London Broncos - Trailfinders Ground

We've got the Super 8's drawing closer and closer and Andrew Henderson mentioned a few weeks ago that the Broncos we're looking to develop the ground in the long term but short term get some temporary seating in to increase the capacity. 

Does anyone have any update on this has the increase been approved? Is it going ahead? And what about the potential long term development of the ground and London's positioning in it. ie long term residency, will the broncos be staying there long term and building a club shop and other stuff you would expect from most rugby league clubs.

Nada, nothing, as yet. Maybe something is happening beyond another 4G pitch but not heard anything. A temp stand wouldn't take much to put up anyway (if they've thought of getting permission)

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

If Trailfinders is not suitable for SL then they will not be allowed up. Also from reading RFL rules they need to have something approved by the end of the regular season or they won't be allowed up regardless of finish in Middle 8s. Ie if they finish above 6th in the 8s they will be placed 6th and other teams will have their position adjusted accordingly

Here we go again .....

Why can't they play SL at Trailfinders and move the biggest matches onto the road if they want to?

No chance ! The RFL wouldn't let Dewsbury play at the Don Valley in 2000 when they were promoted.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

We've got the Super 8's drawing closer and closer and Andrew Henderson mentioned a few weeks ago that the Broncos we're looking to develop the ground in the long term but short term get some temporary seating in to increase the capacity.

Does anyone have any update on this has the increase been approved? Is it going ahead? And what about the potential long term development of the ground and London's positioning in it. ie long term residency, will the broncos be staying there long term and building a club shop and other stuff you would expect from most rugby league clubs.

When I interviewed Hendo about this the view was to put two temporary stands either side of the scoreboard.

Similar to what Bath RU do at their ground.

The current capacity is 3,100 and two temporary stands would push the capacity over 4,000 which would be sufficient for the qualifying eights.

If Trailfinders is not suitable for SL then they will not be allowed up. Also from reading RFL rules they need to have something approved by the end of the regular season or they won't be allowed up regardless of finish in Middle 8s. Ie if they finish above 6th in the 8s they will be placed 6th and other teams will have their position adjusted accordingly

Trailfinders is perfectly suitable.

Trailfinders is the antonym of "perfectly suitable". What world are you living in?

Presumably he is living in the world that the Broncos actually exist in at the moment and not the world we would like them to exist in.

Why not move in to Stamford Bridge and see what happens?

Presumably he is living in the world that the Broncos actually exist in at the moment and not the world we would like them to exist in.

Why not move in to Stamford Bridge and see what happens?

i am sure the Game Caller can speak for him/her self. However as you chimed in... The Game Caller was not responding to the present.

TGC was eluding that Trailfinders is perfectly suitable for SL, or as you and I would like to put it, the world we would like them to exist in.

i am sure the Game Caller can speak for him/her self. However as you chimed in... The Game Caller was not responding to the present.

TGC was eluding that Trailfinders is perfectly suitable for SL, or as you and I would like to put it, the world we would like them to exist in.

If London win promotion via the qualifying eights, do you see any crowds next season exceeding 5,000 ??

It pains me to say this but I don't, hence why the Trailfinders is perfectly suitable when the new stands are erected either side of the scoreboard.

If London win promotion via the qualifying eights, do you see any crowds next season exceeding 5,000 ??

It pains me to say this but I don't, hence why the Trailfinders is perfectly suitable when the new stands are erected either side of the scoreboard.

Simples - no turnstiles and a shortage of, um, comfort stations, which are things that Health and Safety and the police get involved with. Back in the eighties the Metropolitan Police started with a base figure of 500 speccies per turnstile when working out a stadium's safe capacity and there aint none at Trailfinders.

Archived