Swinton Match

Supporter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with Barrow at home next week to a struggling Keighley and looking for their 9th win on the bounce there could vey well be a cumbrian club in the championship next season .

Talking to an old mate of mine who has supported Barrow for decades and he is hoping they finish 3rd.  Surprised me but apparently the way the Champ. 1 set up operates finishing 3rd would avoid having to go to Toulouse  2 weeks on the trot but would still give them every chance of being promoted. Have never understood the dark dealings of Red Hall so I have to believe what my mate tells me!

Talking to an old mate of mine who has supported Barrow for decades and he is hoping they finish 3rd. Surprised me but apparently the way the Champ. 1 set up operates finishing 3rd would avoid having to go to Toulouse 2 weeks on the trot but would still give them every chance of being promoted. Have never understood the dark dealings of Red Hall so I have to believe what my mate tells me!

They play away at Toulouse in their final league game and finishing 2nd would then mean that they go there again in a one off winner takes all play off (1st vs 2nd - Winner promoted) if they lose that then they would compete in the play offs with the other teams

with Barrow at home next week to a struggling Keighley and looking for their 9th win on the bounce there could vey well be a cumbrian club in the championship next season .

Cresta has done a great job down there but I think they would struggle in the championship it's such a big step up, it would be more interesting for us and haven to have the 3 Cumbrian teams in the same division next year.

It was much closer than I expected when I saw the squad announced. Brilliant effort from the lads who played in a very threadbare team with a few lads playing injured who wouldn't have normally. You can't ask anymore from the lads on the field.

Think the league is about done and dusted now. We have been ridiculously unlucky with injuries but it was always a gamble to go with a squad so small.

Major changes ahead for the club, I just hope we come back all the better for it next season.

UTT!

If it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any !! That was a great effort from the lads yesterday considering who was missing and who were on the field patched up and playing out of position, puts to bed the notion that some aren't giving their all due to the pay cut.

Is Latu still with us ? if he is, can we expect to see him shortly.......couple of weeks maybe. ;)

It's now time to work hard and retain as many players as possible for next season and scour the amateur leagues for potential players. If any players are inent on leaving then let them go. A lot will depend on the off the field situation but whatever is happening it needs sorted A.S.A.P. Too often in recent years we have gone into the season not fully prepared. That needs addressed."IF" a new group are to come in and form a new BOD then crack on but if thats not the case lets put the fans in the picture and the current BOD start planning for next season now.

Cresta has done a great job down there but I think they would struggle in the championship it's such a big step up, it would be more interesting for us and haven to have the 3 Cumbrian teams in the same division next year.

I think everyone at Barrow recognises that it's a big step and it may be a bit soon. But, they are where they are.

There is the nucleas of a good team there. Harrison will have to be replaced but Wilkes is going around for another year.

I think they would do OK.

The pack is certainly good enough.

One of my concerns would be that Cresta is considering if he can combine running a business of his own and the demands of coaching.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I think everyone at Barrow recognises that it's a big step and it may be a bit soon. But, they are where they are.

There is the nucleas of a good team there. Harrison will have to be replaced but Wilkes is going around for another year.

I think they would do OK.

The pack is certainly good enough.

One of my concerns would be that Cresta is considering if he can combine running a business of his own and the demands of coaching.

it would be a big step up and barrow have to consider their geographical position bearman with regards to recruitment and the money distribution in the championship. Barrow have a slight advantage on west cumbria with their location but there's plenty of chances for players in lancs yorks etc to get a game in this league without trailing up to Cumbria 3 times a week. Then your playing against teams with much bigger budgets. IMO the current league structure and money distribution does cumbrian clubs no favours at all and makes it difficult.

Gutted! That's it now I'm afraid, proud of the lads though they haven't give up, most of the team strapped up carrying injuries, least now we know we will probably be playing league 1 rugby next season we can see which players would like to stay and get them signed up

one advantage Barrow has is they are the only semi pro club for a fair mile or 2 in both directions and as a result regularly pull in crowds as big as haven and town put together so their coffers are helped that much more every home game , especially during a run they are on at the moment 

one advantage Barrow has is they are the only semi pro club for a fair mile or 2 in both directions and as a result regularly pull in crowds as big as haven and town put together so their coffers are helped that much more every home game , especially during a run they are on at the moment 

Barrow have done well to come back from the disastrous Dessie years mainly due to a good bunch of directors who started off by addressing the mountain of debts -then basing their team on good locals. They have always had a loyal following and of course a history which goes back to the formation of the R. L.  We have had some great derbies over the years-hotly contested-but never with the naked animosity felt when we play the Great Pretenders. 

Stack, McAvoy, B Phillips, Mossop, Walker, Doran, Forber, Carter, Olstrum, Mattinson, Verlinden and Sammutt signed contracts into next season.

Sam signed just til the end of this season but has chose to leave due to work commitments and injuries , Tee signed a 2 yr up to the end of 2017 , not sure how long Stevie is signed up for ? or Ollie Gordon or Whiteley ?

Stack, McAvoy, B Phillips, Mossop, Walker, Doran, Forber, Carter, Olstrum, Mattinson, Verlinden and Sammutt signed contracts into next season.

matty retiring, mcavoy off to newcastle apparently. Ollie wont be back, i doubt perry will be. The lads have been treated very poorly this year. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a mass exodus.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Looks like the majority of the players have a get out clause in their contracts if the club is relegated  it looks like Dion is packing his bags now,

here here mate  totally agree

Heard he's intending taking Town to Court over his injuries. His brother took him down to Wakefield to see their medical team and that was their advice

Not sure how true that can be as he was injured at the point of signing

I've heard some eye-watering figures as well as to how much the 2 years have cost Town

Heard he's intending taking Town to Court over his injuries. His brother took him down to Wakefield to see their medical team and that was their advice

Not sure how true that can be as he was injured at the point of signing

I've heard some eye-watering figures as well as to how much the 2 years have cost Town

this is funny.very funny

Archived