Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The plastic fork with which I eat my lunchtime salad is nearly due for replacement

100 points - extremely trivial and thoroughly uninteresting. I doubt that anyone will top that.

Edited by Farmduck

I received an offer today for a subscription to Commando magazine.  That brought back some memories of childhood reading them, my granddad bought them for me each fortnight(?).  I'm just surprised that they still exist in print format.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I received an offer today for a subscription to Commando magazine.  That brought back some memories of childhood reading them, my granddad bought them for me each fortnight(?).  I'm just surprised that they still exist in print format.

Were those the small-format war comics? I remember them, although I was never a regular comic buyer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have 4 Commando magazines which live in the same box that I keep my old Walkmans and choice tapes..

Edited by C H Calthrop

Bank holiday Monday spent with an epic marathon of the three Hobbit movies. :)  A day well spent!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Remember the little girl that was rescued in Aliens? She's 39 today. Yay for feeling even older

Remember the little girl that was rescued in Aliens? She's 39 today. Yay for feeling even older

Those sort of little reminders seem to be popping up more and more often. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

My wife just pointed out that I have two massive eyebrow hairs sticking out.  Another sign of advancing age when hairs in certain places decide that they're no longer happy with their previous life-long length.

My wife just pointed out that I have two massive eyebrow hairs sticking out.  Another sign of advancing age when hairs in certain places decide that they're no longer happy with their previous life-long length.

CKN, spotted yesterday...

8912-5459.gif

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

CKN, spotted yesterday...

8912-5459.gif

Give him a beard and you'd be not far off...

The last major reorganisation in the Scottish NHS was in 2004.

Very poor management. Being left alone for that long things might actually start working properly. 

Time for some disruption.....sorry change management/organisational review/role re-definement/right-sizing/restructuring/etc....

Very poor management. Being left alone for that long things might actually start working properly. 

Time for some disruption.....sorry change management/organisational review/role re-definement/right-sizing/restructuring/etc....

It's so shameful that they've managed to save enough money by failing to reorganise that they can afford even more of "Sturgeon's Death Stars".  Just think how many hospitals that England have luckily managed to not build because of their much needed reorganisations.