SL Play Off Semi Final dates...

Hull FC have confirmed their semi final versus Wigan Warriors at the DW Stadium will take place next Friday, 30th September with an 8pm kick off.

http://www.hullfc.com/news/2016-09-24-play-off-semi-final-details-confirmed

I presume this means Warrington v Saints will be the Thursday game if last year's schedule is repeated.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thurs and friday for semis is genuinely mental

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

no need to position it like that at all scubby.

It's true though. The main people who will have been relieved today are the conditioning, sales and marketing, office, admin and hospitality staff at Huddersfield who will have likely have faced massive cut backs. Good people at Hull KR and Salford will be sweating for another 7 days - dress it up all you like but there is no money or parachute payment system for relegated SL clubs so that is the reality. There is no money in our game to transition this type of structure. It is all based on the mood of one individual who is writing (or stops writing) cheques.

I have been critical of the sleepwalking nature leading to this stage but finally we are at the business end of SL. The Wire-Hull clash was great and the semis look great contests. The game should always be measured about what is happening at the elite end. Hope both stadiums are packed this week.

Queued at Warrington today for over two hours was still the same at closing, hopefully it will transfer into a good crowd, i am sure the over confident saints fans will fill the away end.

Thursday night game is no reward for winning the LLS. However, Saints and Wire fans should ensure a fantastic atmosphere.

Thursday & Friday gives both finalists a good rest ahead of GF week though and means they can get a good full week of prep and training done alongside all the media.

MPG is brilliant, whenever we move teams between divisions in whatever system there will be job casualties. That's sport. Personally have loved the qualifiers and been much more interesting than the Super 8's. Although Wire & Hull on Friday definitely upped the level.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

The MPG is the one people want to watch most

Based on what?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Based on what?

Based on the fact that I'll be watching both games but my team has more chance of winning the MPG than the Semi Final.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I'm neutral and that is the game I most want to watch. Sorry if that doesnt fit

So you are most people, odd as I thought you was just one person.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It's true though. The main people who will have been relieved today are the conditioning, sales and marketing, office, admin and hospitality staff at Huddersfield who will have likely have faced massive cut backs. Good people at Hull KR and Salford will be sweating for another 7 days - dress it up all you like but there is no money or parachute payment system for relegated SL clubs so that is the reality. There is no money in our game to transition this type of structure. It is all based on the mood of one individual who is writing (or stops writing) cheques.

I have been critical of the sleepwalking nature leading to this stage but finally we are at the business end of SL. The Wire-Hull clash was great and the semis look great contests. The game should always be measured about what is happening at the elite end. Hope both stadiums are packed this week.

Surely the nature of sport us that your job is rarely safe?

You don't get into sport thinking you've got a job for life. Sports players are getting binned or their contracts not renewed all the time and have to move on. So are administration staff. It's the nature of the beast.

Whether there's relegation or not, people are going to be losing their jobs. People are also going to be gaining jobs.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I'm neutral and that is the game I most want to watch. Sorry if that doesnt fit

Lobby

You really are a wind up merchant. I remember when we used to have scores of people in the pub near the British Museum years ago you were always trying to wind up people then. By the way where have all those people gone?I met one guy on the bus from London to Cardiff for the World Cup opener a few years ago but apart from him,no one.

Surely the nature of sport us that your job is rarely safe?

You don't get into sport thinking you've got a job for life. Sports players are getting binned or their contracts not renewed all the time and have to move on. So are administration staff. It's the nature of the beast.

Whether there's relegation or not, people are going to be losing their jobs. People are also going to be gaining jobs.

That is all well and good but if Rovers go down we have effectively downsized two organisations (Hull KR and Bradford) that had a combined season ticket total of around 12-13,000 before they dropped out. They will be existing next year on £700k and £200k so will slash their whole administration, playing and academy staff accordingly. Both will probably struggle to support any academy players next year and neither have a wealthy backer so it is t### up big time. The RFL/SL have decided that no parachute payments will exist to help to transition clubs. 

But hey, it's why we love sport isn't it?

Is that true for any league that has relegation regardless of the format?

There is no parachute payment system in RL. I understand that Premier League clubs get 2 years of funding after they fall out and RU also has a parachute system. Bradford have gone from £1.9m handout a year to £700k (2016) to 200k (2017) and are thus on their knees. Who is bouncing back from that?

Of those teams just below SL Bradford, Whitehaven, Workington, Featherstone and Sheffield have had serious financial woes in the last 6 month. London are one man's cheque book away from going into oblivion and Salford could disappear completely if Saturday goes wrong for them.

But it is two hours of car crash entertainment for everyone. There is not enough money in the game to make this type of format sustainable.

There is no parachute payment system in RL. I understand that Premier League clubs get 2 years of funding after they fall out and RU also has a parachute system. Bradford have gone from £1.9m handout a year to £700k (2016) to 200k (2017) and are thus on their knees. Who is bouncing back from that?

Of those teams just below SL Bradford, Whitehaven, Workington, Featherstone and Sheffield have had serious financial woes in the last 6 month. London are one man's cheque book away from going into oblivion and Salford could disappear completely if Saturday goes wrong for them.

But it is two hours of car crash entertainment for everyone. There is not enough money in the game to make this type of format sustainable.

it was no better under any other system Scubby.

Whether you like it or not, sport is absolutely about winners and losers, not business plans. They both have to exist for a successful club but only one gets the fans excited.

The safety net of licensing oversaw as many financial issues, as is pointed out lack of money is the issue.

What exactly do you want? I guarantee we can rip any suggestion to pieces like you are doing here.

it was no better under any other system Scubby.

Whether you like it or not, sport is absolutely about winners and losers, not business plans. They both have to exist for a successful club but only one gets the fans excited.

The safety net of licensing oversaw as many financial issues, as is pointed out lack of money is the issue.

What exactly do you want? I guarantee we can rip any suggestion to pieces like you are doing here.

No this system is designed to create a Bradford scenario by default. If Hull KR go down in order to have a shot at getting up they will need to keep a full time squad capable of winning 3/4 games against SL opposition. This means, on a £700k central distribution, taking a loss of £1-2m next season to even have a shot. You are not building a squad to beat your peers you are having to build a squad to beat opposition in the division above (more than once).

If it was a straight one up, one down then Hull KR (or Salford) would simply have to beat their peers (i.e. Bradford, London, Featherstone, Halifax, Batley et al) over a season. Nearly all of these clubs are part-time so you can give yourselves a great shot by putting together a decent squad to win that league without risking the whole stability of the club. 

The situation with Leigh was the exception not the rule. Beaumont admitted last week Leigh lost close to a million pounds this year running that squad. Bradford did the same thing in 2015 and are practically bust.

A £700k handout is enough to help to support you to beat your peers and finish top of the tree in the Championship. Hull KR (or Salford) basically have a s*** or bust option if they want to bounce back next year. Law of averages will say it could well be bust.

No this system is designed to create a Bradford scenario by default. If Hull KR go down in order to have a shot at getting up they will need to keep a full time squad capable of winning 3/4 games against SL opposition. This means, on a £700k central distribution, taking a loss of £1-2m next season to even have a shot. You are not building a squad to beat your peers you are having to build a squad to beat opposition in the division above (more than once).

If it was a straight one up, one down then Hull KR (or Salford) would simply have to beat their peers (i.e. Bradford, London, Featherstone, Halifax, Batley et al) over a season. Nearly all of these clubs are part-time so you can give yourselves a great shot by putting together a decent squad to win that league without risking the whole stability of the club.

The situation with Leigh was the exception not the rule. Beaumont admitted last week Leigh lost close to a million pounds this year running that squad. Bradford did the same thing in 2015 and are practically bust.

A £700k handout is enough to help to support you to beat your peers and finish top of the tree in the Championship. Hull KR (or Salford) basically have a s*** or bust option if they want to bounce back next year. Law of averages will say it could well be bust.

More funding than ever is going to the Championships i believe. That is what the game claims it can afford, and whilst you targeted the rfl for criticism, it was actually the top clubs who werent happy with the amount being given at all.

And your proposed system of one up one down was scrapped because of the issues (even if they were only perceived).

No system will spread the money in a way where we have 30-odd sustainable clubs.

More funding than ever is going to the Championships i believe. That is what the game claims it can afford, and whilst you targeted the rfl for criticism, it was actually the top clubs who werent happy with the amount being given at all.

And your proposed system of one up one down was scrapped because of the issues (even if they were only perceived).

No system will spread the money in a way where we have 30-odd sustainable clubs.

This system is just encouraging financial irresponsibility or a generation in the abyss. Bradford, Sheffield, London and perhaps Salford will probably be proof of this in the very near future. It is creating car crash TV when the game can't pay for the damage.

This system is just encouraging financial irresponsibility or a generation in the abyss. Bradford, Sheffield, London and perhaps Salford will probably be proof of this in the very near future.

add them to the list, from under a whole range of systems.

Archived