danny craven

plug

That's assuming you finish in the top 4

Its not been arrogant but if you look at our squad compared to the squads of the teams around us, if we dont finish in the top 4 then something has gone drastically wrong. Compare the teams, I would only have 1 Fev player in our starting 17. If Fev had our team their fans would be saying the same, probably say they would win it. :tongue:

Its not been arrogant but if you look at our squad compared to the squads of the teams around us, if we dont finish in the top 4 then something has gone drastically wrong. Compare the teams, I would only have 1 Fev player in our starting 17. If Fev had our team their fans would be saying the same, probably say they would win it. :tongue:

Weve had half of your team, there all fev rejects.

Which player?

If you finish top 4 good luck to you. You've more chance now you have a decent coach. Harrison took a good team and turned them into sluggers

Totally agree, it was painful to watch under Harrison and a breath of fresh air under Marshall. He has more pressure on him next year in my eyes so will be interesting to see how we go. he does seem to get the best out of players though, take Ben Kaye not many Fax fans would have kept him last year and couldnt understand why he was so poor after impressing at Fev. Last year he was brilliant but the same can be said for a lot of players who didnt impress. I think Marshall will be the first coach to leave Fax and move upwards for many a year( Could be since Chris Anderson, I cant think of another. Now wonder Im giddy).

As for the player, I would take Craven although Im not sure where we would play him although longterm I guess he is seen as a replacement for Murrell.

Weve had half of your team, there all fev rejects.

I think "rejects" in the term you are using it is a little harsh, surplus to requirements much more user friendly IMO :-)

Im Fev and im proud

Totally agree, it was painful to watch under Harrison and a breath of fresh air under Marshall. He has more pressure on him next year in my eyes so will be interesting to see how we go. he does seem to get the best out of players though, take Ben Kaye not many Fax fans would have kept him last year and couldnt understand why he was so poor after impressing at Fev. Last year he was brilliant but the same can be said for a lot of players who didnt impress. I think Marshall will be the first coach to leave Fax and move upwards for many a year( Could be since Chris Anderson, I cant think of another. Now wonder Im giddy).

As for the player, I would take Craven although Im not sure where we would play him although longterm I guess he is seen as a replacement for Murrell.

You can't take Ben Kaye at face value, he doesn't catch the eye as much as other hookers like Andy Ellis. What you have to does is take a note of how well the team is playing when he's on the pitch. His passing from dummy half is sharper and of higher quality than most and the team often plays better. But he doesn't scoot from AHB very well and doesn't score many tries. He is a capable defender in the middle though and doesn't need to be hidden out wide. You have to weigh up the pros and cons and take your choice, but I believe Kaye and Ellis were the perfect combination and Fev have missed him since he left.

They'll be top 4....

I don't think their squad for next year looks as good on paper as last years Fev squad, but they were much better managed and didn't suffer the same calamities. Jon Sharp has impressed me a great deal and I think Fev's defence will be as mean as Fax's next year. Who finishes the highest could well depend on signings still to come in, injuries and suspensions, and might even go down to missed conversions in tight games.   

I don't think their squad for next year looks as good on paper as last years Fev squad, but they were much better managed and didn't suffer the same calamities. Jon Sharp has impressed me a great deal and I think Fev's defence will be as mean as Fax's next year. Who finishes the highest could well depend on signings still to come in, injuries and suspensions, and might even go down to missed conversions in tight games.   

What makes you say that? Again it probably sounds arrogant and it is nice that Fev see us as one of their main rivals for where they finish but I see Bradford as our target and i think we are the only team other than Leigh that will have a chance of finishing higher than them. it helps that we have a moster pack and its a massive advantage we have over every team other than maybe just Leigh.

I agree on signings I think the squad is coming together really well we just need a little depth and a little luck with injuries. We have had a couple of years of rotten luck with injuries and hopefully it will be someone else's turn this year.

Same here, you will get niggles but we must have had about 6 quite serious ones to key players last year alone.

What makes you say that? Again it probably sounds arrogant and it is nice that Fev see us as one of their main rivals for where they finish but I see Bradford as our target and i think we are the only team other than Leigh that will have a chance of finishing higher than them. it helps that we have a moster pack and its a massive advantage we have over every team other than maybe just Leigh.

So you don't think Fev had signed a monster pack last year? Wood, Carvell & Maitua to go with Bostock & James looked formidable on paper but it didn't work out that way, although only half of those present were on duty when they mastered the Fax pack at the Shay. Things don't always go to plan though and it was left to the youngsters to carry the team through the season. Saying that the monster Fax pack looks as good as that line up sounds arrogant to me. What happened to Fev last year was a comedy of errors that won't happen again under Jon Sharp. 

So you don't think Fev had signed a monster pack last year? Wood, Carvell & Maitua to go with Bostock & James looked formidable on paper but it didn't work out that way, although only half of those present were on duty when they mastered the Fax pack at the Shay. Things don't always go to plan though and it was left to the youngsters to carry the team through the season. Saying that the monster Fax pack looks as good as that line up sounds arrogant to me. What happened to Fev last year was a comedy of errors that won't happen again under Jon Sharp. 

I think Fev thought signing "names" was the way to go last season and a few years ago it may have been a very good pack but they were for the most part way past their sell by date. Saying that though the Fev pack does look ditinctively weak so far in comparison but I am sure Sharp must have some signings up his sleave because he cant think he can just go with what he has at the moment. The halfs can be as good as you like but when they play behind a dominated pack they wont have a chance.

The difference for the Fax pack last year was we did not have any big time charlies and just had players with a work ethic second to none who would stop at nothing to defend their line, and even though we started the season very slow by the end of the qualifiers we had shown we were the best defensive team in the championship. I really cant see much changing in that respect this season.

I think Fev thought signing "names" was the way to go last season and a few years ago it may have been a very good pack but they were for the most part way past their sell by date. Saying that though the Fev pack does look ditinctively weak so far in comparison but I am sure Sharp must have some signings up his sleave because he cant think he can just go with what he has at the moment. The halfs can be as good as you like but when they play behind a dominated pack they wont have a chance.

The difference for the Fax pack last year was we did not have any big time charlies and just had players with a work ethic second to none who would stop at nothing to defend their line, and even though we started the season very slow by the end of the qualifiers we had shown we were the best defensive team in the championship. I really cant see much changing in that respect this season.

how much do you know about the young lads fev have brought in, that ran catalans away, very close in the challenge cup and did the buisness at the back end of the season for us, seems to me you look down squad lists and judge on names rather than your knowledge of the players. You will find fev fans on here watched fev every week last season, so dont really need your blinkered opinion on our squad, cheers.

oxyboy you beat a not too interested Bradford side with their eye on the Wildcats and lost to Sheffield in your run up to NOT getting to super league with your amazing team, Admitted you beat Leigh but then quite a few did. Good attempt but at the moment you are on the same points as Fev. Wait while Craven is testing your fantastic defence.

Only Carvell was past his sell by date. Wood was top notch when available (rarely) and Sharp wanted him for anoher season; Maitua was good enough for Salford and Leigh but took ages to get here then let the club down by picking up a suspension for the Fax game; James was in and out all season with injury and missed the Fax game with the stomach virus, he was good enough for a full time contract with Sheffield though; Bostock was the pick of the bunch and was in the best form of his career before his broken arm, he too missed the Fax game with the virus. One player I forgot to mention also was James Lockwood who might have had an ordinary 2014 by his standards, but was one of the top players in the Championship in previous seasons. He would have been a major part of Andy Hay's plans.

So that makes six top notch forwards that Andy Hay probably envisaged as being in his 17 every week that were absent for large chunks of the season, and only Carvell was past his best. The others were only available between 5-50% of the time due to injury, suspensions, visa delays, and drug bans. Call it what you like, a series of unfortunate events or a comedy of errors, but if those six had been avaiIable most of the time, backed up by Baldwinson, Bussey, Spears, Cording and Foster, the pack would have taken some beating. 

Fax had the better coach though, but I like what Jon Sharp has done so far so we'll have to wait and see who comes out on top.

Archived