The great EU Referendum poll (new question in poll!)

EU Referendum  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union
    • Don't know?
  2. 2. With two weeks to go, has your vote changed?

• Yes, I was remain, now leave
    • Yes, I was leave, now remain
    • Yes, I was don't know, now leave
    • Yes, I was don't know, now remain
    • No, but I'm holding on reluctantly to leave
    • No, but I'm holding on reluctantly to stay
    • No, my intention is the same

Not sure about having a 'don't know' answer as there won't be one on the 23rd June?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I can imagine if we were to leave the Tory snakes would remove enough workers rights to make Sports Direct look like a great place to work.

It's going to be funny to see how the media, especially the BBC report on the rift within the Tory, with Labour looking to be in agreement on where they stand.

I can imagine if we were to leave the Tory snakes would remove enough workers rights to make Sports Direct look like a great place to work.

It's going to be funny to see how the media, especially the BBC report on the rift within the Tory, with Labour looking to be in agreement on where they stand.

There are some Eurosceptic parts of Labour, although not as numerous and influential as those in the Conservative party as far as I know.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are some Eurosceptic parts of Labour, although not as numerous and influential as those in the Conservative party as far as I know.

Kate Hoey for one.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Not sure about having a 'don't know' answer as there won't be one on the 23rd June?

The abstain vote may have the casting vote.  I heard a politician say once that if you want the status quo in a public vote then hope for nice weather.  Some people may be holding their nose to vote to stay in.  The hard-liners on either side will definitely vote and would vote even if it were 20 minutes to the end of the world.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Kate Hoey for one.

She's the most high-profile one I've heard of in Labour. And although she was a fairly prominent politician* in the past, in 2016 she is not a significant figure like Gove, IDS or the other Cabinet members who are backing the 'no' vote.

*and a pretty decent high-jumper too, not that that's relevant.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Labour are clever on this they can score big points over the Tories on this but the key word is IF.

On top of this we have the Scottish, Welsh, London mayor, and some council elections.

The Telegraph is covering heavily on the "out" camp but they had this article in their business section.  The article is fine, the interesting part was the comments section.  Are these people smoking something?  If so, I'd suggest going for something slightly less hallucinogenic.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

If Labour are clever on this they can score big points over the Tories on this but the key word is IF.

I damn well hope not - its not clever its pathetic !

This referendum goes well beyond petty party politics and points scoring. It could fundamentally change the way the UK functions in the world and people need a clear, open and honest debate based on facts. No-one should be constrained by party membership on this issue, its too important to let personal ego's and petty alliances for personal gain, get in the way. 

Anyone, from any party who doesn't treat this vote with the respect and importance it deserves is nothing more than a pathetic, self centered grub, who quite frankly deserves to be drowned in the Thames. 

Any party leader that instructs their members vote how they want isn't fit to be a leader and any MP who blindly follows their leader and doesn't have the courage of their own convictions, isn't fit to be an MP.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Why would they consult their constituents? It's a referendum, the ultimate consultation!

This referendum goes well beyond petty party politics and points scoring. It could fundamentally change the way the UK functions in the world and people need a clear, open and honest debate based on facts. No-one should be constrained by party membership on this issue, its too important to let personal ego's and petty alliances for personal gain, get in the way. 

Anyone, from any party who doesn't treat this vote with the respect and importance it deserves is nothing more than a pathetic, self centered grub, who quite frankly deserves to be drowned in the Thames. 

Any party leader that instructs their members vote how they want isn't fit to be a leader and any MP who blindly follows their leader and doesn't have the courage of their own convictions, isn't fit to be an MP.

In other words Boris Johnson. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A genuine question for the "outers"; can you point me in the direction of any reliable information on how long and how much the de-merger of the UK from EU will take and cost? Farage on Marr conceded the talks alone will take two years, but waved this away as a mere trivia. That's two whole years of neither in or out. Am I the only one who sees this as a major headache for businesses? 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Why would they consult their constituents? It's a referendum, the ultimate consultation!

I meant their constituency party members. They have a moral duty to at least report the feelings of their campaign workers.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

A referendum born from internal party politics and point scoring...

A genuine question for the "outers"; can you point me in the direction of any reliable information on how long and how much the de-merger of the UK from EU will take and cost? Farage on Marr conceded the talks alone will take two years, but waved this away as a mere trivia. That's two whole years of neither in or out. Am I the only one who sees this as a major headache for businesses? 

I see the two year negotiation period as a good thing. There will be a lower frequency of critical factors being overlooked in the change.

I had a long career in local government and experienced the dismantling of the metropolitan authorities, the splitting off of departments to form the Environment Agency  and the dissolution of a major joint waste management organisation for metropolitan districts.

The last one was rushed and I ended up going in to my old offices to sort out problems for a month after I had taken redundancy.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

A referendum born from internal party politics and point scoring...

Whatever the political motivations that brought about the referendum, ultimately its achieved the right outcome in that its given us, the people of the UK the right to choose our own destiny. 

A decision of this magnitude should never be left to a handful of politicians, the majority of which no doubt have some vested personal interest in the outcome. Every MP in Westminster could vote to stay but if the people of the UK vote to leave they will have no choice but to take us out

Not everyone is impressed by Boris' decision to jump to the out camp: BORIS IS A COPPER BOTTOMED, DOUBLE DEALING HYPOCRITICAL LITTLE ######. THE PRESS WILL DESTROY HIM  :D

Jeremy who - some ex-backbench has been who's after his 15 minutes of fame.

He's exactly the kind of grub I'm talking about, more interested in personal attacks on people who have a different opinion than actually debating the issue. Absolutely no time for to$$ers like him !

Jeremy who - some ex-backbench has been who's after his 15 minutes of fame.

He's exactly the kind of grub I'm talking about, more interested in personal attacks on people who have a different opinion than actually debating the issue. Absolutely no time for to$$ers like him !

But you have no problem with Boris just because he's on "your side"?

Archived