believe.

Don't forget Toulouse's priority is promotion, and that's not easy as there are 6-7 teams in League 1 that can match lower Championship sides. I think they would be out for an adventure but will get hammered.

AFAIK, 2005 Challenge Cup QF, Toulouse 40 Wakefield 24.

It's not relevant in 2016.   Still believe Wakefield will put Toulouse away easily.  Quarter finals here Wakefield come.

Anyone who's voted in the poll for a Toulouse win, is either a nervous nelly, from Toulouse or has no clue. Relax guys.

This game has all the makings of a non event that is unlikely to pull in a decent crowd. I'll be there with the regulars expecting a comfortable win.

A Wakefield win by about 20.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived