Good away win at Keighley

Wazman

Just got back from watching a good performance by the Lions.

The whole pack played well with James, Ackers and Morrison running hard.

Rob Levers tackling is unbelievable and he put about six huge hits in during the game.

Hawkyard and Robinson had strong games.

Could not go today as I am on holiday in Northumberland and wife would have complained had I disappeared this afternoon. What a great result - I guess Keighley are sick and tired of us this season.

I cannot wait to see the game on Lion's TV.

Stunning performance by the whole team today. Their heads didn't go down when Keighley took a 14-12 lead midway through the second half . Two great bits of centre play one by Stuart Littler and the other by Connor Dwyer got the wingers in for the tries which won the game and Chris Atkin's kicking was spot on.  Morty was at his childs christening today and didn't play.

The players would like to thank the fans for their huge support once again and Spelly spoke to a Keighley fan on the way out and said see you in the play offs . The reply was " No thanks we don't want to see you again this season ".

Proud to be Blue

Riggy

MOTM for me was Ritchie Hawkyard who lead by example. Loads of carries, rock solid under the high ball and directed the team well. When Butt knocked on a high kick he was first there to pat him on the back and offer encouragement. Great captain's performance.

The whole team though was top today. 80 minute performance. Best performance of the season?

Great resilience and mental as well as physical strength shown today. Didn't go to bits when mistakes were made or when they shipped points. Kept their discipline, toughed it out and then went down the other end and scored. Knocking on in front of the posts would have meant conceding a try as a nailed on certainty not so long ago but not now. Defence was epic but some great sleight of hand produced as well. Littler came up with a bit of magic just when it was needed.

Just got back from watching a good performance by the Lions.

The whole pack played well with James, Ackers and Morrison running hard.

Rob Levers tackling is unbelievable and he put about six huge hits in during the game.

Hawkyard and Robinson had strong games.

Lever put one hit on Law that was immense, how old is he again?

"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

av-28.jpg

shizonamy.gif

That will be 4 times this year they have had a poor referee.

Perhaps they should stop 'gobbing off ' at the ref then.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

Great win yesterday!! Robinson and Hawkyard ran the ball out superb.. Levers tackles dis lodging the ball out a few times hurting the opposition was fantastic but all the players dug deep and were excellent!! Well done swinton lions a great team performance!!

Well done on a hard fought victory, it looks like you have us this season for power and pace. We said after the game that a couple more good players will see you compete in the higher division.

You just need to bare in mind though, just how badly we have been affected by injury. We started the year with arguably the best half back combination in the division, Danny Jones sadly passed away and Tiger Handforth suffered a season ending injury in practice on Thursday night. We've lost both our hookers, one of whom actually played yesterday but was taken off early in the game with recurring concussion ( the original injury was at your place). Repeated man of the match second row Ash Lindsay broke his foot last week and we lost our main strike prop (season ending injury) a few weeks ago. Our goal kicking centre Danny Lawton is injured and another second rower was unavailable for this match. On top of this we lost another to injury during the match.

We have a "patched up" side, but I suppose that's how the game is and we've just got to get on with it. I had confidence in us being in a good position for one of the promotion spots but now I'm not so sure.

Best team on the day won.

Ps we all know how all fans are with refs decisions so I won't go there ;-)

Nice unbiased comments dreamer

I wasn't there yesterday due to family commitment but we are missing our first choice stand off Jimmy Rowland..international winger Al Hurst...interchange hooker Keith Holden...Matt Gardner...Tommy Gallagher and Ritchie Hawkyard playing on one leg

We all appreciate how difficult this season has been for Keighley but injuries affect all teams

I think we all enjoy our encounters. Always full blooded affairs

Good luck for the season.

Archived