Whitebank not a graveyard for Hornets.

mickhornet

We have won our last 2 there,

and it could be argued we play better than at Spotland.Our first win was such a shock it led to an online poll for the sacking of Tony Benson.Engineered by Crook and and Roper who is now a Roughyed. precision kicking.

Who can forget the semi-final last min drop.Still on a high from Newcastle,lets get down there mob handed and serve it up.

That 32 - 18 Scoreboard is something that man will never forget, and rightly so. It should be a good game on Sunday. I wonder if Leigh are at home, that will be Hamilton absent I suppose. At least the lad will have a seat.

Yeah, that one will never go away. It still brings a smile to my face. I still watch that bit of the DVD where Wayne scores the clincher regularly.

In 9 games time. Good win today for Mayfield,York and Barrow have gone above us so tomorrow is a must win, think Oldhams due a blip and we seem to be coming into some form,think it could be a big win for Hornets.

In 9 games time. Good win today for Mayfield,York and Barrow have gone above us so tomorrow is a must win, think Oldhams due a blip and we seem to be coming into some form,think it could be a big win for Hornets.

Big win for ???????

After the promise and heroics v Crusaders and Newcastle, again we revert to the poor defence that rears up all too frequently.   Of the top 8, we have the second highest points against 301 and now the second lowest points difference 155.  Defence wins matches and this season particularly, it was always going to determine our end of season fate.  I hoped that by now we would have realised this and especially for today's match - even at ht time, ship 24 in the second half!  Five of the remaining eight fixtures are at home, so the top five play-offs are not impossible - so, get the act together, consistently.

Got to admit Mick hornet.I was slightly worried in the first half.But we had a stormer in the second. Probably due to a rollicking off Scott Naylor. I've heard on good authority he's quite good at it.

I was confident that we had it won when we were close at half time playing uphill. The lads are playing well. 

Hey Hornetto how did you like today's score?.Excolt where's the blip? Last but not least what a good game.A real arm wrestle of a game. Great day great result. Many thanks. ;-)

Not a right lot, but it's nice for you to have something to cheer. Thought the first half was tight, but we were pretty shoddy second forty. At least the sun shone. See you in the second promotion final hopefully.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Every time I watch Hornets the impression is that Paul Crook is the glue that holds the strategy and the game plan together. All the players seem to trust his decision making.

Hornets were in command when he was “spelled” in the first half so I don’t understand why (unless due to injury) this forms part of the plan.

Put him back at 6 leave him there to run the game. You also cannot kick goals sat on the bench.

That ground makes Alt Park look like Wembley.

Oldham fans still have that tendency to be numpties.

The situation regarding Oldham and York needs bringing to a head, people charged 12 pounds to stand in a field its a disgrace and the two clubs should be expelled and opened up for new ownership at real semi pro stadiums.

If you wish to start a campaign to get Whitebank kicked out of the league i am sure the first 1,000 signatures would be Oldham fans

Bit harsh that,with the Saints connection, our stadium and all funds going back into the club I wonder what other Hornets fans think why are Oldham going better than us? On a side note 3rd is better than 2nd place, because 2nd goes to first the loser could be broken going into the playoffs.

Bit harsh that,with the Saints connection, our stadium and all funds going back into the club I wonder what other Hornets fans think why are Oldham going better than us? On a side note 3rd is better than 2nd place, because 2nd goes to first the loser could be broken going into the playoffs.

Not as much as first place would be losing to second place.

Archived