Ladbrokes' RL Cup Rnd 6 Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils 7 May BBC TV 2.30pm

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford
    • Salford
    • Draw

Discuss Castleford v Salford in the RL Cup here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Cas still without

Dorn, Roberts, Shenton, Holmes, Lynch, Mariano (as always) and possibly Webster add a couple of fringe players. New signing Paddy Flynn is cup tied so won't play and I doubt Tickle is ready yet.

Hopefully Moors and Patrick back.

Probably line up along the lines of:

Solomona

Hitchcox

Crooks

Webster (or Minikin)

Monaghan

Hampshire

Gale

Jewitt

Milner

Millington

Mcmeeken

Cook

Massey

McShane

Patrick

Springer

Moors

Our backs are too weak to give me much confidence. Solomona is pretty ###### in attack at full back, Monaghan lack of pace is an issue in defence as his Hitchcox lack of size and ability to compete for a high ball. Plenty of weakness to exploit be tough against a pretty strong Salford back line (Shame Flynn is cup tied always handled Carney pretty well and between him and Massey they could probably have worked him up into doing something daft!).

Salford will no doubt be galvanised to try and do something in the cup as a betting man I'd fancy them by 2 scores in a high scoring match. Hope I'm wrong!

We have no Griffin, Tomkins. Lee is still a doubt and Vidot could make his debut any time now.

O'Brien

Carney

Sau

Jones

Evalds

Lui

Dobson

Kopzcak

Lee

Griffin

Murdoch Masila

Lannon/Huaraki/Flanagan

Flanagan/Lannon

Wilkinson?

Huaraki/Flanagan/Lannon

Walne

Krasniqi

We could have young hooker Matty Wilkinson make his debut off the bench as well. 

Unfortunately, I feel this may not be such a "tough little game".

Injuries are crippling Cas and I can see them struggling here. Salford could have a decent cup run this year.

Sincerely hoping I am wrong though.

:D  :D  :D

Local rivals v Kookash. Easy one, come on Cas.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

A very welcome return for Luke Dorn to the squad. I know he's back sprinting in training but unfortunately I reckon it's probably a week too early for him to play. Godsend if Im wrong and he is good to go as it would add alot of fluidity to our attack and allow Solomona to stay on the wing where he can expose some of Carneys defensive frailties.

Rest of the squad as expected, no Minikin so hopefully Webster is good. Junior Moors has been cleared to play (head injury).

Hoping for a lineup of:

Dorn, Solomona, Webster, Crooks, Monaghan, Hampshire, Gale, Millington, Milner, Jewitt, McMeeken, Moors, Massey

McShane, Springer, Patrick, Cook

....but I doubt our luck is that good.

If rumours are true our luck continues, Luke Gale apparently out with a pulled hamstring. Looks like Grant Millington's half back partner will be Ryan Hampshire this week.

Hope its a wind up. Just not our season it would appear...

Looking forward to this one. Both teams have squads capable of going all the way to Wembley - must be nearly 50 years for Salford.

It is nearly 50 years. 1969 to be exact. We lost a close game to a certain West Yorkshire club called, er, Castleford. Hmmmm.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. This one's bl**dy frozen!

As a Salford fan of 40+ years standing, I am conditioned to disappointment. Perhaps our day will come this year, but I'm not holding my breath. :fie:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Same here Tony. I was at Wembley in May 1969. If only we had had video refs in those days, we would have won. Ref's ruined the games then as well!

Would love a return trip someday. This year is as good as any.

Did anyone else completely forget about Daniel Vidot?

No. He's been in the stands and/or down on the pitch with the rest of the squad at pretty much every game this season, sporting his very fetching purple hairdo. Salford fans are pretty excited at the prospect of finally getting to see the Flyin' Purple Meter Eater (ask your granddad). However, given that he's been out of the game for so long, I think we're getting our hopes up too high.

A slight concern is over who'll play hooker Tommy Lee and Josh Wood are both injured, while Logan Tomkins has become Salford's first suspendee of the season (with the season nearly half over too. What a difference a year makes). This could mean that Phabulous Phil Joseph gets to roll back the years and play dummy half. Jeez.

Just as I thought things couldn't get worse for Cas.

You'll be OK. He only does 10 minute spells, and his contribution is so immeasurable, no-one has ever bothered to measure it.

I think they may hand a debut to academy hooker Matty Wilkinson.

You'll be OK. He only does 10 minute spells, and his contribution is so immeasurable, no-one has ever bothered to measure it.

Haha.

Hooker looks to be the only real weak point in Salford side tommorow .

Our side just gets weaker and weaker as the day goes on. Rumour is Gale out, Dorn has failed his fitness test and is out too. Talk of a Mcshane and Millington half back combo...

Edit - seems to have been confirmed. No Dorn, No Gale, Millington 50/50 and Junior Moors 50/50.

Lump on Salford before bookies catch wind!

Nice tribute to the Dodger before kick off.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Nice tribute to the Dodger before kick off.

Yes; it is also available on the BBC website if you want to watch it again.

Looking forward to this match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived