The Greatest Ever RL Shirts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Summer Bash/Magic Shirts being the talk of RL right now was wondering what denotes a classic shirt. Is it a shirt that was worn when a team is successful or just a great looking shirt.

I think, for the former, Wigan have been successful while wearing some abominations in recent years. But then again, the Centenary Season (which was poor from a Rugby viewpoint) saw some beauties.

Some of the NRL Indigenous Round designs are stunning. And the classic Fulham shirt (black, with white chevron and red piping) is a personal favourite.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My favourite was the blue and chocolate hooped one Saints released. Still searching for one. Like the Cowboys indigenous one they released this year. I wear the one I have unlike the Cowboys who have still to wear theirs!

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

I think my favourites are the blue and yellow Parramatta jerseys from the 80's. Both the blue with the yellow piping and the blue to yellow transition with the small hoops.

I'm posting via my phone right now so I can't add a pic but I am sure you all know the ones I mean.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The French international jersey, Blue with a White V around 1990 is a favourite of mine. 

Is that the Valpro shirt with "Rugby X111" down the arm ?  Great jersey.

For me it's the 1980's South Sydney minties wrapper jersey worn by my club when RL was at it's best. The GB British coal jersey was one I liked and to me was iconic.

The one similar to Rochdale's with the red and white bands on the arms and sponsored by Jiffy Condoms :ph34r:

I've still got that shirt somewhere.

As someone has already posted, the British Coal GB shirt is my favourite.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Of all the 'other clubs' shirts I saw in Newcastle last weekend, this is my favourite..

Wigan-Warriors-Errea-Shirt-2015.jpg

I know it's a bit strange for me to pick a shirt that has a type of red and white in it, and the WDL will have nowt to moan about, but when I think of a classic RL shirt I always think of narrowish hoops and this fits the bill perfectly.

Back on safer ground with this one though which has to be the greatest ever, along with it's contents....

f17f3162fa3008c1f4c3eab7c0f0cc8d.jpg

:D

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Agree with MILK Canberra.

Balmain

Offiah's Widnes with ICI as sponsor

Manly sponsored by Pepsi - Cliff Lyons perm included

Classic LINPAC Fev.

Dominant 90s Wigan

Warrington's home shirt sponsored by Greenhalls.

Australia shirt pre sponsor. Cotton

GB shirt with British Coal

Tuuta's Western Magpies

Anything cotton, no sponsor, open collar and either a simple V or proper hoops.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Always liked the old Wests Magpie's shirt. aAlso the traditional city v country jerseys, with the double chevron were always nice.

Wigan 92-93 was the first jersey i ever bought, which was class, shortly followed by the Canberra '94 "MILK" jersey. 

Brisbane, Penrith and Manly all had a similar horizontal colour block style jersey around 92-95.. all of which were real nice.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think my favourites are the blue and yellow Parramatta jerseys from the 80's. Both the blue with the yellow piping and the blue to yellow transition with the small hoops.

First one that came to my mind, too.

Engineered stripes is what the transition is called, I think.

The white Widnes ICI one with the black shoulders. Brisbane Broncos & Balmain Tigers of the same era.

Featherstone Rovers jersey with the butchers stripes (this seasons) is up there in my books I've got one and it's a classic RL shirt .

Can't beat traditional butchers stripes....although all the sponsors spoil this seasons a little.

Fev apart my favourites are the Classic Kangaroos Jersey and the old Penrith, Parramatta and North Sydney bears jerseys that featured sections with thin hoops.........I love thin hoops!!!!

Loads of old jerseys to look through here

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/p/penrith-panthers/shirt-s2668.html

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Archived