Ritchie Myler

I think Richard Myler has got to be on the plane down under for the 4 Nations.

Okay he's not as well developed physically as Kyle Eastmond or as skillfull as Sam Tomkins but eventually I think this kid is gonna be the best player in the England team.

He has a support game second to none. I think not since Edwards have we had such a player who can back up and sniff out a try. He will be a record breaker in SL by the time he retires.

All he needs to do is learn from the likes of Briers on his passing and kicking game and we as England RL fans will have a player to marvel at.

I think Richard Myler has got to be on the plane down under for the 4 Nations.

Okay he's not as well developed physically as Kyle Eastmond or as skillfull as Sam Tomkins but eventually I think this kid is gonna be the best player in the England team.

He has a support game second to none. I think not since Edwards have we had such a player who can back up and sniff out a try. He will be a record breaker in SL by the time he retires.

All he needs to do is learn from the likes of Briers on his passing and kicking game and we as England RL fans will have a player to marvel at.

I think he hasnt got a chance compared to Kylie & Tomkins.

Last night without briers on the field & Monners taking a knock & (understandably) not getting as involved as he maybe would, I was looking to see if Myler could step up & direct them round the field & he didnt.

His only saving grace is he is quick if he sees a gap........but then again so is Danny Maguire.

Maybe he will develop but wouldnt take him atm IMHO

I like Richie. I think he is going to be a great player. But, with the best will in the world, he just isn't there yet. A couple of posters have likened him to Shaun Edwards and Danny MacGuire and I think they are right, there is something of both about Myler's play, but there is also something lacking. Edwards used to make breaks as well as follow up and score off them (okay, the latter was his forte, but he could and did make breaks) Myler isn't creating the breaks as much as he needs to. Not yet, anyway. MacGuire was also a 'follower', but he had a kicking game (sometimes failed under pressure, though - eg. Aus) as well. I thought most of Myler's kicking last night was poor and he wasn't really under pressure for most of them.

So, I like the kid, but he's not ready yet. I would take him, however, as cover for both Eastmond and Tomkins in case of injury, but not a starter.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'm a bit confused by all this 'directing a team round the park' thing. What are people expecting, because tbh I don't think we will ever get that from Myler, he just isn't that kind of player.

He is one of two halves, you don't need both halves to be controlling players. He does stuff that many other halves can't do.

On top form, I would go with Tomkins and Eastmond, but Myler is certainly not far behind and would do an excellent job. His short passing game and stuff close to the ruck is excellent as oposed to Briers' wide and long passing game. It works brilliantly for us.

Wendall - not sure we need trashy thread titles like this.

I'm a bit confused by all this 'directing a team round the park' thing. What are people expecting, because tbh I don't think we will ever get that from Myler, he just isn't that kind of player.

He is one of two halves, you don't need both halves to be controlling players. He does stuff that many other halves can't do.

On top form, I would go with Tomkins and Eastmond, but Myler is certainly not far behind and would do an excellent job. His short passing game and stuff close to the ruck is excellent as oposed to Briers' wide and long passing game. It works brilliantly for us.

I'll second that.

"Ritchie Myler" would have been enough, without unjustified sniping comments about his home town.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Has anyone viewed "wezza's" website? It just seems to promote violence and thuggery if you ask me! There is a picture of one "footsoldier" with the caption "the enforcer before being sent to jail" :O Surely not the image a RL fan should promote? :mellow:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

It's his way of 'contributing'. Halfwits do that when they have nothing to offer in terms of real discussion.

Back OT, Myler's a good little player (with the emphasis on little), and another off the Widnes conveyor belt which will soon hopefully be supplying our own team rather than SL vultures.

There's 4 or 5 absolute diamonds in our setup right now, just waiting to be announced to the world, mark my words...

Has anyone viewed "wezza's" website? It just seems to promote violence and thuggery if you ask me! There is a picture of one "footsoldier" with the caption "the enforcer before being sent to jail" :O Surely not the image a RL fan should promote? :mellow:

I did click on it once, "warrington casuals" fb site.

That was enough, I mean it wasn't even Wazza Casuals....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Moderation note: Title changed.

Our patience isn't limitless with these perpetual digs at other clubs for no good reason. :dry:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Our patience isn't limitless with these perpetual digs at other clubs for no good reason. :dry:

Thanks Craig.

You shouldn't have needed to, mind.... :dry:

This wasn't a dig at anyone just a bit of harmless banter and taken from the song all the Wires fans sing when Myler scores atry, he even smiles and waves back when we chant it!

Trouble is Myler isn't good enough for the Four Nations but could be included.

Tomkins is playing full back and Eastmond went off injured again in the game V Crusaders. His fitness must be in doubt.

Myler could come into the reackoning because of these two factors.

Mind you, McNamara is coach so anything may happen and probably will.

Trouble is Myler isn't good enough for the Four Nations but could be included.

Tomkins is playing full back and Eastmond went off injured again in the game V Crusaders. His fitness must be in doubt.

Myler could come into the reackoning because of these two factors.

Mind you, McNamara is coach so anything may happen and probably will.

Widdop may get the full back slot leaving McGuire and Tomkins fighting it out for 6, with Eastmond at 7 if fit. Tomkins must play whatever.

Myler would be handy to have in that side.

Get real! Barring injury, Myler is on the bench and will do a damn good job from there.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.